Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

quick86

Uhh.... What?
5+ Year Member
Another suggestion - kind of an oddball one... But if you're like me and have a dog (Rott/Lab/Shep) who loves to go for car rides.... A dog specific seat cover for your back seat is a nice addition! :D Keeps the interior fresh by collecting all the hair she sheds and it's water proof & machine washable. Keeps my backseat clean for when I have less hairy 2 legged passengers.

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've found that just being nice to other Civic owners and helping people out can sometimes result in you getting free parts for your car.
How would you go about doing so? Where?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I've found that just being nice to other Civic owners and helping people out can sometimes result in you getting free parts for your car.
Thats the truth right there. Ive gotten alot of free parts just by helping people out when theyre in need.

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry if I am sounding greedy and selfish, but that happens in CC?

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Integrated Rear Foglamp. In some of the EDM civic coupes and hatches (not the sedans since they had the MB6) they had an integrated rear foglamp on the newer models of civics (6th gen) where on the coupes the light on the drivers side (what ever side that may be) on the inner taillight mounted on the trunk the brakes only lit up the outer tail lights and the inner ones acted as just tail lights except the rear fog lights up. In the Hatch its the space below the backup/turn lights is where the rear fog is located. And the sedans can hook them up the same way as the coupes.. you simply clip both your inner brake lights and hook one side up to a switch that either hooks to your foglights or a seperate switch that comes on only when you turn it on. On the hatches i dont think there is a bulb opening so you would have to drill your own hole and slip a single filiment bulb and base in there..

Make some room in your engine bay, Rip out your cruise control but don't forget to capoff that vacuum hose coming from your intake manifold oh and that steel cable that's connected to gas peddle is a bit(h to cut

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
how did you paint yout center console black?

also i want to paint my carpet to red its currently stock would i be able to paint it red or would it jus come out pink?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make some room in your engine bay, Rip out your cruise control but don't forget to capoff that vacuum hose coming from your intake manifold oh and that steel cable that's connected to gas peddle is a bit(h to cut
You don't cut that cable. Push the gas pedal to the floor, then pull up on the slack of the cable to move it through the "slit" on the upper portion of the gas pedal.

Another cheap idea is OEM door edge guards. You can still get them paint matched from places such as handa-accessories for about $18 shipped. Cheap, effective and look great to hide all the door edge dings from over the years.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how did you paint yout center console black?

also i want to paint my carpet to red its currently stock would i be able to paint it red or would it jus come out pink?
no paint. just buy ctr carpet. unless you bleach the carpet white and then dye it red you wont get the color you want

silverstreak98

5+ Year Member
some nice upholstery is nice to i just did mine for $25 in black crushed velvet i did the doors so far doing the headliner on a nice day it raining here :(

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clean em really good with soapy water, rinse very well... Then use a tach cloth from any Auto Store in the paint section.. Then get Krylon Fusion s**t works WONDERS... Or you can buy Vinal Dye as well