b16 swap won't start

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this has got to be the most inaccurate collection of advice i have ever read.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bklynEG said:
this has got to be the most inaccurate collection of advice i have ever read.
so what should we say o wise one who makes posts like that and offers no help

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
giving any help to this person would be futile. i am not in the business of trying help someone with no mechanical skill whatsoever over the internet. b series into an ek is not brain surgery but there are a couple of tricks to the ek to make it work properly. and if you guys are such great mechanic why have most of you paid other people to install your engines?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bklynEG said:
giving any help to this person would be futile. i am not in the business of trying help someone with no mechanical skill whatsoever over the internet. b series into an ek is not brain surgery but there are a couple of tricks to the ek to make it work properly. and if you guys are such great mechanic why have most of you paid other people to install your engines?
ummm I did my on, and so did blazed. He is asking for help beacuse he is stumped, sorry i am not an ass hole and feel that giving anything to try to help is wrong. Then i didnt post how bad the info was without posting any info of my own. Everything I said here is a possability, none of it is bad advise except for yours

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
telling the dude to get a jumper harness and change to obd2b ecu because his ecu might be causing it to not to start is completely off . a dx ecu will run the b16 .the dude has an obd2a car any obd2a ecu will start the car. it wont run right but it will run . once the engine is in and it cranks over any professional mechanic should figure it out. the dude says he has spark but doesnt know if he has fuel so you tell him to change the cap and rotor. hello, he just said he had spark. its like the blind leading the blind on here. although reading this s**t is quite funny to me.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bklynEG said:
telling the dude to get a jumper harness and change to obd2b ecu because his ecu might be causing it to not to start is completely off . a dx ecu will run the b16 . it wont run right but it will run . once the engine is in and it cranks over any professional mechanic should figure it out. the dude says he has spark but doesnt know if he has fuel so you tell him to change the cap and rotor. hello, he just said he had spark. its like the blind leading the blind on here. although reading this s**t is quite funny to me.
no we didnt tell him to do the cap and rotor, and even if your getting spark, it could be weak spark

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mainly all we did was tell hime the basic problems that can happen on a swap, let him ork form there. Havent you ever been stumped on something and just need a push in the right direction?

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got back from the garage.

There is a good strong spark (HKS Iridium’s), the fuel pump primes, there is fuel to the rail, but there is nothing telling the injectors to fire.

Swapped old d16y7 ecu in and it started on the second attempt. Idle is rough, erratic and it cuts out, but revs to 3k fine. Obviously the ecu is struggling with sensors that have readings way out, wrong maps and can't cope, but at least all the wiring and plumbing is ok and we can say that the ecu is at fault.

They have a friend who has agreed to come in and they will test his ecu on my car to see if that works, if not it sounds like it could be the immobiliser (which they can bypass if necessary).

Thanks to everyone who helped... Blazed, Frodo, Black Sheep Performance and io_303, now we know where the problem lies we should be able to sort this out soon.

Cheers

Tim

:thumbs up

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bklynEG said:
telling the dude to get a jumper harness and change to obd2b ecu because his ecu might be causing it to not to start is completely off . a dx ecu will run the b16 .the dude has an obd2a car any obd2a ecu will start the car. it wont run right but it will run . once the engine is in and it cranks over any professional mechanic should figure it out. the dude says he has spark but doesnt know if he has fuel so you tell him to change the cap and rotor. hello, he just said he had spark. its like the blind leading the blind on here. although reading this s**t is quite funny to me.
wtf u talking about?
I told him his dx ecu would start his car up but i told him dont drive with that ecu on because it wont run right since a lot of shyt aint integrated into that f**kin ecu...

:wtf: