• 04 VW Jetta GLI

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you look hard enough you will find one, and i dont know who your insurance is but mine was quoting me less then my EP3 insurance was :what:

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont want a f**kin nuts fast type car. the srt, imo, is more car than i was looking for.

yes i want it to be as close to factory as possible, and yes, this one is modded. mods are good quality and professionally done, and are only bolt ons (aem intake, upgraded charge pipes, greddy bov, bigger fmic, exhaust) and has the stock parts that i could swap back in. this car is in the price range that i'm looking for, but isnt messed up with a ghey body kit or cams with internal engine work and nitrous.

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i called a few companies for rates on all three cars...geico absolutely sucked ass, the best rates are with the company i've been with since i was 16, State Farm

rates may also vary from region to region

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
so you say you want a car that is simply fast from the factory and that you don't want to f**k with it.

yeah, that was all bullshit....

otherwise he wouldnt be looking at the gli ;)

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if u know what u want why make a thread?

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PRICE DROP:

the srt's tag has been lowered to 13,5 provided i get all stock parts sans the lowering springs. considering it again. it also still carries the 7/70k warranty left over

i am on the fence as far as these cars go, thats why i made a post, i was just seeing other people's opinions, and i value's CC's opinions, because you all for the most part know a heck of a lot about cars, and have certainly helped me in the past.

when i say i want a "fast" car....i mean pretty much anything faster than what i'm in now. while the gli isnt crazy fast, 197hp turbo'd certainly kills a 87hp y7 that currently lives in my car.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait wait wait!!!!

You are worried about the reliability of the SRT/4? But not the VeeDub?

:wtf:

C'mon.

Chrysler has built more turbocharged cars than ANY other company.
The Jetta is not a German car. Check out the VIN. 1st 3 digits are 3VW. Hecho en Mexico.
I think they will be about the same in terms of reliability.

That being said, I would choose the SRT/4 unless I had to drive long distances.
The Dodge's seats are a little firm and too heavily bolstered to be comfortable for long trips and like you said, there's a noise factor.

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TippinOver said:
PRICE DROP:

the srt's tag has been lowered to 13,5 provided i get all stock parts sans the lowering springs. considering it again. it also still carries the 7/70k warranty left over

i am on the fence as far as these cars go, thats why i made a post, i was just seeing other people's opinions, and i value's CC's opinions, because you all for the most part know a heck of a lot about cars, and have certainly helped me in the past.

when i say i want a "fast" car....i mean pretty much anything faster than what i'm in now. while the gli isnt crazy fast, 197hp turbo'd certainly kills a 87hp y7 that currently lives in my car.
$13,500?! You can get a used 02-03 WRX for $10,000! Is insurance really THAT mcu h of a differance? Have you thought about the price of premium gas that you will be putting in there?

WRX FTW

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My parents BOTH owned Turbocharged Dodge cars (1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z and 1988 Dodge Shelby Lancer, 1 of 279 made), and I can say 100% that they know what they're doing. My friend had a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T and that thing made me want to throw a hammer at the wall when we had to work on it, and that was constantly, something was ALWAYS wrong with it (it only had 70K, mind you) and it had the worst electrical bugs imaginable, stay away from Audi/VW go for the SRT4, it's still basically a regular Neon sans drivetrain and some other chassis things, parts won't be hard to find and won't likely cost you an arm and a leg.