any ps3 owners on here?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK lethal6. You told me Assassin's Creed so I got it. Decide to take a break from the action and collect flags. In Kingdom there is one on top of a pillar.. that you have to jump from another pillar to get. HOW THE f**k DO YOU DO IT??? I can't make it I die everytime.

Or anyone else that has played it. :what:
It has been quite some time since I played it but if it is the pain in the ass one that I am thinking of, I had to read the walkthrough to figure it out. If it is the one that I am thinking of, I remember it taking quite a few tries for me. You have to jump off the one above it or next to it (I can't remember) and catch it on the way by. You need to be far enough along to have the grab ledge ability. Memory block 4 or 5 I believe.

*edit* Just scanned through the walkthrough. I was right. You need to be past block 4 and have the ability. You have to catch it just right on the way down.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't stop buying blu-rays since I got my ps3! AHHHHHHHH

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It has been quite some time since I played it but if it is the pain in the ass one that I am thinking of, I had to read the walkthrough to figure it out. If it is the one that I am thinking of, I remember it taking quite a few tries for me. You have to jump off the one above it or next to it (I can't remember) and catch it on the way by. You need to be far enough along to have the grab ledge ability. Memory block 4 or 5 I believe.

*edit* Just scanned through the walkthrough. I was right. You need to be past block 4 and have the ability. You have to catch it just right on the way down.
Yea I figured that out. LOL that was my problem I didn't have the grab ledge ability. I was trying to grab it for probably and hour!!!!! :rolf:

ANYWAYS in other news. Anyone see the new Need For Speed: Shift previews? Sure it looks like a Forza copy, but its available for the PS3. :woot: Comes out this Tuesday I think I am going to pick it up. I need a good racing game .

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NFS will never be at forza level... the gameplay too arcade-like. the only realistic NFS was NFS: Porsche.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NFS will never be at forza level... the gameplay too arcade-like. the only realistic NFS was NFS: Porsche.
Did you see the new set up though? I'm pretty sure they took free roam out, its all on tracks, and it no longer has the cops or anything. The gameplay looked pretty close to something you would expect in Forza or Gran Turismo, Some people have said Grid? never played that though

EDIT: I realize its no where near the Forza level, but its the first step to that type of game play.

[YOUTUBE="Shift"]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuq9HZw_T2g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuq9HZw_T2g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so kinda like nfs prostreet?

i'm more interested in the next nfs game. it'll be in "most wanted" and "underground" style with free roam, cops, etc. it's called nfs world online... yes, it's gonna be a racing mmo of sorts.

[youtube=nfs world online]Op-aRRZUEsk[/youtube]

as for grid... the physics sucked so much

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats up with this 3.0 update? I'm afraid to do it, I've heard stories of games not working right and systems messing up.

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i updated it and i think its better. it works fine on mine.
i play Rainbow six lv 2 :thumbup:

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as for grid... the physics sucked so much
Shift is supposed to have cockpit movement or w.e you wanna call it. Like when you go around a corner the head moves like it should. I want a game like Forza, or GRAN TURISMO!!! but none are out... or for PS3. So Shift will do. I will pick it up and let you know.

I kinda got bored with the free roam style. I used to be huge on it. I played underground 1 and 3, most wanted, carbon. time to mix things up for my taste. Hell I might even just get a 360 to play Forza on it. :D

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats up with this 3.0 update? I'm afraid to do it, I've heard stories of games not working right and systems messing up.
I don't think I've updated that yet. Was it new today? I will turn it on and see whats up.

any madden players on here?
Not me. I could never get into team sports games.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't stop buying blu-rays since I got my ps3! AHHHHHHHH

:word:

I ended up picking up a new slim model basically for playing blu ray and dvds. It is still (in my book) the best blu ray player in that price demographic.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the 3.0 firmware shouldn't keep any games from playing... i've yet to encounter an issue. it will, however, make the XMB text HUGE, which isn't too bad at 1080i, but is horrid at 480i.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't notice it being that much larger. I'm pretty sure you can actually change the font styling/size in the settings bar.

The start up also now has the new logo and when you have the original theme on there's now sparkles.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oh, and it also added the dynamic theme feature...

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now i'm intreagued :D
Head tracking, gonna be sick

Shortly after Gran Turismo 5’s feature list popped up on Polyphony Digital’s website, pandemonium broke out as everyone rushed to secure an accurate translation. With the added excitement of the playable demo at GamesCom and our first look at damage, some pretty remarkable new features slipped under the collective radar. We’re going to put the spotlight on one of them today which could have an major impact on the racing game genre across platforms: “head tracking” with the PlayStation Eye.
The concept itself is simple enough -- it’s a camera that tracks the movement of your head -- but the results are breathtaking. If you’ve never seen this new technology in action, watch the following demos and you’ll quickly realize the implications of such a feature in Gran Turismo 5:

As we learned from Polyphony Digital’s website, you’ll be able to use this head tracking technology to manipulate the “cockpit camera” and presumably look through the corners and at your opponents with the simple turn of your head. From the translation (confirmed by Yamauchi):
“…the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)”
The PlayStation Eye is already available for $32.99, but is not typically considered a must-have peripheral for most PS3 owners due to a lack of software support. That could change in a very big way, selling lots of additional Eye hardware for Sony in the process. For now, though, we could be looking at GT5’s “dark horse” in the race for consumer’s hearts, minds, and dollars.

[YOUTUBE="head tracking"]8SDGG9HhbgQ[/YOUTUBE]

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that is pretty cool

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Goddamn, I'm try and get one ASAP. Don't like the way the Slims look.

Would be cool if games like COD used the Eye for looking around in games instead of the joy stick.
Interesting stuff