B18b into 2000 hatch - Not running right! PLEASE help! WATCH VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonJ

Banned
OBD2a and OBD2b ECU plugs are the same, just the pin outs are different.

These are the OBD2a and OBD2b ECU plugs:

EKHatchB18B1

OBD2a and OBD2b ECU plugs are the same, just the pin outs are different.

These are the OBD2a and OBD2b ECU plugs:

oh right on. yeah we tried swapping conversion harness.still same issue

RonJ

Banned
oh right on. yeah we tried swapping conversion harness.still same issue
This doesn't answer the question. What type of conversion wire harnesses have you tried? OBD2a or OBD2b or both? If both harnesses that you swapped were the wrong type, you would not expect the problem to be fixed, right?

EKHatchB18B1

This doesn't answer the question. What type of conversion wire harnesses have you tried? OBD2a or OBD2b or both? If both harnesses that you swapped were the wrong type, you would not expect the problem to be fixed, right?
obd2b-obd1 we tried 2 diffrent ones

RonJ

Banned
List all wire colors that you see for connectors of these sensors:

IAT
TPS
MAP
IACV
ECT

EKHatchB18B1

IAT - 2 wires - green w/ black stripe,
- red w/ yellow stripe.

TPS - 3 wires - Yellow w/ blue stripe
- Red w/ black stripe
- Green w/ black stripe

MAP - 3 wires - Yellow w/ red stripe
- Green w/ white stripe
- Red w/ green stripe

IACV - 2 wires - Yellow w/ black stripe
- Black

ECT - 2 wires - Green w/ black stripe
- Red w/ white stripe

RonJ

Banned
I wanted to verify that no sensor connectors were swapped. They look fine, though you probably misread the IACV, which has Yel/Blk & Blk/Blu wires.

EKHatchB18B1

I wanted to verify that no sensor connectors were swapped. They look fine, though you probably misread the IACV, which has Yel/Blk & Blk/Blu wires.
Yeah just looked at it again, it is black w/ blue on the iacv.

ANY ideas??? Im honestly all out...

Zerovandez

5+ Year Member
Just because it worked for someone else doesn't mean that it will work for you. I had a B18B in my Civic DX using the Civic's harness, OBD2A, to an OBD2A P75 ECU without any problems. The ECU doesn't care what the engine is just as long all sensors are present. You mention that you are using an OBD2B harness so I'll assume that you have an OBD2B to OBD1 jumper harness although you failed to mention that bit of critical information.

Are there any modifications done to the engine? Did you do a tune up before you dropped it in? Did you check it's compression? Check that you havne't plugged the TPS plug into the MAP sensor and vice versa. They're the same looking and easily mistaken for eachother. And yes, I'm telling you to go to your car and switch these 2 plugs around for the sake of testing. Is it a P75 ECU that you are using?

EKHatchB18B1

Just because it worked for someone else doesn't mean that it will work for you. I had a B18B in my Civic DX using the Civic's harness, OBD2A, to an OBD2A P75 ECU without any problems. The ECU doesn't care what the engine is just as long all sensors are present. You mention that you are using an OBD2B harness so I'll assume that you have an OBD2B to OBD1 jumper harness although you failed to mention that bit of critical information.

Are there any modifications done to the engine? Did you do a tune up before you dropped it in? Did you check it's compression? Check that you havne't plugged the TPS plug into the MAP sensor and vice versa. They're the same looking and easily mistaken for eachother. And yes, I'm telling you to go to your car and switch these 2 plugs around for the sake of testing. Is it a P75 ECU that you are using?
yeah using obd2b to obd1 jumper and no modifications.no tune up due to it ran 100% in the teg the day we drove it into garage to rip it out.plugs are all right ronj and us tried it yesterday but we ll swap them for testing sakes. yes its p75 ecu

EKHatchB18B1

yeah using obd2b to obd1 jumper and no modifications.no tune up due to it ran 100% in the teg the day we drove it into garage to rip it out.plugs are all right ronj and us checked it yesterday but we ll swap them for testing sakes. yes its p75 ecu.

RonJ

Banned
If the wire colors in connectors match the sensors, don't do any connector swapping. Otherwise, you risk frying the ECU.

RonJ

Banned
Hook up the Y7 ECU and the Y8 harness, run the engine, and then check what OBD2 codes are thrown.

Zerovandez

5+ Year Member
Any possibilities of you removing the jumper harness/OBD1 ECU and using the OBD2B P75 ECU? Could be a bad jumper harness too.

kingkao

5+ Year Member
try to run a chipped ecu and see if it makes a difference. i tired a chipped ecu on my car and it ran great, idle good, the car dont stall when driving either

Status
Not open for further replies.