Another Rim Size Question w/Pics!!!

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok if you have read some of my post, my car is in my garage sleeping(detained) on jack stands. The wheels I had last were 18in. I have also had 17's. I am getting ready to purchase another set of rims. Here are pics of the 17's and 18's. Now I don't need opinions on design or color just what size would be better to get.
17's

18's

What size should I get?

Wraith

5+ Year Member
18 man full arches ftw !!!

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
17's

i cant really tell a diff. in size in those pics....

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to me sometimes the design of the rim makes the size look bigger or smaller. if you want 18s get a rim that looks bigger, but 17s in my opinion 18s will be a rough ride, and flats.

taxableabe

5+ Year Member
--<EM1>-- said:
to me sometimes the design of the rim makes the size look bigger or smaller. if you want 18s get a rim that looks bigger, but 17s in my opinion 18s will be a rough ride, and flats.
exactly as he said. . 18's ride harder than a bull with its balls tied... just get 17's i love it.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IF you can't tell that is the same car. The 17's are the first set I had. Then I got 18's with cf hood, and headlights. The 18's didn't ride bad plus I was riding on ground controls with 5way adjustable kokico's

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
16s IMO... but if u want big go w/ 17s just my $00.02. lol

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive always liked 18's on coupes, and 18 dont ride hard at all you just have to watch out for bad roads.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17s and nice front bumper btw.did you have any fitment issues with it?

Sorry for the threadjack

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
aight man thats, cool, just didnt know i should keep a look out for your ride or not

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neither both look to big and ugly as hell.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FRODO said:
neither both look to big and ugly as hell.
I didn't say what rim looked better I said what size looks better. I don't have a set of rims right now and I am getting ready to get another set. I am not going 16's they are to small for me plus I am going with a big brake system.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SphynxJDM96 said:
17s and nice front bumper btw.did you have any fitment issues with it?

Sorry for the threadjack
Thanks. The bumper fit like a glove. It is poly-urethane and its seen its road rash days and there are no problems other then I need to get it re-painted. I paid $1000 for the kit back about 3 years ago. Now you can get it for around $800. I am not big on kits but I liked this one. I also have the stock oem front bumper with a lip kit but a lot of people rock that style and I wanted something a little different but nothing to big an ugly.