Blown D17A2; Going for Crazy SWAP!

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a difference between fabrication and back yard cobble jobs...I do an enormous amount of fabrication work, and ive seen s**t that was "fabricated"....s**t looked like my 6 month old threw it together. Fabrication isn't just making something....its making it, but understanding the physics behind what it had to do or go through structurally and/or thermally. if your gonna fab something make it last, not hmm this should do s**t.

A g23 swap or build...ive read bout this years ago. I think it would be better if you stuck with the h22,, sleeved the block and used a crower Stroker kit...bump it to 2.5 liters

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A g23 swap or build...ive read bout this years ago. I think it would be better if you stuck with the h22,, sleeved the block and used a crower Stroker kit...bump it to 2.5 liters
FRM cylinder walls.....there goes your stroked motor

this is one swap that will have to wait but I have even asked the pro's from Honda Tuning, Hybrid Racing, and Inline Pro. they all told me the same thing. NEVER HEARD OF, GOOD LUCK. Inline even tried to make a sale when Im not sure on anything. Well Im going to wait and do some more research Ive found one trail of this unheard of swap but its in another language. go figure :/ But anyways one of the issues that everyone is saying is the fabrication its not the problem of making something and/or building stuff to make it work a big problem for me would be the wiring and elecrical work. That is a completly different animal for me lol. Like I said if anybody comes across some info please, Show and Tell. Thanks again!!
Nobody has heard of it because of what I mentioned. Look at the F20C or F22C motor and trans layout even with a F2K setup, and then look at your steering components. How do you plan to go about solving that issue? You'll be fabbing up more than just mounts and brackets. Not saying it's impossible, but this is almost a build completely made from scratch

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
f**k that g23

I would say if you actually have the skill to do the F swap do it, imagine the potential you have out of the box with that f20 compared to the g23 bottom end.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
87-90 max lol. You do know the k24 stock specs right? Its like bulging a b16 to be an itr that lacks in stroke.
I think the OP should table the f20 project or just go k. Just my opinion. Other options have to be nearly completely built just to be at or slightly better than the f22/f20 or k24 starting point. It would be a lot of money invested (due to the chassis its going in) that wouldn't be justified in performance.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
87-90 max lol. You do know the k24 stock specs right? Its like bulging a b16 to be an itr that lacks in stroke.
I think the OP should table the f20 project or just go k. Just my opinion. Other options have to be nearly completely built just to be at or slightly better than the f22/f20 or k24 starting point. It would be a lot of money invested (due to the chassis its going in) that wouldn't be justified in performance.
i still would prefect a G23 over a k24. for cost reasons. the 2009 quote on that thread was $1800 for 200hp.

but. then this is for a 7th gen and in a few states you can't swap in a engine older than the car. so this might not work.

OR

you could just get a different car one that maybe doesn't look like a 7th gen ;) the 6th gen has aged much better than them.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ i agree about the 6th gens and there is much more aftermarket support for them
im a little biased though since i rock a 6th gen now lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That cost for that G23 build was so low because of the internet shopping for parts. That's always going to vary. Although it probably would still be cheaper in the long run since it's an older platform.