BEST coilover setup under 1k

Rickdaddy

awwwwwh snaps
eBay is an auction website. They don't make parts. There is no "eBay brand" coilovers. I am assuming you are referring to the $80 knock off ones.

Comparing Function & Form to cheap knock off $80 coils is laughable.

To be honest, I would put the reputation of the company and the reviews of the customers over a conspiracy theory rant like yours. There are MANY MANY positive reviews on their products and the amount is growing by the day.

The picture you posted doesn't prove a thing. For all we know the car could have been driven off a cliff and that is how it looked when it settled. Perhaps the owner was driving recklessly and slammed it into a curb. There are no provided details, nor is there a name brand that is given.

It's not really laughable because they're practically rebranded products of ksport/megans/bc/etc, but if you're fine with cheaply made products then by all means rock em to your heart's content.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
many parts can be manufactured in the same country/building or whatever and still be made with different pieces in different ways. Buddy Club is by no means a cheap company but they do have certain parts manufactured outside of japan...and buddy club wins events with their setups.

Ive seen D2/ksport/ and function and form all make several revisions to their products so they all at least improve upon whatever they have originally came out with.

the cheapest suspension for height that ive used was Tein s-tech springs and even though they were smooth, stock shocks made for an undesirable ride. So a cheap sleeve type coil with nothing else would be just as lame, if not worse.

suspension works in harmony, if you go cheap, install incorrectly, or use as unintended it will result in a negative ride. Function and form has proven to be a current cost effective solution that performs well, along with PIC coilovers.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not really laughable because they're practically rebranded products of ksport/megans/bc/etc, but if you're fine with cheaply made products then by all means rock em to your heart's content.
You still haven't proven a thing. Do you have proof to your conspiracy theory? The pic you posted shows nothing of the quality of Function and Form. The pic you posted doesn't even have a brand name on it.

All you keep saying is how they are cheap made parts yet for almost half the price of your Teins they have the same success rate.

I have yet to find an unhappy customer for Function and Form and it seems that EVERY person that has run them are completely satisfied.

Again where is your proof that they are cheaply made? "Practically rebranded ksport" is not the same thing as actually rebranded. From what I have researched Function and Form goes into a LOT of testing and research for their products and aren't just a company that takes a product and slaps a different sticker on them.

stateofjustin

Last time I checked H&R makes suspension components for million plus dollar race cars, not to mention $200K plus street cars. I don't think I've ever seen 'Function and Form' on a GT1 car or a raced 911 before.

How about Bilstein?

You get what you pay for most of the time. If the F&F stuff is good, ride it. I'll stick to the big guns myself.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last time I checked H&R makes suspension components for million plus dollar race cars, not to mention $200K plus street cars. I don't think I've ever seen 'Function and Form' on a GT1 car or a raced 911 before.

How about Bilstein?

You get what you pay for most of the time. If the F&F stuff is good, ride it. I'll stick to the big guns myself.
best coilover setup upder 1k.............that was the title of the thread. Not "the best "big gun" suspension available" consider the OP's question then contribute.

dufflbagitagain

Do the function and forms like most people are saying. What ever you do avoid the tokico hpk sale, not very happy with cutting myself short and not going all the way to atleast the function and form. Who was it on page one of this thread "buyers remorse" at the same time got desperate and had to get something with the mula I had. If I could go back and had the little bit extra cash at the time thats what I would have done. Then again I'm sure it does depend on what your after.