Auto To Manual Conversion: Complete Part List

Spoonsedan

5+ Year Member
is the flexplate necessary?

here's an example

datkiidteddy

This is exactly what im getting ready to do to my Civic
The only reason being is when I was looking for a car I was in a rush and this civic was close so it had to be done then the auto tranny went haywire so fluffff that!

So I got a SI Tranny now ^_^
and almost everything going to a junkyard to get the pedal assembly and then hopefully do this swap within the next week or so i'll post up everything once its done no doubt...
and thanks bro this gave me the rest of the parts i needed ^_^

STICKKKKYYYY

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
Everyone I Try To Help You Out By Telling You Here That I Have Some Left Over Parts From When I Was Going To Do My Swap But Ended Up Trading My Car For A 5sp So If You Want Some Parts Pm Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need Cash Lol And Am Trying To Help A Little!

Luvmycivic303

5+ Year Member
Now i have a question, i got a 99 ex coupe, everything makes perfect sense, you did a great job man, only two things im not quite sure about, now from what i have seen, the ignition switches are different from auto to manual, will there be problems there? and how do i wire the neutral safety switch to an auto harness?

daishi17

5+ Year Member
Now i have a question, i got a 99 ex coupe, everything makes perfect sense, you did a great job man, only two things im not quite sure about, now from what i have seen, the ignition switches are different from auto to manual, will there be problems there? and how do i wire the neutral safety switch to an auto harness?
I just did this swap on Monday, and I didn't run into an issue with the ignition switch. I have a 00 civic ex now manual =) . Haven't done the iacv fix or wired up the neutral safety switch, but it starts and runs pretty solid, even though running on the auto ecu. One thing i didn't get to get yet.

When you took the auto shifter out, there is a 14 wire plug which has 2 black wires sitting next to each other, they have a bigger gauge than the other wires in that plug. Cut those two wires and connect them to the top sensor (clutch interlock switch) on the clutch pedal assembly. This allows you to only start the car when the clutch is pressed.

oguin_studking

Great Write-up!!!!! Thanks for the details man. Quick question though.....where is there a good place to pick up a slightly used 5spd???? & a couple other parts?

bubchilders

Good post its helping me I just got a 95 dx I just bought s full 5 speed swap for 150 dollars and thanks to this I know I have everything I need to do it

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're takling about an EM1 Si tranny, then no, as it's B-Series. If you mean Si as in 92-95 Si, then yes since it's a D-Series.

Bump for (what I think is) good information.

happyjunki3

hey dude, my mechanic finished the whole swap and everything but he says he's missing a rubber piece called the shift linkage mounting bracket? i just wanna know if this is the actual name for the part? cuz i literally can't find it anywhere. thank you

g33kz

Ok so imma do the swap on my d16z6 sedan and I got 2 eg6 ready to get junk and all part are still intact on both eg.....wondering if I need anything else beside that top mount for tranny only.

NJcoupe

Hey i have a few problems with my 98 civic auto to manual swapped by the previous owner, i have no clue what he did with it or what parts he used. 1st question is it possible that he did the swap but left the ecu for the automatic or replaced the ecu with a non vtec one.(i don't know if my vtec works that's why i'm asking) also shifting first to second i need to use a lot of force to get it into second and it makes that shift take a long time. lastly putting it into 5th or reverse pushes down on the exhaust.
1 more thing do you think i should have someone check it out, i don;t know who would know about auto to manual swaps but i'm concerned mine was done wrong.

irawkian_EK9

Good info my dude... Just wrote down the whole list and now headed to the junkyard... Wish me luck! lol BUMP For Awesome Thread