ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Saw this over on another forum so I had to bring it up. What's up with all of the bullying in schools nowadays? Are parents not involved with their kids lives anymore? Schools not stepping in and taking action to stop this s***?

Here is a few vids.

[YOUTUBE="Pink - Perfect (AHMIR Cover)- Anti-Bullying viedo"]gliHyklHr6c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=" Anti-Bully Flashmob"]MhYyAa0VnyY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Tyra Banks Cyber Bullying"]afKhU0ykrCQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Death by Bullies"]ZzQasKcE5ws[/YOUTUBE]

The statistics on bullying and suicide are alarming:

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.
Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University
A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying
10 to 14 year old girls may be at even higher risk for suicide, according to the study above
According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30 percent of students are either bullies or victims of bullying, and 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying

it is what it is... Discuss

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is a problem. The problem is there are many people that value their life more then others. What do I mean by this? What I mean is that random acts of kindness happen but in a rare fashion. I actually helped a customer where I work the other day. I replaced a defective part for her free of cost because it looked like she could use a hand up. The ladies reaction was a great example that she was not shown kindness many times in her life. So what did she say to me after I gave her a $150 part for free? She stopped talking, stared me in the eyes and said, "Why would you do something like this for me?" I simple smiled at her and told her because we value our customers and I walked away. Kindness should be spread to everyone in your life.

emerican

Registered VIP
bullying has probably always been around, but it does seem to be getting worse. the world as a whole is getting worse though to so why shouldnt it. Im not going to point fingers and say its this person or that persons fault alot of things most likely contribute to it. Parents that dont know or dont care what there child does or what happens to there child is one option. A child who is abused at home so he takes it out on the only person more vulnerable then him younger smaller children at school is another. Its surely these things and more situations that contribute to the problem with every problem and every different situation it creats another bully or another vitcim. The schools cant be 100 percent blammed either with staff and budgetting being cut so much. Its sad but they dont have the teachers or the resources to be everywhere all the time so things are going to happen, but a collabrated effort between parents the school the resource officers at the school and the students needs to be reached to really make a dent in the problem. It truely is a sad problem though thats my rant and my opnion dont judge to harsh its 130 in the morning and im a little off my game, but thats what i think.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't think there is anymore bullying going on today then in the past i think parents are just raising there kids to be giant f***ing pussy's.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i don't think there is anymore bullying going on today then in the past i think parents are just raising there kids to be giant f***ing pussy's.
Turn it around.

You're having more and more parents who don't care about their children, aren't part of their lives, or don't want them in their lives, so their children lash out, this is where bullying comes from, at least in my opinion.

Kids aren't growing up to being "giant f**king pussys" it's growing to a point where back before MySpace and Facebook, you'd get it at school, go home didn't have to deal with it, now with MySpace, Facebook and text messages these kids are getting it constantly.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I honestly think it's the parents... Family is one of the most important things kids will have in their life. At the end of the day, they come home and their parent's are there to shelter them, cloth them, and feed them. Kids minds are fragile. They don't know how to survive on their own. They're dependant on their parent's for pretty much everything. Now imagine having shitty ass parent's who don't do jack for you. Would you feel neglected? Would you feel like something is wrong with you and maybe your parent's don't want anything to do with you? I think this is the kind of s**t that goes through kids minds. Bullying has a lot to do with feeling neglected and insecurity. You see that tough kid at school because he wants to make everyone feel he is the man, that he's superior, and you're inferior. But you don't see them when they go home. They might be getting abused, thrown out of the house, watching their parent's fight and hit each other....

Parent's seriously need to do a better job at raising their kids. Like I said, family is one of the MOST important things you will have in your life.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most kids were bullied or will be bullied in their life time. There really isn't any way we could stop it. Kills are horrible these days, its the parents and the way they raise their children.

Personally being bullied is the reason I became so devious myself :twisted: I would let them do what they wanted, act like there was nothing I could do, then I would hit them back covertly, cia style, lol. They wouldn't know it was me, but still, got them back anyways. Not gonna go into details too much on what I did, but just know it involved a 600fps CO2 BB gun and copper BBs as my preference (they just seem to fly better, and they didn't give lead poisoning like the other ones, lol)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In my experience, it's always been around. I'm just thinking maybe you guys weren't the type to be bullied? Whenever I went to a new school, be it elementary, middle, or high school people would f*** with me in the beginning. I've always been a short, scrawny guy, then a kid. People tend to think they can push this type of person around, and generally they're right. I always had to "earn my respect", which usually meant waiting until somebody pushed me too far and then knocking them on their ass. I learned to fight in 3rd grade and until I got into that first fight with a new group of people, there was always that one or two who wanted to "bully" me.

Hell, this even happened in Boy Scouts. There was this tall kid, David Deporter, I remember his name. He used to love to literally push me and laugh, or otherwise bully me. One day he pushed me too hard, I pushed him on the ground, jumped on top and beat the s**t out of his face until the scout leaders pulled me off. Things were different after that, everyone had a newfound respect, but I literally had to fight to fit in.

I'm thinking for you guys who weren't short, scrawny, or otherwise bullyable, maybe you didn't experience it. The news didn't really report on it when we were kids, but it was definitely there. The difference is that the news is looking for stories on bullying, making it seem more prominent. Since you didn't experience it in school, seeing it on the news makes it seem like its worse these days. I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

emerican

Registered VIP
I agree with joey im not short but ive always been super skinny so people used to think they could do it to me as well. I didnt wait for somebody to push me to far though i just hit the first person that did it after that nobody else did. I been fighting since elementry school in and out of school all the way to high school i averaged a few fights a year in school and a good bit outside. The outisde being strangers who had kind of the same mentality weither it be in a bar party whatever oh that kid weighs 140 pounds he aint gonna do s**t so ill just push him outa my way. I may be skinny, but ive gotten pretty good at fighting over the years so i always go for it im not gonna be disrespected like that.
The news however does bring us only the most extreme cases possible, but i think john is correct as well if you have an already uinstable kid for whatever reason then he goes home to parents who dont care and possibly abuse him. Chances are the kid will have more problems and lash out and possibly bully people.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Agreed on all points.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats exactly what im talking about these kids need to grow some balls and fight back if not of course these ashole kids are going to keep bullying them. thats how its always been and alwayswill be.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They should deal with bullies like this:

[YOUTUBE="Baby Zangief"]Divh-QupbPQ[/YOUTUBE]

rob-

Well bullying i get it happens everyday and always will.But to the point where suicide is an option is the parents fault .Your child has to be taught morals and anyone that commits suicide gets to spend eternity in hell.Tho its very sad theres nothing that can and will ever stop this it will only get worse as time goes on there will be 10x better tech gadgets in 5 years.......So if they think its bad now they have seen nothing.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In my experience, it's always been around. I'm just thinking maybe you guys weren't the type to be bullied? Whenever I went to a new school, be it elementary, middle, or high school people would f*** with me in the beginning. I've always been a short, scrawny guy, then a kid. People tend to think they can push this type of person around, and generally they're right. I always had to "earn my respect", which usually meant waiting until somebody pushed me too far and then knocking them on their ass. I learned to fight in 3rd grade and until I got into that first fight with a new group of people, there was always that one or two who wanted to "bully" me.

Hell, this even happened in Boy Scouts. There was this tall kid, David Deporter, I remember his name. He used to love to literally push me and laugh, or otherwise bully me. One day he pushed me too hard, I pushed him on the ground, jumped on top and beat the s*** out of his face until the scout leaders pulled me off. Things were different after that, everyone had a newfound respect, but I literally had to fight to fit in.

I'm thinking for you guys who weren't short, scrawny, or otherwise bullyable, maybe you didn't experience it. The news didn't really report on it when we were kids, but it was definitely there. The difference is that the news is looking for stories on bullying, making it seem more prominent. Since you didn't experience it in school, seeing it on the news makes it seem like its worse these days. I highly doubt it.
You're forgetting I'm asian :lol:. I wasn't really bullied, even though I'm short and asian.

I remember one time in middle school, it was like the beginning of the year and it was my first year in middle school (6th grade) and I was walking by these 2 guys and 1 of them points to me and says, "look at this little shrimp". I didn't think anything of it because I really wasn't bullied.

The problem with bullying is that once kids successfully bully someone and find out they can do it over and over again, they have the mentality of "this kid is going to let me do this and he's not doing anything about it so I can get away it so I'll keep doing it". Just like that video Vic posted and what happened with Joe, bullies need a dose of their own medicine. They need to be shown they can be bullied too.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats exactly what im talking about these kids need to grow some balls and fight back if not of course these ashole kids are going to keep bullying them. thats how its always been and alwayswill be.
They fight back, kid who was bullied and had enough get's suspended. Been there, done that. It doesn't fix anything.

Parents are the same as they've always been, it's new technology that's making bullying more and more dangerous.

When we were kids, we'd go to school, if you got bullied, you'd get it at school, you'd head home, hang with your friends, and that's it. Now with technology, kids that are bullied can get it from the time they wake up to the time they go to sleep. You'd have to cut yourself off from technology to not get it all day.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell yeah!!!, that fat kid is awesome...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're forgetting I'm asian :lol:. I wasn't really bullied, even though I'm short and asian.

I remember one time in middle school, it was like the beginning of the year and it was my first year in middle school (6th grade) and I was walking by these 2 guys and 1 of them points to me and says, "look at this little shrimp". I didn't think anything of it because I really wasn't bullied.

The problem with bullying is that once kids successfully bully someone and find out they can do it over and over again, they have the mentality of "this kid is going to let me do this and he's not doing anything about it so I can get away it so I'll keep doing it". Just like that video Vic posted and what happened with Joe, bullies need a dose of their own medicine. They need to be shown they can be bullied too.
I don't know that the taste of our own medicine routine is really the best case scenario. It's too easy to fight back and then have the other kid pull a gun/ knife on you, especially in inner city communities. Then what did sticking up for yourself do.... get you killed?

I don't think there is a good solution to the problem. The only way to eliminate bullying was if there was no such thing as bad parents or "bad" genetics (pre-disposed toward aggression and dominance). These two things will never be eliminated. That said, I think the best way to handle the situation is A) be a good parent so that your kid doesn't end up being a bully and B) teach your kid how to deal with bullying, to not take it personally, to shake it off as "man that kids an ass" vs. "what's wrong with me?" and to be a good support system overall so that the kid can come home and talk to you about it. If your kid can't talk to you about it, you will never have the opportunity to reassure him/her.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't mean it like you should fight back or badly hurt them. I just don't think telling a bully "you're being a bully and you need to stop" sometimes gets the message across. Bullies get satisfaction out of bullying others. They like feeling superior to others and knowing no one will stand up to them. Sometimes, how else can you get the message across other than by at least standing up for yourself to show you're not scared?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This somewhat.

Turn it around.

You're having more and more parents who don't care about their children, aren't part of their lives, or don't want them in their lives, so their children lash out, this is where bullying comes from, at least in my opinion.

Kids aren't growing up to being "giant f***ing pussys" it's growing to a point where back before MySpace and Facebook, you'd get it at school, go home didn't have to deal with it, now with MySpace, Facebook and text messages these kids are getting it constantly.
WIN. I was bullied alot in school, but at the end of the day I'd go home and cry about it. I'd play, do my homework, practice my instruments, read, ride my bike, etc. Those kid's horrible comments and shoves were at school only. Kids now also sort of ask for it. If you don't like the person or they bully, WTF are they on their FB and Myspace to begin with?!

My issue w/ the parents is they want to be more of a friend than a parent.

Prime example: "When I was a kid I didn't have an XBox, or Wii. I had a bike and a curfew, a.k.a. the street lights. I lived outside, not inside. If I didn't eat what my mom made me then I didn't eat. I didn't dare tell my mom or dad "no" nor talk back. Life wasn't hard, it was life; and I survived. Re-post if you drank water out of a hose...and hand sanitizer didn't exist; but you COULD get your mouth washed out with soap."
I do not like those chain status' but that one is pretty true.

There's no way I could be a parent. I'd go to jail instantly b/c I'd spank my kids and I'll be DAMNED if they talk back or tell me no.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wasn't necessarily bullied at school but I have a brother 6 years older than me and I was constantly being picked on. Still get s**t to this day for being so short. I think parenting has a big part in what society is today. Parents are working multiple jobs and don't get involved in the lives of the children and aren't raised with good morals. I also think that schools should partially be held accountable for some of the issues with bullies, especially in the case of a suicide, if the bullying happens at school and was reported to officials.