Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just checked the Manual Window hand things in my civic, and it looks as if the hole for a tweeter would be about 1.5 inches do they make tweeters that size, and is it hard to wire them up there?

CivicFreak26

Human Powered is teh best
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
You can remove taped pin stripes the same way you remove emblems and decals. DO NOT USE A CREDIT CARD OR ANYTHING SIMILAR! You will damage your clearcoat. Be warned, the pin stripe will probably tear every couple of millimeters and will take forever to remove. I'd do it over a period of a few days probably. :???:
is it ok to peal it away with your fingernail and use goo-gone? :what:

CivicFreak26

Human Powered is teh best
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sean Gibson said:
yeh i used a flathead screwdriver,came out easy,then just pops back in.
what about the control pannel in the center where the radio and stuff is... i popped it out and when i put it back in it fits in there loose and it sometiems rattles....HELP PLEASE

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CivicFreak26 said:
is it ok to peal it away with your fingernail and use goo-gone? :what:
I tried that but the stripe bits got caught under my nail. Stabbed me in the nailbed too... Kind of hurt, at least irritating.

It's pretty much what you have to do. Removing old pinstripes is a pain in the ass I will warn you. Always looks nicer afterwards though. Someone else posted another tip on removing them though. A couple pages back. I dunno how well it works though.

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tye said:
Get some pics up dude.
werd. does wrapping your header do anything for motors with basic bolt ons? and can you make it look nice?

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a cardboard box, cut out one big long piece and two smaller pieces, fold the small pieces in half, put the big piece ontop and duck tape to ur trunk....INSTANT SPOILER!
hey u said cheap, and ive seen it done!

no i did not do this....but it is a good prank

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok going waaaaay back to installing the mesh grille....what is eurathane? and are they any aternatives to applying the mesh beside eurathane?
i just cut out the top and bottom grille at my shop today...looks decent, need to sand it and i messed up only once.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FartCanMan said:
ok going waaaaay back to installing the mesh grille....what is eurathane? and are they any aternatives to applying the mesh beside eurathane?
i just cut out the top and bottom grille at my shop today...looks decent, need to sand it and i messed up only once.
strong strong glue? :what:

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
werd. does wrapping your header do anything for motors with basic bolt ons? and can you make it look nice?
buddy who said did it made his engine run cooler, which makes sense, so a CAI or ram intake would be getting cooler air, allowing it to work better? :what:

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DEI makes alot of heat wrap, which lowers underhood temprature, this allows your intake to suck in cooler air plus it can lower the cabin temp also.

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CivicFreak26 said:
what about the control pannel in the center where the radio and stuff is... i popped it out and when i put it back in it fits in there loose and it sometiems rattles....HELP PLEASE
for the centre console i just put a vinyl dash kit over it,the centre console is hard to remove,when i tried it felt almost as if some parts wud break under pressure when tryin to remove them so i left it.

Loffs919

HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ideas

Paint side moldings to match
Im a fan of my DIY headlights
swap out your small cai filter for a huge K&N.... it helped me a little

Read this in a magazine:
run a line from your windshield fluid tank to spray your intercooler or radiator.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Loffs919 said:
Paint side moldings to match
Im a fan of my DIY headlights
swap out your small cai filter for a huge K&N.... it helped me a little

Read this in a magazine:
run a line from your windshield fluid tank to spray your intercooler or radiator.
seems like windshield nozzels have become a form of forced induction on CLubcivic.. :lol: :lol:

edit- this is not a cheap shot at you loffs919

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got the number 1 cheap thing to do with with your civic................................

DRIVE IT!

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I normally always drive the car around smoothly... change gears smoothly, don't stamp on the gas & I change gears around 2,500rpm... so the car is cruising at 2k rpm. This way the engine is not being strained & you get more mpg outta your civic! Simple, common sense & down right way to save some dough! Then again saying all that you gotta to let the VTEC kick in now & again ;0)

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
seems like windshield nozzels have become a form of forced induction on CLubcivic.. :lol: :lol:

edit- this is not a cheap shot at you loffs919
yeah, team washer nozzle forced induction,and for the mad tyte jdm look get the light up ones

Loffs919

HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont worry... im am not and never will be planning to use my windsheild nozzles for performance purposes...... i just thought it was kind afunny how someone actually thought up that plan.... ya i agree its ghetto!

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that was me where the controversy started....and it was a perfect design....anyway i cant get the pics up now because im too scared to go out in the freezing. But i can say it helped fix my bogging down problems. I can drive for 20 minutes, pop the hood and hug my header its so unburning to touch. It really helps my underhood temps, and increases velocity of the exhaust gases. I reccomend it highly now. I used to be against it. Also now my short ram is almost getting frost on it its so effing cold. Maybe cuz i have a duct running from my bumper to my intake, but still my underhood temps are amazing.