get that fuse box and battery outa there>>>

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get that fuse box and battery outa there>>>
im workin' on it, i want to use some Monster crimpless wire terminals when i do it. not sure where i want to put the battery yet though

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the trunk..and man ill fly ur ass out here and pay you with beer and some bucks to tuck my f**kin bay..i did the headlights and gave up..i have no clue where the f**k to start with the harness..and i read that thread that you showed me awhile back and WOW mad props for what you did...and btw is that the black works radiator from jhpusa.com?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the trunk..and man ill fly ur ass out here and pay you with beer and some bucks to tuck my f**kin bay..i did the headlights and gave up..i have no clue where the f**k to start with the harness..and i read that thread that you showed me awhile back and WOW mad props for what you did...and btw is that the black works radiator from jhpusa.com?
i dont know if i want it under my trunk piece or on top. At first i thought about hiding it behind the center of the dash and fabbing a bracket for it. We'll see.

and my radiator is a cheapy from streetimports.com They are all the same, Blackworks, Mishimoto...its just whether you want a name on your radiator or not.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im gonna have to say in the trunk...think about if you have to ever jump start her or you wanna be nice and jump start someone else...inside the cab would be a hella b***h to get to...fab yourself a nice trunk bracket and while your doing it make a write up how to re route it! your write ups are easy to follow...i.e. the cluster bulb one! :D i liked it!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gonna have to say in the trunk...think about if you have to ever jump start her or you wanna be nice and jump start someone else...inside the cab would be a hella b***h to get to...fab yourself a nice trunk bracket and while your doing it make a write up how to re route it! your write ups are easy to follow...i.e. the cluster bulb one! :D i liked it!
if i hide it under the dash, id be using the terminal posts on the firewall. I'll try to get details as i work through. Sometimes i end up twisting, moving, removing something randomly so i dont get pics. Like i just removed a vacuum hose off of the intake manifold.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd love for you to make a write up on how to tuck..i dont know if i lack in reading skills or it was that easy for you? ha but i look at that thread you sent me almost weekly and its like still fuzzy! and seeing what you did is like comparing a rock (my engine bay) with a diamond (your engine bay) :S

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
trunk ftw. just make sure to put the battery on the passenger side which will help balance the car out some since the gas tank is on the drivers side. relocating the battery aint hard. makin the bracket will prob be the hardest thing to do.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trunk ftw. just make sure to put the battery on the passenger side which will help balance the car out some since the gas tank is on the drivers side. relocating the battery aint hard. makin the bracket will prob be the hardest thing to do.
I just wanna hide the battery and fuse box as clean as possible and i like to have a plan before i start seperating wires. My rear end is gutted so having the battery sit there kind of bothers me unless i can find a way to put it under the trunk piece. Ill be using mostly 4ga and some monster 300 crimpless wire terminals.

i daily drive this car since its fun and cheap, so i want to have it back together the day i take anything apart

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for fuse box i put it under the glove box and didnt have to extend any wires. then again mines 6th gen and not 5th but look at my build thread and it shows some pics of what i did. tomorrow if the weathers good ill be movin my battery to the trunk. I bet youll finish relocating the battery and fuse box in max 3-4 hrs. just have some spare 4 ga wire layin around to extend the alternator wire attatched to the battery. i bought two 2ft extensions at advanced for 3 or 4 bucks. for the battery id suggest using 0 ga for the relocation. thats what im usin

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just dont forget pictures pictures pictures when you get going..so i can get mine tucked as well please and thanks in advance!

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lookin good child, digging the bay..

where is painting your bumper on your priority list? after the drop?

:thumbup:

TheExtra

5+ Year Member
Holy engine bay, that looks real nice man, i think i might need to try something like that to mine it is def. in need of some cleaning.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just dont forget pictures pictures pictures when you get going..so i can get mine tucked as well please and thanks in advance!
ill be sure to do pics when i jump on it

Lookin good child, digging the bay..

where is painting your bumper on your priority list? after the drop?

:thumbup:
Actually my whole car needs paint, it almost has no clear coat. I need to replace the front and rear bumpers along with a passenger fender and hood. I wanted to paint the car as a final thing, but its starting to get to me because its insane trying to keep this clear coatless car clean. I get neglected at car meets though, i love that :D

Holy engine bay, that looks real nice man, i think i might need to try something like that to mine it is def. in need of some cleaning.
Thanks, simple green FTW

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Wink mirror finally shipped out today!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what the hell is a wink mirror lol