$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
:word: i got tmobile. cant complain about their customer service, and they finally have a good phone too. HTC touch pro 2 baby!
tmobile, like att, gimped teh touch pro 2 by overloading it with useless proprietary software, removing all graphics drivers, and opting to not have a 3.5mm headphone jack

funny enough, verizon chose not to gimp their version and thus it has very little proprietary software, it has graphics drivers, and it has a 3.5mm headphone jack

If you want a touch pro 2, you'll want either the verizon, telus, or sprint version.

tmobile itself has problems though, not limited too but chief among them, are it's blackouts

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup! everything you said is absolutely correct. but since im stuck with em for 2 years i may as well have the best phone they offer :what:

im not paying any early termination fees....

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This seems like a very good phone, but I think they gave it a high hype over it, so I don't know.
Apple is looking for a diff carrier for the iphone and verizon is one of them.
I have the storm with verizon and very happy with my phone and service.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've got Consumer Cellular service with an AARP discount and i love it. my phone bill is less than $30 per month, i got a free phone, there is no contract, i get reception everywhere that att does, and it uses sim cards so i can swap phones, which is how i'm using an iphone outside of att.

f**k all those other service providers, mine is this shiznit :rolf:

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Verizon has always been good to me, also can't complain about the 21% state employee discount on the bill and phones.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had a 19% discount through county gov, but still my bill was like $65 a month for a basic plan plus texting. like i said, my phone bill now with texting is less than $30 a month :rolf:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its not a jitterbug a*****e. it's just a discount through aarp :rolf:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:smackself k fine its a jitterbug

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
will likely be decent..
hate touch screens...

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like everything i've read about this phone. From the dimensions to the capabilities, to the 3.5mm headphone jack.

I wish att would pull their head out of the asses and stop gimping every phone they offer besides the iphone.... but then again, att's financial stability is tied hand in hand to the iphone's success... so I guess I see where that's coming from. But for those who want more than the iphone can offer, att just isnt cutting it any more.

good luck. I expect a review
having major issues trying to order one last night. but all is well now... phone will be at my desk on monday. I will review once i get aquiainted with the phone as it's my first Android device.

for iPhone coming to VZW...most likely not happening with 3G. I'm personally hoping that we will have a partnership with them come our LTE rollout.

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I previously had a G1 on T-mobile and loved it. I love having the touchscreen AND the option to use a qwerty pad aswell, plus the andriod platform allowed for a lot of customization. I left tmobile because their service in itself sucked. went to verizon, unfortunatly a couple months ago before I knew about the droid comming out. I got the Storm, and its good, some things are better then the G1 some arnt. then i see the advertisement for the droid.. first words out of my mouth... god daaaamnit! I would go back to an andriod phone over the blackberry any day of the week. and the droid running on the new 2.0 software and the phone itself look to be REALLY good.
basically my ass will be buying one as soon as im able to upgrade

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what processor is in the moto droid? i'm guessing it runs eclair?