Been awhile, winter build up in process (Lots of big pics)

EM1FTW

5+ Year Member
i vote oem or c-west for sure!
im not a huge fan of the BYS bumper.

i was before everyone and their dog started rocking them, now im just sick of looking at them.

your car was the first coupe i ever saw with a cwest bumper!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha thanks brotha!
I like to have different setups, especially here in CO. The OE look is my wintertime setup, C-West is my summer, and I need something else! lol

But yeah, as you and I both said, they're played out like WHOA...which sucks ass.

Thanks for the input :thumbs up

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went and took a few more pics, sorry the car is very dirty but it is my DD afterall =)

The bumper needs a few more coats of silver, its looking a little darkish/gray rather than VSM..and it does sag in places, but that will be fixed here soon. Promise! haha

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love your car

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Agreed, a few more coats of silver and youll be all set. im painting mine this week when i get a day off. what are you gunna put like 2 more coats of vsm and 1 or 2 of clear?

EDIT: fender came out reeeal nice

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha thanks guys :lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking 2 more coats of silver, and 1 or 2 of clear like you said. I guess after it fully dried it looks more like my primer, so obviously I didnt do a great job on that lol.

But thanks! I still need to wetsand the fender to get it to shine, but it came out better than I expected. Thanks guys :thumbs up

Edit: Forgot 1 pic to show off the bling haha

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha thanks guys :thumbs up
I wetsanded the front end, on the clear coat. I used 800 grit, then 1000

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll get some soon. Since my passenger side frame rail is a tad bent, the support doesnt align right, so the bumper fits like ass. But once i get it all straightened out, I'll snap some pics!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know if I asked already in this thread but how was the rear fog light install? Did you have to cut / drill the rear beam behind the bumper? I REALLY want one but am hesitant to get it because I've never seen a DIY and don't know if it includes having to cut into that rear beam... And which one did you buy? I know JDMLand has the hole kit (except for wiring) that I'd buy.

Otherwise, it looks good. I'll agree with Evan on page 1 that I don't really see a theme going on, just a ton of parts slapped on, but it doesn't look bad IMHO.

6thGenFerio845

5+ Year Member
i f**kINNNNN HATEEEE when people paint the rims with the tires mounted and get paint on the tires. im sorry but it looks soooo shitty car looks decent though.. just clean it up.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys.
I did have to cut out the bumper beam for the rear fog, but it wasnt too bad. The one I got is from JDMland.com also.

As far as the theme, I dont really have a theme lol. Most of the s**t on the car is J's Racing, but then again I like having parts most people dont have, or whatever you would like to call it. I'm not a fan of most Mugen or Spoon exterior parts, (everywhere I see, I see those..) so I'm trying to do something different. It might seem a bit cluttered to most, but I like it. And keep in mind it still is being built so it may look shitty for awhile lol.

And 6th gen, I know how you feel. I got too lazy, and went ahead and painted them. I'm not too worried, because I will be getting new tires soon. The ones on the car are too beefy for my likings, so they will be gone soon.

And thanks everyone for your input!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeaaaaaaaa
Wide ass mother f**kers

They're 245/45/16's..but, you would think 45 series wouldnt be very tall, but yeaaa...they are! I had to roll my s**t more and raise it...and I still was rubbing. The fronts are okay, but the rears rub on the inside of the well. too tall and too wide...BOO!!!!!!

Theres a pic...They're 16X7.5 Kosei K-1 ultralight rims.

I'm still pretty pissed about the whole situation, but, I'll probably be picking up tires tomorrow. What should I go for? I was thinking 225/40/16s...give me some ideas on a smaller walled tire I can run on my 16's without the HUGE pricetag..

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are some meaty tires lol. I like the kosei's though, good luck finding smaller tires.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I dont need to find any, I just need to know what size to run haha. When I bought those tires I didnt know they would be that beefy for 45 series. Oh well....I'm a tire n00b :lol: