anyone take there PWR Steering out?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my coupe dosent have ps..or ac. dosent really bother me that much though. when its hot i drive the wife's truck

minimeswapEX98

5+ Year Member
no ac no power steering. still easy. wife hates the car. it is breaking us apart.

bump to put put your car on jenny craig. woot to that

jon31562

mmmm..turbo?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i've never owned a car with a/c... and my hatch doesn't have ps i really cant tell its easier to turn than my 86 accord with ps...

justinfetalvero

HatchOwned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 98 hatch doesnt have power steering. Its hard to turn when your not moving but when you are moving everything is fine. Reverse parking is hard. Its not that bad though.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my power steering is out on my 2000 Si. its not hard to steer. it was gonig to cost me $100 for a new pump so i said screw it and just took the belt off. its not hard to drive when your tires are inflated to the right psi. when your tires start getting low it starts taking more strength to turn the wheel at a stop

phong3992

5+ Year Member
I had a 99 coupe with b18c1 motor, no ps, no ac.

seriously once you get rolling its not bad at all.

just wwhen you are at a dead stop its a lil bit more difficult to turn

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sweet, this thread was a year old and got bumped by an 09er for a pointless post :lol:

i might as well make a contribution: after i did a b20 shortblock swap on my 00 si, i drove around for 3 years with no P/S belt but still had all other P/S components and fluid in the reservoir. I finally got a new belt, installed it, and everything worked like nothing had ever happened. It's been about a year and still problem free. point? you don't have to convert to manual steering just b/c something doesnt work properly on your p/s system

lilROOKZ

EJh8ONIT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i took all my a/c out and cruise controll but not power steering. keep it. i drove my buddies neon with no power steering, seems like it would get annoying really fast

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it's really only annoying when your trying to park in a hurry. its difficult to get the wheels turned when youre at a stop so you have to learn how to keep the wheels rolling while youre parking. other than that its basically the same when driving on the road

jkcivic

5+ Year Member
my 98 hatch doesnt have power steering. Its hard to turn when your not moving but when you are moving everything is fine. Reverse parking is hard. Its not that bad though.
same thing for me in 99 hatch. like u said its not that bad

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wimps...my hatch has no power steering....and.....hmmmmm its still pretty easy to steer
:word:

If you do take it out, make sure you keep the lines full of fluid so you dont f**k up the seals in the rack. theres a way to get the 2 lines together to make a loop so you will always have fluid in them..

Rkane

5+ Year Member
I reccently bought a 1991 civic cx with no power steering...is it possible to put power steering in it?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I reccently bought a 1991 civic cx with no power steering...is it possible to put power steering in it?
Anything is possible! Just might be a pain... Did the car ever have PS?

I am thinking about removing my PS only for cosmetic reasons... But not sure, I mean my pump and everything is clean, no leaks, have AEM Pulleys on all components in the car... HMmmm But with shaving the bay it would clean it up SOOOO much!

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
dude its a piece of cake!! for anyone that says it sucks, lift some 5 lbs. weights for a couple minutes or buy a workout video!! JEEZ! i personally like it, i think you get a better feel of the car and its not that hard to turn unless your lazy and fat! i cant even tell i dont have it when the car is moving. my girlfriend has the same car as me and she has power steering the only difference is when your parked or stopped and you need to turn your wheel its harder. but even then its not hard enough to break a sweat. also if theres grooves in the road it will pull your car and feel like your alignments off, thats the only part i dont like otherwise i took it out to make my engine bay look cleaner along with my a/c and CC but its all about your personal preference.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
find a 88-91 sedan with power steering and take all the componets.

i think auto hatches had it too. go to the junkyard

XeroReboot

Z6-All Motor
:word:

If you do take it out, make sure you keep the lines full of fluid so you dont f**k up the seals in the rack. theres a way to get the 2 lines together to make a loop so you will always have fluid in them..
What if you just yank the whole PS system out, pump and pulley? What's this about the seals on the rack?

SlowEm1

5+ Year Member
Not worth it... I bought my 2000 Si without PS, can't wait to get the pressure line on and get it working.

mpaired_7126

5+ Year Member
theres many people that does it for power and mileage. this also is pain in the ass to steer. your car is meant to have power steering, so if you take it off you'll just mess up the steering box. happened to mines when i had no power steering after my wreck