B16 error code 36 and 7

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I currrently have a b16A with head work done and a tuned P28 ECU.

Due to the ontario goverment I need to get my emissions test done so I switched my p28 with my stock p30 ecu. as soon as I put it in I threw a code 7 with is the TPS and a code 36 which is the JDM traction control code. I switched ecu's back and the code still exists, I resist the ecu by pulling the proper fuses and disconnecting the battery still same thing.
Its reving really low, I mean like 100rpm at idle and sometimes stalls out. I figure thats the TPS sensor but the sensor is ok itself. The connector to the TPS is only at .1 on the power meter or something like that and I was told its suppose to be reading .5??? on all three connections?

Does anyone have any clue how to fixe either problem??
Does anyone have a diagram of the P30 because I heard if the ground the traction control wire it will rid the error so my vtec and s**t will work?

Please feel free to give me any knowledge you have because i need my car back ASAP.

Thanks

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
might need to change throttle bodies for the sensor to act right.....and ive never heard of JDM Traction Control

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually the low power comes from the plug before the connection with the TB therefore the TPS seems to be between the ECU and the connection to the TB.
Its an error code only with JDM ecu's such as the P30 and unfortunately its cuts of vtec.

Kingjames83

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump to anyone who has a clue and for a quick resulotion

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This might be a long shot and I hate to BUMP this thread, but did you figure anything out on how to get rid of that CEL Code 36 (JDM Traction Control)? I cant get VTEC at all and I am throwing this CEL Code. Any insight would be helpful ... Thanks in advanced.

I've searched and searched and info on this CEL Code is very limited, found this and one other thread (different forum) but neither give a definite answer/solution to the CEL Code 36 ...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, If you unplug the tps the car will run a lot better, but you can change the tps by getting a dremmel and making a flat head groove all the way across the thing, then get some of the same threaded, similar link and what head you like for holding it back on when you get one off another throttle body. F,b,h,d, and a whole lot of other throttle bodies from like a whole s**t ton of honda and acura cars, look on ebay and find what all the shitty ones on there fit and get a used oem one, they are better anyways, I know, b/c i did the same thing until I just went and got one off of another throttle body of my friends. As for the traction control, get another ecu or something.