Auto To Manual Conversion: Complete Part List

david9054

thanks alot for the info this is just wat i needed now i jus need 2 find da parts n sumone 2 do it for me...

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
i heard u need a new starter also from a 5-speed car is tht true?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, you will need a 5spd starter as well.

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
hey if anyone needs a slave cylinder or a master cylinder i have them extra and will sell them along with a shift boot

born2sleep13

5+ Year Member
I have most the parts collected and am almost ready to do the swap.
Is this something that can be done over a weekend or will my car be down for a a week or two

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Should be able to get it all done within a weekend. Grab a couple of friends for an extra set of hands.

I updated the original post with IACV repinning information.

born2sleep13

5+ Year Member
awesome cuz heres the deal i got a 00 dx hatch
i pulled most the parts of a junk 95 si
im not sure if i have all the pieces like that front torque mount and the upper tranny bracket
also pulled the hardline for the clutch but i herd it different on the 00
but i didnt get the ECU is that a big deal? wont it just throw check engine codes

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clutch lines should be OK. Just as long as theyre not broken/rusted through, you should be able to make them work. And if not, its not hard/expensive to make your own lines. Maybe 6' of metal brake line, and the fittings and you should be good.

If you dont run a 5spd ECU, and run the auto instead, you'll have CELs for the auto tranny. It'll still drive, though.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why did this get unstuck?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why did this get unstuck?
because its indexed in the important links thread.. if we stuck EVERY thread that was decent the whole first page would be stuck threads..

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oooooh. Ok. I didnt realize it got indexed. Cool s**t.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
so just to be on the safe side. A SI tranny will not work on my y7 block? I want to get a mini me setup going w/ y8 head a y7 block but i want a si tranny b/c i heard they have shorter gears. If so, would you recommend taking the y7 tranny and throwing in the SI tranny's gears?.....

508Honda

I keep seeing you need the axles off a manual car when doing the swap as well? Any truth to that or eMech bs? Currently in the middle of this swap myself, any pictures @ all? No forum seems to have step by steps with this.

Also any new difference with doing this on a EJ2? My 95' DX D16Z6 is what im preforming the swap on.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so just to be on the safe side. A SI tranny will not work on my y7 block? I want to get a mini me setup going w/ y8 head a y7 block but i want a si tranny b/c i heard they have shorter gears. If so, would you recommend taking the y7 tranny and throwing in the SI tranny's gears?.....
ANY 92-00 D-Series trans will bolt to ANY 92-00 D-Series block.

I keep seeing you need the axles off a manual car when doing the swap as well? Any truth to that or eMech bs? Currently in the middle of this swap myself, any pictures @ all? No forum seems to have step by steps with this.

Also any new difference with doing this on a EJ2? My 95' DX D16Z6 is what im preforming the swap on.
You can re-use your auto axles. If you search aruond Honda-Tech, you'll find a few write ups on how to do it, along with pictures of the process. If your doing it to a 92-95 Civic, you'll need different mounts. Which mounts, Im not 100% sure...

Bump for doing this swap over the past weekend for another happy customer. :thumbs up

96Vt3c

im definately going to use this when i get the chance. im switching from my auto transmission to a manual cause my transmission atm slips going into 4th and its getting really annoying so next year when i go to vocational school for auto mech. ill learn about it and swap it.
thx

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
i got parts for you people lol i was gonna do the swap but want to buy an integra insted so i got these parts for you to do the swap shoot me a pm with what you need i will b happy 2 sell it lol jus sitting in my garage now so hit me up