Something new to keep me planted.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Friday arrival...

Special Projects P1 spec time attack airdam/splitter and PCI spherical RTA bushings...

And racecar preps, GoPros must be charged!

Saturday afternoon, packed and rolling to NCCAR for GripFest!

Arrived and unloading...

Wheels changed and ready for Sunday morning!

We, as the hosting team, get a garage at the track and we crash there overnight. And because I'm so Spoon, I sleep next to my SW's...lol...

Hello race day!

Tech inspection!

Heat 3 driver, photo while waiting for my first run of 3a.

Only got in two of my scheduled 5 3a runs. An Evo shut down the event for nearly 2hrs after blowing about a 10in wide by 6in tall hole in his block on the track. One rod went though the block and then the radiator and then was found on the track. Another rod was on the track as well...lol. Alone with a freaking massive about of oil and coolant. Thankfully the track was able to get it cleaned up, our team helping (none from the offender), and we started back at heat 1b. Short cycled heats 1b and 2b to try and even up the number of runs as best we could for 3a/b. In the end heats 1 and 2 got a total of 9 runs and heat 3 got 7 runs. Such is the suck of something bad happening on the track. And now that you are wondering about the Evo, no I have no photos. I dont think anyone does, it was not our concern. Our concern was to get the track opened back up to get people what they paid for, racecar time. :p

The top 5 drivers took home the best trophies we have awarded to date!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha...I wish!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks a lot! Actually want to sell the custom screen and single DVD receiver.

Guess I didn't post the S2000 conversion harness and K-Tuned healer.

And some gages came in...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So my surprise arrived in full ;)

StopTech Mini Cooper slotted rotors...

And the part I've dreamt about for years!

Not pictured is the Spoon 3mm rotor spacer I've had on hand for a while. Pushes out the rotor for 4x100 applications for proper fit.

HighwayStar Garage gear

Pic I snapped to help a buddy out with his canard install. Kinda like it...Lol

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice calipers. Why the Mini Cooper rotors tho?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Si rotors are too small. Mini are a cheap option. You can buy some $400-600 rotors made for 4x100 or get the Prelude VTEC redrilled. This option works and is far less expensive. =)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NIce. other then the diameter, the rest of the design is just like the civic?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, they bolt on. They are designed for the Type R brake system so you need a larger rotor. The big money ones are setup for everything. I'll also be using the Spoon rotor spacer to move the rotor out to where the R sits. $130 for StopTech slotted rotors and $60 for the Spoon rotor spacers is a lot cheaper than the $400-600 rotors...Lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
...if you have the lower model Civic with the 242mm front brakes, I think you have to upgrade to the Si though.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, they bolt on. They are designed for the Type R brake system so you need a larger rotor. The big money ones are setup for everything. I'll also be using the Spoon rotor spacer to move the rotor out to where the R sits. $130 for StopTech slotted rotors and $60 for the Spoon rotor spacers is a lot cheaper than the $400-600 rotors...Lol.
ah ok..So the people with CTR 5 lug brake conversion, all they have to do is install the Spoon caliper.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...if you have the lower model Civic with the 242mm front brakes, I think you have to upgrade to the Si though.
you need the Si knuckle/spindle so that the caliper bracket is in the right spot or something like the wilwood caliper bracket that is used when upgrading to their 11" bbk on the 242mm brake civics

New setup looks great.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I knew something was different but couldnt say with facts. But the bracket placement makes sense with the smaller sizing of the 242mm. =)

Thanks guys! They feel great, very happy with the upgrade.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I raced Sunday. Also I let my buddy Mike run my car as he doesnt have one to run and its been like a year and a half since he did race. Brakes were something to get used to for us both thats for sure...lol. He used to have an Si but my car was totally different from his...lol. He said it was only the same in that they were both an Si chassis...lol. Mine is just far more worked over than his was.

A packing shot, notice I traded back for the standard carbon hood...

Meeting up with Mike...

First look with the track wheels over the Spoon clappers...

Some cell shots I took of him driving my car...

And I picked up six 15x8, silver 949's right after I got done at the track. Four came with some really good tread Toyo RA1's and two came with crap (one corded and blown out) R888's. The four best 949's and the RA1's will be going to a new owner as I was just the middle man. Two are staying in my collection as back ups.