Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with mega squirt you can use the stock dissy if you choose. individual coild are more reliable and have better tuning.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with mega squirt you can use the stock dissy if you choose. individual coild are more reliable and have better tuning.
yeah, but for me, i love the old way of the dizzy, coil packs and coil on plugs are just...bleh! i know they have real advantadges, but im old school about electronics...hell even computers hate me lol

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would love to have individual coils, I might pick up a few hp from that. what do you get them off of?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just get a k-swap.
Technically, I would be one of the few people on this site that IF they said they would that I could do it, but I really don't care for it on either of my hatches. I would love to have a sedan with a K, or even try something better, the new J series mounts for the 5th gen, and accord parts are cheap.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Technically, I would be one of the few people on this site that IF they said they would that I could do it...
yea, because you are the coolest guy on this site. no one has the skill, knowledge or money to do one of those swaps on this site. :roll:

theres already some people on this site that have K-Swaps. more then a few. so technically you're wrong. get a grip, dude.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
about 3 years ill be putting a K in something. dont know what but it will happen

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would love to have individual coils, I might pick up a few hp from that. what do you get them off of?
AEM or you might be able to use a Ford Focus 2.0 ZETEC coils. They arent cheep, but really they are the better ones Ford makes, either that or use the Focus SVT coils. more powerful than that of the ZETEC(and fyi to anyone wanting to know, the only thing ZETEC really does is change the intake and exhaust timing to get better valve over lap, and no it doesnt bring any horsepower gains up at all, just economyand thats it)

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AEM is junk.

most of the name brand(big names, AEM, Greddy,hondata) are WAY over priced.

so ill stick to my less expensive products, that are more user friendly then the big name brands

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only thing ZETEC really does is change the intake and exhaust timing to get better valve over lap, and no it doesnt bring any horsepower gains up at all, just economyand thats it)
what do you think Vtec basically is? more Vtec-E

VTEC was designed for ECONOMY not more power
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) (not VTECH or VTAK) is a valvetrain system developed by Honda to improve the volumetric efficiency of a four-stroke internal combustion engine. This system uses two camshaft profiles and electronically selects between the profiles. This was the first system of its kind.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what do you think Vtec basically is? more Vtec-E

VTEC was designed for ECONOMY not more power
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC
uhhhhh. not exactly true, man.

VTEC was made to make power and still have the benefits of fuel economy. You only make the real power if you are trying to. If you arent trying to dipset, you get the fuel economy of the smaller cam, less powerful engine.

Its a little misleading when people say VTEC is made for fuel economy. You arent saving any gas when u engage VTEC. You're saving the gas before VTEC engages.

BTW, i dont trust any source that has to say "Not VTECH or VTAK" :lol:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not completely wrong.

but when they first designed it, it was for fuel economy, then power when you need it.

and wiki is like that, you can go change the text/add/remove.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guess you were misleading us with ur super turbo setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.