Attempted a wire tuck job =) *Updated*

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
*UPDATED AFTER PICTURES* (You can really see how much better it looks now that the flash isn't reflecting off all the dirt)

Yay! I spent about a total of 5 hours taking things off & moving things around.

The first ~2 hours consisted of just taking plugs off of metal clips and tucking them down into the engine bay. I also went back to the OEM intake from the generic eBay intake.

The next ~3 hours consisted of removing cruise control & re-routing pieces of the harness through locations where the wires wouldn't be seen. Wasn't easy and was sure as hell dirty, but I'm definitely pleased.

Special thanks to BlackHope for helping me with a few ideas.

Some before pictures:

Picture taken long time ago but you can see how messy it is:

Picture before I started everything late afternoon Sunday:

After: *UPDATE* (Worked on it some more this morning after I woke up)

This took the longest:

And I know you're going to say put the heatshield back on, but the bottom hole on the heatshield where the bolt goes through is rusted bad so its not an enclosed hole. It doesn't sit right on the header and rattles really really bad.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lookin' better? lol. Try tuck it or hide it through the weather strip seal thinggy...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The pictures really don't show the difference. I'll be working on it more today and I'll edit the first post.

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need to wash your bay, and have it cleaned up, liek badly, that thing is dirty, take a pressure washer to it.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so u went to CAI to short ram to oem airbox? yea u gotta pressure wash that bad boy and i would put the heat shield back on that looks clean i believe unless u have some nice shiny headers

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i want to do that myself but i am too lazy, plus i enjoy my time w/ the daughter

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd really like to drill some holes and remove a few things like you did itsmycookie but I really need a/c and washer fluid for weather here lol.

Updated pictures btw...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks like people are going tuck crazy....good job man..!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmmm...

Anyone recommend anything else? I want to keep p/s, a/c and washer fluid so those are a no go. But as far as little things (ie - throttle cable <-- how do u tuck this btw?).

Everythings still the same as the updated pictures though. Heatshield for stock headers will never be put back on. The bottom hole on the heatshield where it bolts to the manifold is rusted to a semi-circle so it doesn't actually bolt on but rather rattles like crazy. SRI will go back on once I get my buddy to drill me a hole for one of the vacuum lines.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't see any wires... oh wait, that's the point :smackself:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lookin hella better man...very nice job

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
paint the rusted stuff black or somthing, it would look better.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that coolant line clear? is your coolant orange? thats not good.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
its actually horrible

fixed though ;)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for the compliments :thumbs up. I tried my best to get stuff tucked but it really was hard and had many moments where I was close to the point of just giving up. But it all turned out nice. And hardly any of that is rust btw ;) except bolts/nuts and a couple brackets. I know if I washed that bad boy, it'd look so good.

And BlackHope, my throttle cable is different from yours (atleast from what I can see through pictures). My throttle cable is actually mounted to a bracket on the intake manifold. I think the way mine works, is that the point on the cable where it is mounted, needs to be mounted to a solid spot so the cable can be pulled. Maybe I'm wrong but it appears that way. That's why I was hesitant to move it down and let it sit in the engine bay on the IM. But someone please make me look noobish and correct me :oops:.

MasterShake said:
As far as I know, there are 2 types of coolant that can be used. My teacher showed us in Auto I back in high school but I forget what the orange is.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
Whats wrong with orange (high mileage) coolant?
:what:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
when i get the time, I'm thinking about attempting to do a lil wire tucking myself.....hmmmm:yummy: