CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hella nice office, soon to be the Presidential suite. :lol:

How do those air fresheners smell exactly? Unless awesome sauce is in fact a smell I'm just not familiar with. :lol:
like fruit loops in my opinion.
one time a friend said he got a crv block installed in his civic. Anyone heard of this? Or is just bS
Impossible! If they did that, it should become incredibly popular over time and people would probably find a way to mate vtec heads to them or build them for boost with a huge powerband and broad torque.
Crv block in a civic, pffft. Such nonsense should be banned from the Internet

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Impossible! If they did that, it should become incredibly popular over time and people would probably find a way to mate vtec heads to them or build them for boost witha huge powerband and broad torque. Crv block in a civic, pffft. Such nonsense should be banned from the Internet[/QUOTE]

Exactly! If that was true I bet someone would make an entire internet forum devoted to it and name it after the engine code-vtec.org

Everyone knows CRVs are trucks!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K Tuned billet timing chain tensioner cover came in along with a K series temp sensor fitting so that I can place mine where I want it.

Right out of the box there was a problem...it wasn't shiny enough =)

did my same old routine and got it looking nice

into the hot ass garage

taped up the temp sensor fitting

yay

slapped on the TCT cover

A shot trying to show the reflectiveness

scuffed my block a little bit trying to remove all the Hondabond, oh well, it's done.

back to work.........

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
you have a z3, just grab a k24 block. That'll be an even better combo. The 06-08 tsx like I have, is the closest thing to a k20/24 setup (flow wise). The easiest and cheapest route is a crv block. Stock pistons and rods work just fine with the a2/z3/z1 heads. An accord block will need new pistons at the least. Going the crv or accord route is much cheaper than finding a tsx longblock.
Found someone with an 09 TSX K24 block sorta local to me. Trying to work out a deal for it. Pics look good. I've had my k20z3 for so long now I can't even remember what year of civic it was pulled from. 08 I think. Will that swap to the K24 block?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found someone with an 09 TSX K24 block sorta local to me. Trying to work out a deal for it. Pics look good. I've had my k20z3 for so long now I can't even remember what year of civic it was pulled from. 08 I think. Will that swap to the K24 block?
you can use that block... the 09+ tsx heads are the issue.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not just do the k20z3 swap?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Street spec shifter cables ordered.

Remaining:
- ECU W/HONDATA K RPO
- APEXI' WS2
- WIREWORX CONVERSION HARNESS
- KARCEPTS A/C P/S DELETE
- RDX INJECTORS
- DC5 OXYGEN SENSOR
- K20 HALF SHAFT
- EG FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS
- KTUNED HEATER HOSES
- EG/DC STEERING RACK
- EG/DC SUBFRAME

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jeeeeeez.

I don't know who's build is taking longer.. yours, or chris's minitruck build.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jeeeeeez.

I don't know who's build is taking longer.. yours, or chris's minitruck build.
We are both too picky :what: Kerry goes with the done once done right approach whilst i am after the do it 50 times or until its perfect.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We are both too picky :what: Kerry goes with the done once done right approach whilst i am after the do it 50 times or until its perfect.
All kinds of truth right here. I'm lazy and you're a pperfectionist. Bad qualities for a bank account lol.

I think I might save for a little and knock off that kpro. Having a tsx motor leaves me with little room for ecu options since the k20 ecus won't run the motor right. I just hate when I can't tinker with things. Thats partially why I bought all those bolts. Keeps my sanity lol

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All kinds of truth right here. I'm lazy and you're a pperfectionist. Bad qualities for a bank account lol.

I think I might save for a little and knock off that kpro. Having a tsx motor leaves me with little room for ecu options since the k20 ecus won't run the motor right. I just hate when I can't tinker with things. Thats partially why I bought all those bolts. Keeps my sanity lol
Unless youve been holding out on us...there is a lot of engine bay prep that could happen! Headlight harness tuck, remove A/C. You know the simple things you used to do! :D

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless youve been holding out on us...there is a lot of engine bay prep that could happen! Headlight harness tuck, remove A/C. You know the simple things you used to do! :D
Waiting on removing AC just because it works lol. Ive already prepped the factory looming for my normal headlight wire tuck and I've removed all the random clips out of the bay. I was gonna do it all as I install the swap.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Waiting on removing AC just because it works lol. Ive already prepped the factory looming for my normal headlight wire tuck and I've removed all the random clips out of the bay. I was gonna do it all as I install the swap.
I'm curious, are there ever times when you're driving the car and you have to drive up a big hill or something and you wish you had this motor in the car already? Lol my sohc kills me on some of the hills around here.