CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it swap time yet? Damn it homie I want you to finish this soooooon!
My parts list is so short now but i'm trying not to cut corners still. I want to drive this thing.
I love your attention to detail. Truly an inspiration :thumbs up
I blame it on my slight OCD issues lol. Thanks.
Looks good as always..

Can't wait to see the swap in there!
im getting closer. Kinda wish i would have ordered my wiring harness sooner since i'm stuck playing the waiting game
That motor looks GOOD enough for the Smithsonian American Art Museum Collection. :clap::clap::clap:
hahaha, thanks

Well ran into a common 6th gen problem with my drivers side window. The window wont roll all the way up. So I ordered a new window regulator with the motor. I hate spending on regular maintenance, especially being so much closer to finishing up.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good deal on the wireworx harness......did you email them to contact them or call them? I sent an email almost 2 weeks ago about the V1 magic box and haven't gotten a response yet :(

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good deal on the wireworx harness......did you email them to contact them or call them? I sent an email almost 2 weeks ago about the V1 magic box and haven't gotten a response yet :(
Facebook. Got contacted back in less than 24 hours.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
word. ill give that a try.........still trying to get my temp gauge to work correctly on my s2k cluster

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
word. ill give that a try.........still trying to get my temp gauge to work correctly on my s2k cluster
if you can't reach them through the wireworx page, hit up Xavier directly.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks fantastic. Not that I'm surprised haha.

You could use these to secure the fuel lines:

adel clamps

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id rather use these

It's just deciding which direction i want to go with them. Securing them is no problem.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
That motor looks AMAZING! I've been creeping your posts and slowly debating cutting ties with my z3 motor and going K24 like I always see you mentioning. I want to do it right the first time.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That motor looks AMAZING! I've been creeping your posts and slowly debating cutting ties with my z3 motor and going K24 like I always see you mentioning. I want to do it right the first time.
you have a z3, just grab a k24 block. That'll be an even better combo. The 06-08 tsx like I have, is the closest thing to a k20/24 setup (flow wise). The easiest and cheapest route is a crv block. Stock pistons and rods work just fine with the a2/z3/z1 heads. An accord block will need new pistons at the least. Going the crv or accord route is much cheaper than finding a tsx longblock.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
you have a z3, just grab a k24 block. That'll be an even better combo. The 06-08 tsx like I have, is the closest thing to a k20/24 setup (flow wise). The easiest and cheapest route is a crv block. Stock pistons and rods work just fine with the a2/z3/z1 heads. An accord block will need new pistons at the least. Going the crv or accord route is much cheaper than finding a tsx longblock.
I'll do that! When I bought this motor I was told it had a slight knock in it anyway so I was planning to do a mild build on it. But... K24 it is. Aren't you in Houston? Parts around my area are super rare so I have to get stuff from the lower 48. I'm going to be in Houston next month for a couple weeks and was hoping to buy up a bunch of hard to find parts and ship them up to my house. If you know where to find a block, I could buy it while i'm there along with a few other things I need.

I'll have to make sure my 6 speed trans will fit it too.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll do that! When I bought this motor I was told it had a slight knock in it anyway so I was planning to do a mild build on it. But... K24 it is. Aren't you in Houston? Parts around my area are super rare so I have to get stuff from the lower 48. I'm going to be in Houston next month for a couple weeks and was hoping to buy up a bunch of hard to find parts and ship them up to my house. If you know where to find a block, I could buy it while i'm there along with a few other things I need.

I'll have to make sure my 6 speed trans will fit it too.
Yeah I'm in Houston. I don't buy Jack s**t from here though lol. I just don't trust the places I've come across because they all have done me wrong so far. Your trans will bolt to the motor no problem. The shifter cables and shift box and speed sensor are where things get mixed up from the average kswap

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do those air fresheners smell exactly? Unless awesome sauce is in fact a smell I'm just not familiar with. :lol: