Bard JDM GsR...WTF!!!

graffbc

5+ Year Member
wow so today i was down in SD "san diego" and im lost as hell cause the navi wasnt working, so im looking around trying to find this place im looking for and out of nowhere comes this cops...hes driving in the on coming traffic lane and i knew he was going to pull me over but maybe just for my front license plate being as i dont have one in all. so i get popped and im lost in bum f**k National City with a cop with red and blues behind me. he says "son did you know your cars really low"...i tried not to laugh and said "really?...didnt know that" he said "do you have any other mods?" i told him i had a swapped motor and he asked me if he could see it...i replied "do i have a choice?" he said no and i told him that he could see the BAR paperwork also and he said "wow, you got it BARD?" (faggot ass cops) he was looking around in my motor bay for alteast 30 mins. it was like he was digging for oil or trying to find some kinda lost treasure. after not finding anything he started checking ALL of my VINs...i mean ALL! after not being able to find any "stolen" parts he got kinda mad that he couldnt put anything on me so he popped my hood yet again and said hey why is this hose disconnected? i had no idea why and so he wrote me up for some emissions s**t and told me that my BARD JDM motor was illegal and that they dont allow them in california. i told him i knew that but they didnt make them illegal or not allowed until like august 08 i think. he said i could have put a JDM motor in my car after it got BARD...if hes going to throw s**t like that in my face why did i even get my s**t BARD? if thats the case anybody cause get a motor swapped..BARD and then swap it again. i dont understand the point of having to get something bard if they are just going to say that my bard sticker doesnt count for s**t. i honestly wanted to slap the s**t out of the cop! f**k national city and there PD! FAGGOTS!!!!!!!!!

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm...wtf is "BARD"? Excuse me if that's a n00b question lol

Sux that the cop was a d**k....

graffbc

5+ Year Member
BARD is what you have to do if you get a motor swap in california. its the state ref. its pretty much a smog check but 10X worse. your cars most has to pass with flying colors or they pretty much fail you and tell you to fix it and come back again. i remember that one time i went and a hose was lose and came disconnected while we were looking at the motor and he said even though i saw it come off i still have to fail you cause its disconnected...its retarded but once you get your motor all certifided its like the best feeling in the world. you get pulled over and the cops are like "oh s**t cant f**k with him...hes BARD" hahaha!

whoknows1012

Haha in Oh cops don't do s**t like that. I dont get california's deal with modding cars?Just don't understand it.

graffbc

5+ Year Member
Haha in Oh cops don't do s**t like that. I dont get california's deal with modding cars?Just don't understand it.
thats why i cant wait to move out of here...california has the worst emissions laws in the whole US. it sucks you pretty much cant drive anything here unless it has a Pirus motor in it.

graffbc

5+ Year Member
maybe? i dont have one and i dont kow anyone who does. would love to get like 60 mpg though

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That cop straight up BS'd you about your legal swap not being legit. MOST city cops [ PD ] wouldnt know s**t to look for or understand whats what. All they truly look for is if something isnt OEM and they'll give you a hard time about it until you rub the carb papers in their faces.

Ferio Vi-RS

I Heart BoA!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as soon as i read "San Diego..... Chula Vista" i knew this wasn't gonna be a happy story lol. my hommies eg was impounded and crushed.... gotta love chula vista, reason i stay my ass out of the area.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only reason why cars get crushed is due to owner not being able to come to the pound and reclaim their vehicle on time or was found to have stolen parts.

Ferio Vi-RS

I Heart BoA!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it was impounded due to it being a RHD converted car. and it got impounded wednsday night.... he got deployed friday morning... so he couldn't get anything done.

i don't feel sorry for the guy cuz he never took the time to check out the car, vins, and parts before he bought it.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And I thought NYPDs Autocrime was a pain in the ass.

Only advice I have is to fight it.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol sucks dude....what can I say....I love being stock. =)

civic0918

Registered VIP
cali sounds hard on modding cars. In pa the only thing they really get you for is that your front bumper has to be a certain height. Not to bad on emissions.

lilROOKZ

EJh8ONIT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeh i wouldnt pass no emisions test with my car lol thnk god im in the midwest

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn that sucks haha, the cop got madddd that he couldnt get you for anything.