CAI gone, say hello to Ram Air. (pics)

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CAI gone, say hello to Short Ram. (pics)

Well thanks to my broken motor mounts, the support tab on my CAI broke and now there is a nice hole in the side of it so.....I just said f**k it and cut it to size and made it a short ram. I think it worked out pretty good, plus now i wont ever have to worry about those puddles anymore especially when i lower the car. (oh and new motor mounts are on the way. yay)

Pics were taken on my phone so bare with me. (still damn good for a camera phone)

The problem

The hole

The new

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok :what:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's not ram air fyi

this is ram air

Last edited:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aem intakes always seem to do that, which is why I'll never buy another aem intake after the first and seeing many others that broke like that

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah not ram air, you now have a short ram

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ummm... ok :what:

ebay intake FTW !!!

you wasted your money on that intake ...the only part that matters on a intake is the filter....the rest is just a alumnium pipe...

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ummm... ok :what:

ebay intake FTW !!!

you wasted your money on that intake ...the only part that matters on a intake is the filter....the rest is just a alumnium pipe...
nope never wasted a penny. came on the car ftw. lol

and yeah i ment short ram. i was just in a hurry. oh well. i always seem to screw up the titles of my threads so why should today be different. of course usually its dc that calls me on it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe the people who have to deal with emissions:roll:
Or the police if they actually do an on the spot inspection after pulling you over. They can give you a ticket for it.

BTW: Good job on the CAI chop up. :thumbs up No one will ever know that it was a CAI, looking at it now it looks like it was always a short ram. Usually I see the hole patched up with something and it looks terrible.