Best Place to buy HID's

mcnabb_nfl

5+ Year Member
Where is the best place to buy good quality HID's??? I've heard DDMtuning and VVME, are any of these good? Where would you reccomend getting them? lookin for 4300k-5000k for my 99 Coupe

2088 MSP

i'll second DDMTuning. same price as the ebay kits, but lifetime warranty!

DaOne

X3 Yeah I've bought from ddmtunning. its been a year and still working fine =]

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1 on DDM

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DDM ive heard is good. mine came with my headlights though

Vitaliy93

bought from ddm as well. Still haven't installed them yet but hey, whats the rush? If something doesn't work, they just send you a new one, LIFETIME WARRANTY!!

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DDM tuning because there the cheapest anywhere for PNP kits the quality is ok but what do you expect for that price.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't get HID's unless you have retrofitted projector headlights. You're just going to blind people in front of you

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't get HID's unless you have retrofitted projector headlights. You're just going to blind people in front of you
nobody cares. i love blinding people, its my way of getting back at them for people riding my ass all the time and dinging my doors up and not letting me out ect.

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
False. If you get the proper bulbs with the shield on them, you'll have the same cutoff as halogens (in 6th gen headlights at least). The DDM H4 high/low bulbs have this shield. I've yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic in the past 2 years that I've been running HIDs.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
helps to poin them down some too. Ive never been flashed either

BonyCatfish

nobody cares. i love blinding people, its my way of getting back at them for people riding my ass all the time and dinging my doors up and not letting me out ect.
Word. My HIDs won't blind people like the a*****e truckers with lights raised up to my rear windshield from their useless lift kits to all the rocks we have here in flat Kansas.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
worse than that, some of the 18 wheelers with hid's. those freaken blind.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ddmtuning....REAL quality and REALLY cheap.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can't beat DDM; my brother (iBeast) still rocks a set from them and they hold up great. I'm about to buy a second pair for my fogs, and they'll come from DDM.

YMCBOSS

i got my hid from ebay just look for the seller with life time warranty... i got hid for my truck and bike

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you get the proper bulbs with the shield on them, you'll have the same cutoff as halogens (in 6th gen headlights at least). The DDM H4 high/low bulbs have this shield. I've yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic in the past 2 years that I've been running HIDs.
As a follow up, I figured I'd post a quick shot of the cutoff I have with my 6000k DDM high/low bulbs in stock housings. Both dip on the left for oncoming traffic, but slant upwards on the right to light up signs and whatnot. Also, the output is very wide on the road, though it may not look like it here because I was parked close to my garage door.

This is a phone picture so it's overexposed, but you can get the idea. The yellow towards the bottom is from my fogs.