Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
were you trying? or was the car failing? cause i know for sure my bro could destroy my 02 civic ex

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
chaos- i think earlier in this thread you were placing a challenge to me in my CRX? still up for that? :lol:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he no longer has his em2, or turbo, he has no car. lol

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill race you on my bicycle..... pedal power FTW

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i just watched the second video...i seriously think something may be wrong with your engine. try a compression check. :shock:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just watched the second video...i seriously think something may be wrong with your engine. try a compression check. :shock:
yeah, watch my video, its a stock dohc zc NA with just a HSK head gasket, looks a bit faster.

chaos, what CR are you running? might be too low, thats why your spool is late, you have a fairly small turbo should be quicker then that, even at lower PSI.

please for the sake of your car, get it checked out, and dyno tuned. i really dont want to see another blown(or bad) motor in this thread.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha those were pretty funny...too bad you missed fourth....bet you would have passed him faster

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its still got a few probs....i think my CR might be to low cause it does take the turbo a while to spool up.....i did a compression check and i got 140 on every cylinder.....my guy from turbod16.com is making me a better basemap.....i think he made it run to rich which is another prob on why its so slow.....also ill be turning up the boost to 15-20psi and we'll see how she runs......i have some pull vids ill post asap....

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i cant believe you have a fully built engine, pushing 10psi in a light ass hatchback and barely beat a stock '03 civic LX.....

im amazed. you should stop beating on that thing because something is wrong.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its bc i missed 4th....their is still many probs ive already said that....give me some time.....

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its bc i missed 4th....their is still many probs ive already said that....give me some time.....
is that a ZC thing? beat the f**k out of it when it has major issues?

i think Green91 was getting track times and then saying he had a terribly slipping clutch or something...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait, your going to turn up the boost, but dont have a real tune.

just cause a engine it built, dosent make it indestructible to idiots who dont tune.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it has problems, but he's running 10psi and wants more. and he's racing it.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like i said, it be stupid to turn it up if you are having problems now, more boost wont make them go away, just more damage on the motor, you might not hear/see/feel the damage, but its happening every time you go into boost on a untuned car.

no a basemap is NOT a tune. its made as a starting point for a tune.
and no one can make you a map, send it to u and it be perfect for your setup, simply because, every engine is different, setup up differences, geographic location differences.

that is why a tune for your car, dont ON your car, with YOUR car, is essential.

we are only trying to give you the best advice to save your engine so you didnt waste money, if you choose not to take the advice given to you, thats your choice and you will probably end up with a blown motor/ damaged motor.

dont be idiotic and ignore the advice given.

i am not a pro, but i know common sense.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if its running rich and not burning all the fuel that could explain it maybe, last i heard was that if you run too lean or too rich the spool up time takes longer than normal

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
like i said, it be stupid to turn it up if you are having problems now, more boost wont make them go away, just more damage on the motor, you might not hear/see/feel the damage, but its happening every time you go into boost on a untuned car.

no a basemap is NOT a tune. its made as a starting point for a tune.
basemaps are made for initial start-up.

you mentioned every time he hits boost untuned he is hurting the engine. Every RPM that engine spins untuned is hurting. i'll bet he's already lost several thousand miles of engine life.

Status
Not open for further replies.