car idle drops very low as if its going to stall

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
The only way I fixed mine was buying a new one then adjusting on hondata. However my motor had some work done to it. Problem could be that even though you cleaned it can still be gummed up

emerican

Registered VIP
^ i think you motors got a little bit more work done to it man lol

vtac_ej6

haha ya all my internals are stock as far as im aware of just the y8 head swap. im going to try and find another one for sale. you guys think cleaning it with carb cleaner again is gonna do anything?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Lol yeah I know mine has little more work however that does not mean that symptoms can't be solved with the same fashion. The thing is you can clean it and possibly get it to work but if it's really gummed up inside then you will maybe temporarily fix the problem a little bit however it will most likely continue doing the same thing. I thought my problem was a vacuum leak but no it wasn't. Figured that out after testing with no braking with the same outcome. You are using the right ecu correct. How long have you had the head swap?

vtac_ej6

Lol yeah I know mine has little more work however that does not mean that symptoms can't be solved with the same fashion. The thing is you can clean it and possibly get it to work but if it's really gummed up inside then you will maybe temporarily fix the problem a little bit however it will most likely continue doing the same thing. I thought my problem was a vacuum leak but no it wasn't. Figured that out after testing with no braking with the same outcome. You are using the right ecu correct. How long have you had the head swap?
well ive had the issue since about a month after i bought the car. ecu is for a manual y8 matches head. also used y8 mani tb fuel rail injectors. everythig. im pretty sure its the iacv

vtac_ej6

haha guys i know a bad head gasket wasnt the idle issue lolol. i thought i was eating coolant but there was a little hole in my resevoir haha