apekd's ED6 part 2

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so I figured that it is time for a part duece now that im on to the motor build at last.

Headed to the good ol' u-pull-it and grabbed parts for my EDIS ignition swap. Got my coil pack, harness, pully, and some unrelated goodies.

I just need to get my EDIS module and then i can start on some wiring.

Now as for the LS, I have been on wiredonhonda.com for some time now and found a dealer that im ordering my parts from. he is saving me money and only charging me 5% over cost on all the part I am buying from him. that includes the Crower Stage 2 cams, Valve Springs, Retainers, SS Valves. All new bearings, and CTR pistons, gasket set, Cam gears, cam seals, and a bigger throttle body. a total of around 1500 to 1600. I also started to clean out the intake and exhaust ports. Good thing i did, they were dirty and ugly. I'm also locating the right sized allen head bolts for the valve cover to hold it down, and ARP head studs. after this i have to get on to tuning with the MegaSquirt. so i hope to have the engine up and running around december or so.

oh, here is a small set of pic's of the touch up i did with the engine bay:

ill have more pics of a few other things i have done in a few days.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are VC bolt kits on Ebay.

i have black machine bolts on my ZC

cant do those 2 by the belt, the are long and run through the cam cap.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol looks good so far !!!....should do a wire tuck so i can see how someone elses turns out =)

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, i think that hose is actually a High Pressure hose.

Well since I plan on running the MS1 I bet i can get rid of around 3/4 of the wires, and sell a lot of the modules that I dont need. Ain't it a funny thing, a Honda running with FORD parts. LOL But i should have a tuck started on the drivers side in a few weeks when I get into a garage. My friend did one on his ED hatch and it looks really clean. I decided that the engine bay will be painted the 08' Ford E-Series Grey. Pretty much the gunship grey. So the clean bay should look really nice with the Grey. Plus the whole exterior of the car is getting a re-paint. I have to remove the clear coat, and then repaint it. But we are mixing the colors to get a better, truer Olive Green. So it will look better arond the middle of winter. Hope to do another update after the bearings and CTR pistons Im goin to order arrive. Later guys;)

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
keep us updated ! =)
Yeah, I'll make sure of that. Starting on getting my list together of my "after build" items. So far I got my gauges, all of which are BLOX. Vacuum, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Coolant Temp, and a fuel rail mounted Fuel Pressure. All of which will be mounted on top of the dash and sitting next to my display for the MS1. Also I will be making the hood dampner, which I will make a DIY for. NUKABE Red Tow Hooks, Earl's Brake Lines, KYB AGX shocks with Ground Control Coilover kit. I'll list more when i get quotes back form my buddy. Later guys!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, if all goes well the only part three there should be is all of the work from the 4 door I'm fixing on buying. Don't feel like driving this around everyday so I planned on getting a 4 door ED and building a single cam for it. Nothing fancy but I just think that 4 door's can look sick when you drop em and give em some JDM exterior goodies. I some good ones online a lot and after my parents heard my plan for the engine build they thought it would help me to buy another car so I can save on gas. And since single cams are in little demand, parts are going for a good price around here.

Next month I'm throwing some of the money down for the Crower parts for the head. And then I should be looking for the transmission that I so badly need

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, I feel like s**t. Just got suspended. Drove right past a photo radar van. They got me. 2 in 1 month and 1 previous. So I am kicked out of my Ford program, and Most likely I lost my job with Ford. This means it's back to the 6 to 3 job, walkin, taking the train, and waiting. I don't have a clue when they are going to send the paper and tell me, but I parked the car and now I guess I am going to go to the junk yard, pull of parts to make the EDIS for MS1, We have a whole kit that we are trying to sell for around 150. So if any of you want to do MS1 or MS2 and want to go EDIS, let me know. I'll give you a good deal on it since you're from the site. Well, I guess I'll go put my decals on, and ride the bike. Hope that I can still get some money to throw into the car. If not, than oh well. Plus I might just trade straight across for a sedan. Just so they leave me a lone.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ummm....ouch

sad to hear man ! i hope something good works out for you!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ummm....ouch

sad to hear man ! i hope something good works out for you!
same here. I know that I'll be selling some of the LS parts off, and the ECU's. Plus since I'm making the EDIS kits for MS1 and MS2, i should be making around 900 if i sell everything. But right now, I just gotta figure out what I am telling my boss. I think I can beg him, but I'm not sure. So if I can keep my job, then the project will continue on.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hope so !!!!

let us know man :*(
I'll make sure to. Since all I need to get the LS running is the gaskets, thermostat, MS1, and tranny and axles, I think I can just throw it is and build up another bottom end, maybe a B1 bottom, and then go on from there. but if not, then I guess i can sell the LS and go Mini-me for a while. dont want to lose sight of my ls though.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why dont you just run a chipped pr4 ECU instead of the megasquirt?

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why dont you just run a chipped pr4 ECU instead of the megasquirt?
I would like to have the PR4 as a back up, which I already have, but the tuning capabilities of the MegaSquirt really outrank the abilities of the chipped PR4. And no, I am not saying that chipped ECU's suck, I'm just saying that I want something that I can use with my needs. Next year I plan on going to the track 2 times a month, always wanting to better my self. So going and getting a tune everytime I go, that's not in my budget. Plus, my folks have a laptop that I can use whenever I go, that way I can data log, and change the numbers on the fly.

Oh get this, for the EDIS control module that Ford makes, cost is 515.60$. I went to the junk yard, paid 2$ to get in, and walked out with around 20 of them. so i paid like, 0.10$ each lol. Now I am puting the kits together, so If you are intersted, lmk cause im selling for 150, but on here it would be 100+shipping.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can do that witch a chipped ecu also.

Moates.net

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can do that witch a chipped ecu also.

Moates.net
cool, never knew that. But the thing I like is that I can build it, tune it and everything. I'm more of a do it yourselfer

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i just put ib my order for new hid bulbs. Should be getting them on friday and if not than on monday. comming up from Cali so its a short distance. ill have the right bulbs now, not some shitty fitted 9007's into the 9006 spot. 12000K, Exotic Violet. I wanted the 30000K but the local law says that I will get cited each time. Ill post up pics when I get them on and aligned