Best Place to buy HID's

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes you should get a wire harness.

sadivysam

i got 9006's from a website called hidnation.com.. I installed them in my 08 civic nd there good havent had any issue with them...

ruin

I got mine from www.hidvault.com . They have free shipping, lifetime warranty AND include the 'wiring harness' (it's actually a relay). I was fixing the intake on my car a while back and accidentally sliced one of the wires (i was dumb for not paying attention) and they sent me a new one free of charge! even though it was 100% my fault. I'll vouch for these guys any day.

oguin_studking

Just bought a kit from DDM 2 weeks ago...They got to me in 1 week & installed them the day they came in. Worked for 2 days & they crapped out on me in a rain-storm one night. I've contacted them and they still haven't responded. I've installed quite a few HID kit's. I've never installed a HID kit that would fry itself before blowing the inline fuse. Not impressed, at all.

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ddm is gay after two months my hi low kit shuts off intermittently and I'm paying to s**t it there and back for nothing

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the site sponsor "meng motorsports" has em, good people, good stuff,

BonyCatfish

I've heard more good things about ddm than anywhere else, but I am hesitant from all the blue/purple hid lights I see, and I can't find the ones I used to look at on the website.. I understand a little blue tint, but if my lights aren't mostly "cool white" I am going to be annoyed. I probably would have figured out my solution already, but they say the color will change not only depending on what they are rated to look like, but also depending on the wiring harness wattage. Is anyone getting the Acura TL hid light color, and if so, what is your wattage and bulb rating?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man I got mine for my DD SUV from Xentec on Ebay..... Had them a few months now, ZERO issues....

37 bucks SHIPPED!

2 yr warranty...

DDM tuning is an option but I read to many problems with them going out. I got the idea of Xentec from a guy here in CO that had some for 2 yrs in his fogs with no issues.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would 10k blue be too much. I personally don't want to blind people.
10K has nothing to do with how bright they are. That is the color and the amount of usable light they put out. The wattage determines how bright they actually are. If you don't do a retrofit to proper housings, you WILL blind people no matter what wattage you go with.

Same here can't see them
Can't see what?

blue888

10K has nothing to do with how bright they are. That is the color and the amount of usable light they put out. The wattage determines how bright they actually are. If you don't do a retrofit to proper housings, you WILL blind people no matter what wattage you go with.

Can't see what?

how do you go about retrofitting it to proper housings? And by I cant see is on DDM
website I dont see the HD kits for the civic(2001)

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't really help you on the retrofit as I haven't personally done it. I have read quite a few how to's on them though. Google is your best friend when it comes to something like this. I don't know if there is one on here, but I think there is a couple on H-T.

I worded it wrong as well. What I meant is to retrofit proper projectors (audi, acura, ect) into your stock headlight housings. There is a good place to buy projectors and shrouds called the retrofit source. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?osCsid=kmdsnc5b4g39gh4co274ig65r0t0a6s1 I haven't actually used them but some of the how to's mention them. They look to have some kits already put together so you don't have to piece an acura or other kit.

I don't think ddm has them labeled by car make/model. They sell them by bulb type. You are a 9003 right? That is the same as an H4.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Can't really help you on the retrofit as I haven't personally done it. I have read quite a few how to's on them though. Google is your best friend when it comes to something like this. I don't know if there is one on here, but I think there is a couple on H-T.

I worded it wrong as well. What I meant is to retrofit proper projectors (audi, acura, ect) into your stock headlight housings. There is a good place to buy projectors and shrouds called the retrofit source. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?osCsid=kmdsnc5b4g39gh4co274ig65r0t0a6s1 I haven't actually used them but some of the how to's mention them. They look to have some kits already put together so you don't have to piece an acura or other kit.

I don't think ddm has them labeled by car make/model. They sell them by bulb type. You are a 9003 right? That is the same as an H4.
What he said about theretrofitsource. Click my sig for more info about the kits, and my DIY.