B18b into 2000 hatch - Not running right! PLEASE help! WATCH VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKHatchB18B1

try to run a chipped ecu and see if it makes a difference. i tired a chipped ecu on my car and it ran great, idle good, the car dont stall when driving either
ok update guys jumper failed today we hooked up new jumper and hondata s300 and now we got no engine codes. but on hondata it shows it doesnt rev past 3500, so thats limp mode correct me if wrong? anyone got any ideas why it would go into limp mode?

EKHatchB18B1

ok update guys jumper failed today we hooked up new jumper and hondata s300 and now we got no engine codes. but on hondata it shows it doesnt rev past 3500, so thats limp mode correct me if wrong? anyone got any ideas why it would go into limp mode?
BUMPAGE!:word:

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wish I could offer more idea's. Kinda lost..

Oh By the way, your Sig is WAY to big. Just lookin out.

And if I come across any idea's I am still watching this thread...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you checked injectors? To make sure each is working? Checked for spark on each cyl?

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
history on a tune up? especially on a used motor, i would personally be doing a full tune up on the motor (plugs, wires, cap, rotor)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
injectors are working...due to its running way rich and yes each cyl has spark we checked that.
Just because it is running rich does not mean each one is working. I would unplug each injector while the motor is running, it should then bog down or die. Then the next. If one makes no change then you got a possible bad injector or harness...

Also did you say you ran the motor with no exhaust? Could be a clogged cat, but if you said it ran catless then that's not it...

EKHatchB18B1

Just because it is running rich does not mean each one is working. I would unplug each injector while the motor is running, it should then bog down or die. Then the next. If one makes no change then you got a possible bad injector or harness...

Also did you say you ran the motor with no exhaust? Could be a clogged cat, but if you said it ran catless then that's not it...
we tried my buddies obd2b ecu its b16a2 ecu ran the car perfect so im thinking it just doesnt like the obd1 ecu gonna try obd2b ecu from integra...pretty sure it will fix it...not sure why it would do that

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Could be the Jumper harness's bro... Could also be a bad ECU? Yea so I mean if you are not gonna tune it, then you don't really need to get the OBD1 set up. If you just want it for a DD and more power for now, OBDII will work just fine. Too bad your not in CO, I have the ECU you need...

Keep us updated!

EKHatchB18B1

Could be the Jumper harness's bro... Could also be a bad ECU? Yea so I mean if you are not gonna tune it, then you don't really need to get the OBD1 set up. If you just want it for a DD and more power for now, OBDII will work just fine. Too bad your not in CO, I have the ECU you need...

Keep us updated!
jumper was bad but we used my buddies hondata jumper which we know works and we tried his hondata s300 did same thing and my obd1 ecu works in my buddies integra and in my buddies b16a2 so gonna go 2 the wreaker

EKHatchB18B1

lol i know sig is junk ill fix it... but the prob was it didnt like the obd1....threw a obd2b teg ecu in there and ran like a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.