CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow your gonna have some nice legit stuff coming in! Why dont you buy things like axles, mounts, shifter box, all that odd stuff?

after all you are waiting for tax return money!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow your gonna have some nice legit stuff coming in! Why dont you buy things like axles, mounts, shifter box, all that odd stuff?

after all you are waiting for tax return money!
Im putting a bigger stash of money aside for the motor and trans. Those are harder to come by than the swap pieces needed and i felt like knocking out some of the things i planned on doing to car regardless of what powerplant is in it.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice to finally see some updates haha. I just installed my heater duct the other day. Just a tip for your next parts order, you will need a grommet to cover the condensation drain hole. The hose that drains from the A/C unit also goes through the firewall.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know, thanks. Did all this on my last coupe.

in the meantime, im trying to track down a pair of CTR headlights. So much searching and calling....but it'll be worth it (to me anyway)

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ah finally caught up on this! this thread has made me realize my true love for EKs haha. I've never really liked them until i saw yours a few months ago(used to be all about eg hatchies). And you've got me really inspired to do a k-swap one day, with the way your are buying all the parts seperate and what not. Makes it seem a little easier and less costly! Just gotta trade my coupe for a hatch one day in the future and get started lol.

Anyways great looking car and good luck with everything in the future. I'm very anxious to see the motor finally in!:popcorn:

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You really think things through! You have a definite plan and thats what makes this a great quality build. Love it man!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tuned in for K swap..ur def one of the organized members when it comes to knowing ur plans for a build

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know, thanks. Did all this on my last coupe.

in the meantime, im trying to track down a pair of CTR headlights. So much searching and calling....but it'll be worth it (to me anyway)
are yo searching so much to find a cheaper price, or just struggling to find them. i know of a few sets that are new

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are yo searching so much to find a cheaper price, or just struggling to find them. i know of a few sets that are new
Looking for a proper price on them. They are simply headlights so i'm only willing to pay OEM price as if I were buying them new from the dealership. Honestly that's all they are worth. Too many people are selling them for way to much. $800-1000 at a lot of places is just stupid.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took awhile to hear back from everyone but I finally put an order through for jdm Stanley ctr headlights.
Kinda can't beat 440 shipped brand new. I love how password(givemeallyourmoney)jdm had them listed for $1049 before shipping. Lol.

Downside is a roughly a month and a half wait. I don't work for Dominic, so I can't get overnight parts from Japan.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took awhile to hear back from everyone but I finally put an order through for jdm Stanley ctr headlights.
Kinda can't beat 440 shipped brand new. I love how password(givemeallyourmoney)jdm had them listed for $1049 before shipping. Lol.

Downside is a roughly a month and a half wait. I don't work for Dominic, so I can't get overnight parts from Japan.
haha word. Do you mind sharing with us the places that gave you quotes? I'm assuming prices will only go up as HOP parts for older cars become scarce and are no longer being manufacture. I'm assuming production on those head lights stopped many years ago. Come to think of it, i wonder how many brand new pairs are left in the world.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha word. Do you mind sharing with us the places that gave you quotes? I'm assuming prices will only go up as HOP parts for older cars become scarce and are no longer being manufacture. I'm assuming production on those head lights stopped many years ago. Come to think of it, i wonder how many brand new pairs are left in the world.
They are more abundant than people think. The vendors here charge more because they aren't finding them in junk yards like they used to. But just like we can order a set of new headlights from the dealership, they can still get ctr headlights overseas.

I hit up, nengun, hmotorsonline, jhpusa, jdmland aka icbmotorsports, inlinefour, optionauto, bulletproof, and showsroppersusa

all my OEM parts delivery date is this Wednesday...got some function 7 lca's on the way as well. Looking for a shift knob that I don't see everyday that isn't at p.diddy price

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking for a shift knob that I don't see everyday that isn't at p.diddy price
I know its a somewhat common one but I absolutely loved my Skunk2 Anniversary one. Was like $40.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: that's not very helpful lol.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They are more abundant than people think. The vendors here charge more because they aren't finding them in junk yards like they used to. But just like we can order a set of new headlights from the dealership, they can still get ctr headlights overseas.

I hit up, nengun, hmotorsonline, jhpusa, jdmland aka icbmotorsports, inlinefour, optionauto, bulletproof, and showsroppersusa

all my OEM parts delivery date is this Wednesday...got some function 7 lca's on the way as well. Looking for a shift knob that I don't see everyday that isn't at p.diddy price
Whoops i ordered those as well! Maybe we got different colors tho?!!