CHiLD's EG *BUILD UP THREAD*

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The purple looks good, but doesn't really go with the red hoses. Its looking really nice regardless.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh whats with everyone and these funky colors? It looks ok, but feel like you're trying too hard; a fresh coat of black would have been nice.
I just chose to go with a color that is less seen. I know im not the first or the last, but there's a lot fewer done this way as opposed to the oem black, gloss black, or type R valve covers.

oddeb707 said:
I disagree, purple looks good.
thanks!

pmac193 said:
The purple looks good, but doesn't really go with the red hoses. Its looking really nice regardless.
I dont really like the red hoses either, i needed replacements at the time i ordered them, and red was the only thing in stock. I'll most likely end up with black if i can get my hands on some.

Black Magic said:
looking good. That block is clean as hell!
thanks! Hmotorsonline FTW I just cleaned it up a little bit more.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah, i was about to ask you in the random pic thread if that engine bay is yours. Looks like it is :thumbup: looks baller man!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah, i was about to ask you in the random pic thread if that engine bay is yours. Looks like it is :thumbup: looks baller man!
thanks dude! i gotta tuck some more wires when i get around to it

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
your pictures in the random photo thread make the valve cover look 10x better, though. :thumbup:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, the first ones in here were taken late at night. Just had to get some quick pics of it. Now i gotta get onto more pressing issues like vtec! its startin to piss me off. No CEL and no vtec. the troubleshooting begins....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just placed an order for a phearable chipped OBD-1 ECU

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your doing a great job man!

I didn't read and see if you fixed the idle or not. If you didn't there is a screw on top of the TB you can turn it in or out, just have someone in side to was the rpm. If that does not fix it the you may have a leake in the tb gasket.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your doing a great job man!

I didn't read and see if you fixed the idle or not. If you didn't there is a screw on top of the TB you can turn it in or out, just have someone in side to was the rpm. If that does not fix it the you may have a leake in the tb gasket.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
thanks!
But no i havent fixed the idle. tried the screw already, tested the IACV its working properly, cleaned and adjusted the FITV no change. I swapped the b16 TB with my Ls, and with that one on there, when the engine is cold it idles at 700-800, then it gradually RAISES to 1500 as the engine warms up. Its like its warming up backwards.

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, there is an O ring on that idle screw. May need to be replaced, or you are getting a gasket leak at the tb. Start the car and spray some TB cleaner right where the TB meets the intake manifold. If you here the motor change rpm then you know that is the problem.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a spoon yellow VC would look wonderful on ur car..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, there is an O ring on that idle screw. May need to be replaced, or you are getting a gasket leak at the tb. Start the car and spray some TB cleaner right where the TB meets the intake manifold. If you here the motor change rpm then you know that is the problem.
No leaks, and the actual running idle is fine with the b16 throttle body. Im thinkin it might be an ECU issue. I dont know, i might just end up dealing with it. ive seen on honda tech a s**t load of idling problems with jdm b16's

mymmeryloss said:
looking good child..
a spoon yellow VC would look wonderful on ur car..

thanks man...i went through my spoon phase in the past. I wanna go buddy club with this one. Just let my boredom take over for awhile and ended up with that purple valve cover. I still have my red type R one, it might go back on down the road

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, it's not the ecu. I have had many B16's so there is nothing I have not came across!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well as far as i know, the coolant level and the FITV are responsible for the idle as the car warms up, but even after screwing it back down it warms up the same and there's no leaks.

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm, your sure the TB gasket is not leaking? Well good luck man, that would drive me nuts! What about your TB cable? Is it to tight?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm, your sure the TB gasket is not leaking? Well good luck man, that would drive me nuts! What about your TB cable? Is it to tight?
nope, not too tight. Oh well, ill diagnose it later. Its not a big deal, its just not right.

here's some pure boredom shots as i wait for my ecu to come in.....