brake pedal goes to the floor????

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
alright i will have to take a look at that tomorrow while i have the rear tires off before i start bleeding them so im not wasting fluid just to find out that there no good and have to replace them and once again re bleed the lines lol thanks

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
lol such generous people i love this website!!! i will be sure to let u guys know the outcome of my aggrivating situation!!

RonJ

Banned
...when i bled them i went RR RL FR FL cause thats how everyone ive talked to said to do it from mechanics to auto part workers.
Bleed sequence varies by car. I posted the proper sequence for your Civic.

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
alright thanks a bunch i will deff do it the way u posted the sequence and hopefully that will be the trick if it isnt the WC thanks to everyone once again!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's one of your drum cylinders in your rear brakes. bet...

this is you problem, I'm almost sure of it. You won't see fluid when you remove the drum but bad cylinders can let air in your lines as well.

you can figure out wich drum is bad by pinching the line before the wheel/drum. when you pinch the line with the drum leak your pedal well stiffen up when you push down.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is you problem, I'm almost sure of it. You won't see fluid when you remove the drum but bad cylinders can let air in your lines as well.

you can figure out wich drum is bad by pinching the line before the wheel/drum. when you pinch the line with the drum leak your pedal well stiffen up when you push down.
I'll have to disagree with you Biz. If the wheel cylinder can suck air in, theres is more then enough pressure to push fluid out.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll have to disagree with you Biz. If the wheel cylinder can suck air in, theres is more then enough pressure to push fluid out.
nope...

same thing happened to me. Cheched for leaks first, then checked my drums but they were clean. Replaced rotors and pads but still, my brake pedal was going to the floor so I changed the master cylinder. Nothing still so I pinched the lines and that's when I found the bad rear cylinder. The rear brakes were spotless and air was coming in. No sinds of a leak whatsoever untill I pinched the lines.

so f**k you :lol:

RonJ

Banned
In my opinion, if there are no visible brake fluid leaks at any wheels, then start by thoroughly bleeding the hydraulic system from all four wheels in the proper sequence.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep in mind, I did all this ^^^ before removing the drum. The drums can be kind of a b***h to remove.

RonJ

Banned
keep in mind, I did all this ^^^ before removing the drum. The drums can be kind of a b***h to remove.
I don't doubt this^^^ happened to you. I just think the OP should properly and thoroughly bleed the brakes before taking this next leap.

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
well i want to thank everyone for posting there opinion im gonna take the drums apart and if i see now brake fluid then i will try bleeding the brakes again and do it thoroughly and if that doesnt work and worse comes to worse ill replace the rear cylinders for the hell of it thanks everyone will be going out in a few hours to start working on it again

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
yay!!!! went out and beld the brakes and the brakes work again!!! wasnt the WC brakes are good now and i cant drive the car around! but will soon replace the rear drums and shoes and probably the WC so that then i have no more brake problems thanks to everyone for helping me out!