5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Get you a nice 1/8" steel skid plate.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Fairly simple solution actually to keep things from getting smashed. First i'd like to add that keeping your oil pan intact is probly more important than a lowered car, but your choice. Anyhow, make a belly pan/gaurd. Im not entirely familiar with your civic but there is a subframe and transmission brace right? Use them as the anchor points and just make a pan so you scrape over stuff rather than punch holes in your car. Your headers are only half your problem, that oil pan looks beat. Ripping it off your block wont be a fun repair. So make a plate and cut a hole in it for the oil and trans drains, take your oil filter out the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm already working on an oil pan project, but I'm sure it would get flagged/shut down on here so I probably won't post about it. On the other hand there really isn't a subframe and transmission brace, not for this generation. The closest brace I found is an H brace but it sits a bit behind the oil pan.

Get you a nice 1/8" steel skid plate.
I've been trying to design one for a bit actually and haven't figure out yet how to mount it on the backside (towards the rear end of the car).

Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
but you gotta remember you et what you pay for yea the bisimoto are 500+ but trust me you'll spend that 500$ and i garantee you'll you won't have a problem with it and won't have to ever by new one after destroying your old one

pan is steel so you can just cut and make a new bottom half out of sheet of steel i plan to do this with my, its a must for me having a f/h in the car my pan sits way lower then d and b series at stock ride height, i have 2 finger gap from the ground to the bottom of my oil pan

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
pan is steel so you can just cut and make a new bottom half out of sheet of steel i plan to do this with my, its a must for me having a f/h in the car my pan sits way lower then d and b series at stock ride height, i have 2 finger gap from the ground to the bottom of my oil pan
I'm either shortening the oil pan, welding a thick steel plate to the bottom, or both lol. I'm currently working on designing everything before I get it done.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
you could base your design off moroso oil pan

this would be a good time to make a baffle and trap doors in the oil pan

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
sort off.....also you have to shorten your oil pickup tube also they go in hand with the pan size, moroso usually comes with a new oil pick up tube to go with it the pan since their pan is much shorter then stock one. the inside under the the baffle plate has dividers and a spring loaded door on one of the dividers inside this one doesn't seem to have that but has the baffle welded in

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
sort off.....also you have to shorten your oil pickup tube also they go in hand with the pan size, moroso usually comes with a new oil pick up tube to go with it the pan since their pan is much shorter then stock one. the inside under the the baffle plate has dividers and a spring loaded door on one of the dividers inside this one doesn't seem to have that but has the baffle welded in
Moroso doesn't make them for D16ss though? I haven't found em online.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Moroso doesn't make them for D16ss though? I haven't found em online.
well that sucks, since your making your own why not.... i just don't feel like spending 350$ for one and my buddy has a mig welder so i can just make my much much shorter and wider

out 1/8" thin steel

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Anyone know if there is a shorter D series oil pickup that are interchangeable with D16Y7?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
It would have to be custom or modify stock one the depth of the tube needs to shorter to be more precise

Or maybe modify b series moroso pick up tube?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
That's on their dry sump designs. I have the standard Moroso wet sump with baffle and it's the same depth as the OE oil pan. No aftermarket pickup is required.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
That's on their dry sump designs. I have the standard Moroso wet sump with baffle and it's the same depth as the OE oil pan. No aftermarket pickup is required.
i'm sure its still wet sump, dry sump setup have external oil container and external oil pump separate from the motor. same stock size and dimension is not what op wants in case you didn't read everything... you can't shorten the oil pan height without shorten the pick up tube period no if or buts, oe usually already have them placed as close to the bottom of the pan to minimize any chance of getting a slight oil starvation when the car goes around the corner. also moroso makes shorter pan also as well as 7 quart oil pans.

Now tempted to see if a D15 oil pickup would fit..
you could try it out to see if it fits