Building the system

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WELL I KNOW JACK ABOUT BUILDING A DECENT SYSTEM. I WOULD LIKE SUBWOOFERS THAT CAN HIT THE HARDEST OF THE HARD. I WAS TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN THE JL AUDIO W7 AND THE KICKER L7. ANY SUGGUESTIONS ON WHICH TO GET OR NEITHER? ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANY DECENT AMPS?

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well you know more than you think evidentally.... def. go with the JL w7 vers. 2's ive heard both in the same kinda of car and the JL is louder....get two of the JLs and a JL 600 watt amp and youll be shoving like crazy

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you know of anywhere that I can get a fair price on the w7's and the amp? Thanx for the help!

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok some advice, we will read your threads even if it isnt in caps lock, they are very annoying.....also get some kickers yo, or some fosgates HE2, thos things hit HARD. if memory serves me correct the rms of those is like 450 or so and peak like 600(once again may be wrong, just working off top of my head) combined by two, your goona need a approx 1000 watt amp....now in order to also beuild a good system, you need a head unit...now all head units arent the same believe me. by the way your talking its going to cost you about 1500-2000 dollars to get the performance youre looking for....my friend payed 1000 dollars just the speakers and a crappy amp, from an audio place here.....
and also, is this in the wrong forum??? shouldnt it go in the audio??

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
naw dude if you wanna bump hard then go wit the JL w7's, ive heard they are supose to be the s**t. Dont get kickers, if you get kicker get the speakers not the subs.

Yes and dont post with caps

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a 1200 watt amp 600 is too low and i know sum1 that blew his 600 amp with 2 subs

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya its possible but my amp cant handle my fosgates but they are ok!

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you always want to have a bit more amp power than sub power. when you really crank it up with an underpowered amp, it begins to "clip" where it sends massive distortion in the form of extremely high amp waves. this causes the subs (or speakers) to blow in short order, while slightly exceeding a subs rms power with a larger amp is far less damaging. i think you overestimate exactly how much bass you really want. if you want any semblance of sound quality, you can only have so much bass before its not music anymore, its just bass. i have 2 fosgate he2's, and i have to keep them turned down so it doesnt drown out the rest of the music. if your talking about pushing the kinda power your looking at, you are going to need not only to upgrade your deck and interior speakers, but your gonna need (amongst other things)- lots of dynamat or other sound dampner for at least the trunk, probably the doors too, a custom box, heavy gauge wiring, a deep cycle battery, a more powerful alternator, at least 1 or 2 farad capacitators, etc. that stuff adds up real fast, im guessing at least a grand or two (depending on how much the custom box is, most pre built boxes cant handle a sub that large, and how much the rest of the installation is if you dont do it yourself) just for the accessories, not the actual audio equipment. add that in, and your talkin 3-4 grand when all is said and done.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like Fosgates, those fookers can hit like mofos if you feed em enough power, the punch series are good... but if u can afford the Power series... OMFG some serious bass!!! like knock sh!t off the wall hard... nice stuff

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would go with kicker. the JL W7 costs like $1500. the solobaric L7 can be bought for around $180. you can get like 10 solobarics for the price of one W7. so if i were u i would do like 4 15inch solobarics and you should run about 600 watts to each. that will smash a W7.

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually my friend just got a 12inch solobaric L7 and is running a 200watt rockford amp and it hits just about the same as a W7 would be, not quite but close enough for the money.

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
crutchfield doesnt sell JL products but ya they have basically everything u need but so does ebay for way cheaper. crutchfield is kinda expensive but u can rely on them and u know u r getting what u ordered and they probably have good garuntees.

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civicWAY2FAST4U
i would go with kicker. the JL W7 costs like $1500. the solobaric L7 can be bought for around $180. you can get like 10 solobarics for the price of one W7. so if i were u i would do like 4 15inch solobarics and you should run about 600 watts to each. that will smash a W7.
No because i think w7's kick the kickers ass.... :no: :nono:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicWAY2FAST4U - i hope that was sarcasm on the price of the W7

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tell me... why the hell do you need a 10000 watt sub? my two subs hit at a combined 800 and that s**t is crazy enough.

civicWAY2FAST4U

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummmm just because a sub can handle 10000 watts doesnt mean u hafta run 10000. but if u take ur combined 800 watts to that it will hit way harder than what u got now. what ims aying is the JL w7 is not worth it. buy the solo x. i have barely seen anybody with it. i would get it befor a w7

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok id really really really like to see this "10,000 watt" sub, is this a public item? or special order? becuase your going to be spending a s**t load of money in amps, alternators, batteries, etc to run that s**t, if 10 000 is peak whats the RMS???