Blackworks fail..

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Taken from another forum...

Whats going on everyone, just want to give everyone a heads up before it happens to anyone else. before i start let me give everyone how i got into this company. http://www.bwrusa.com/Default.asp i went into a local performance shop looking for a coil-over system for my daily driver (RSX). they were the new "hot item" and the system was dirt cheap. the owner (a friend of mine) had a good rep and told me this kit was "solid". Reading up on coilover systems before i purchase any, it seemed they were all made from the same manufacture but branded differently. Knowing i was using this car for daily driven purposes, i was in! Opened the box and they look well made but boy i was in for a surprise!! I have installed countless of coil over system installation was a breeze! a year after installed well i would let the pictures speak for themselves....

yea scary huh? i don't know who i have to thank i was just pulling into my driveway that day but what would have happened on the highway? busy street doing 20 m.p.h?? i was a lucky man i was just going 1 m.p.h.. being furious at this point i called the company urgently, and they told me to send pictures. they said they will report back to me as soon as they receive them, i had to call numerous times to talk to the manager. the sales rep was a cool guy but that company is a fu*ckery! i expedited the coil over back to the company and they received it on November 21. its December 20th and ask me if they even called me or emailed to tell me the coilover is on its way? NO!!!! i just called them and they simply told me "Sir we don't have the part to fix it, when we receive it from (China??) we will send it back". All this time i have been renting a car and my bill has surpassed $800! by this point i don't want to do anything with this company. i don't want to spend any time or money in this B.S company and i hope their company fails! i wish i had the time and monies to sue there company to the fullest extent! i hope people learned from me and don't buy anything from this company..
This company really isn't making itself look so hot, esp on that forum. There was another thread that had a discussion about Blackworks products and a representative of the company chimed in. Ended up making an ass out of himself and made the company look even worse.

Having a shock leak on you in little time is one thing.

Having a shock/strut completely FAIL on you putting your life or others in danger is another... On top of that, the customer serivce from what this guy says sounds pretty crappy to me, which makes things even worse. If the company is not willing to investigate and take this matter seriously, then that really makes me question the integrity and ethics of the company as a whole including their products.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Who is to say the guy didnt do damage before. Customer service thing doesnt sound good but people f**k up. Just a thought

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
who knows what this f**ktard did before he pulled into his drive.

Dnguyen92

Thank god that didn't happen on the freeway. Some what same thing happened to me, but thank god I was in a parking lot just went over a speed bump. Who ever I got my old eg from didn't do such a hot job with work underneath the car. I'll let these pictures speak for itself.

I guess my axle was the thing that came out? Pretty scary tho because my car just f**king dropped when i made a turn around the corner. lol couldnt help but make jokes because I had a free fender roll right then and there. The previous owner didn't have the snap ring so we improvised and used a bobby pin on the castle nut...

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How could you possibly damage that part during installation?? Dropping it or even hitting it with a BFH wouldn't cause that kind of failure....

That is the arm off the strut that connects to the outter tie rod of the steering rack. Even if this guy were to get into a serious accident, that should not and most likely would not happen with an OEM strut.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks more llke poor material quality rather than poor craftsmanship. And if thats the brake line being held on by a zip tie, well thats freakin ghettto. Another reason im glad i went with koni yellow struts instead of a cheap coilover setup.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For these applications ('01+ Civic/RSX), Koni uses inserts in the OE Strut body. You would NEVER have this issue with a Koni setup simply because it uses the original strut body. IF something like this were to happen, it would fall on Honda/Acura and not on Koni.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks more llke poor material quality rather than poor craftsmanship. And if thats the brake line being held on by a zip tie, well thats freakin ghettto. Another reason im glad i went with koni yellow struts instead of a cheap coilover setup.
Poor material quality falls on the engineers of Blackworks. I know how some of these companies work. There may be an engineer or a few engineers that are basically the company(in this case BWR), they create the designs and send the designs and specs to some manufacturer. The fact that these manufacturers are outsourced really isn't the issue. They can build some great products of in China, Taiwan or w/e. Hell we get a vast majority of products both in and outside of motorsports from those countries/manufacturers and they work well. The problem lies within the engineers design and the materials THEY send to the manufacturers to use. If the engineer does not know the right material to use for the job and doesn't understand it's limitations and how/why they work, then of course the product is doom for failure at some point.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
geez, those were probably made out of lead.

:thumbdown: Blackworks.

Too many up and coming companies out there JUST looking to make money off the consumer. Cheap Labor only benifits the Owners of the companies. Everyone else get's f***ed over. and if its not being made in China, and its being made in USA., that's an embarrassment,

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm glad I didn't cheap out on suspension. Granted skunk2 LCA's and Tokico shocks aren't anything to brag about but I have taken my car to it's limits and beaten the absolute piss out of them in turns and they have held up for the past 3 years.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would be nice to see some sort of response to this from Blackworks seeing as they have an ad on the front page of this site.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The problem lies within the engineers design and the materials THEY send to the manufacturers to use. If the engineer does not know the right material to use for the job and doesn't understand it's limitations and how/why they work, then of course the product is doom for failure at some point.
The real problems lies within the saying, you get what you paid for. This coil-over kit was dirt cheap the Rsx Over said.

The product cost nothing, so you get a product that Cost nothing.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell we get a vast majority of products both in and outside of motorsports from those countries/manufacturers and they work well.
Cheap labor.

1. destroys kids in China
2. destroys potention jobs in USA

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
How are cheap materials and cheap design separable? Or even if they were, how is that a solid logical argument supporting this clearly mediocre and unsafe product?

I'm baffled at the number of posts defending this garbage suspension.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever happened to this?

The Skunk2 knockoff comment above is funny now considering what has transpired in the last few days.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
X3 and the fact that people think brands like function form, D2, Ksport, Megan are any better than these. It's all the same s**t.