CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just ordered some eye candy yesterday from icb, kinda influenced from your hatch should go great with my other new part.. Hoefully installed the 4th weekend!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child, if such item was available for you to buy here in the USA, along with the same quality and precision (possibly even developed better) as what you just have ordered from overseas, Would you buy from the USA dealer? I would suppose yes.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child, if such item was available for you to buy here in the USA, along with the same quality and precision (possibly even developed better) as what you just have ordered from overseas, Would you buy from the USA dealer? I would suppose yes.
yes, like my function 7 lca's and asr subframe brace. I've looked at other mirrors, but the design and size I choose wasn't around. I'm not all about paying top dollar or anything but some instances I need to in order to get what I want (which isn't always the "best") but its what I want

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
been in the hospital watching my daughter being born. reading this between contractions and then feedings haha. need MOAR now!!!! cant wait to get my honda and follow in the awesomeness that is your build thread. k-swap ftmfw! keep it up. is your wax used in the engine bay the same stuff you use on the outside or.....??

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
been in the hospital watching my daughter being born. reading this between contractions and then feedings haha. need MOAR now!!!! cant wait to get my honda and follow in the awesomeness that is your build thread. k-swap ftmfw! keep it up. is your wax used in the engine bay the same stuff you use on the outside or.....??
:thumbs up congrats on your baby!

...yeah the wax is the same. Good old fashioned turtle wax. A pain to put on and take off, but worth it. Just installed the mirrors so ill grab some garage photos and throw em up sometime today

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hardware in the box

surface area (of the glass, the important part) isn't much smaller than stock. Not having a huge plastic casing makes the mirrors seem tiny

wider and light blue tinted glass. My field of view is MUCH wider now

I ordered the twill carbon instead of the plain. It fills in the curved areas much better

(i hadn't adjusted the angle just yet)

:hi:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow those are nice and a lot better view IMO...it's very clear.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for your feed back, and the mirrors are Very Elegant.

Where does the adjusting take place? At the mirror housing and arm rod mating area? or do you do adjust the glass itself?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Quick question regarding your suspension set up, I'm currently sitting on tein stechs. The previous owner had put eBay coilovers and I replaced them thinking the less aggressive drop wouldn't be to harsh on the shocks. I live in a country area and the road conditions can be rough in places, but the shocks are now dying on me. I found your car when I was googling eks with the type 1 set up, I wanted a lower stance without a unbearable ride. The wheels are silver 15" motegi mr7s that came on it and I just got a set of kuhmo ecsta 195/50/15 to replace the horrible ones on it, about 2k miles ago. My question is, in your opinion, what wheel offset would be best for the closest tire/ fender flush stance while keeping from haveing to roll the fenders. I want to keep the splash shields due to the road conditions, and the mr7 offset is 35mm I believe. Thank you in advance for your response I only get to check this from my IPod at work on breaks. I work 6 days a week on 2nd.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
after looking at those mirrors on your car for a good hour I decided that I truly love the style they bring to your car, just took some time to grow on me since stock ek mirrors are my favorite for some reason.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick question regarding your suspension set up, I'm currently sitting on tein stechs. The previous owner had put eBay coilovers and I replaced them thinking the less aggressive drop wouldn't be to harsh on the shocks. I live in a country area and the road conditions can be rough in places, but the shocks are now dying on me. I found your car when I was googling eks with the type 1 set up, I wanted a lower stance without a unbearable ride. The wheels are silver 15" motegi mr7s that came on it and I just got a set of kuhmo ecsta 195/50/15 to replace the horrible ones on it, about 2k miles ago. My question is, in your opinion, what wheel offset would be best for the closest tire/ fender flush stance while keeping from haveing to roll the fenders. I want to keep the splash shields due to the road conditions, and the mr7 offset is 35mm I believe. Thank you in advance for your response I only get to check this from my IPod at work on breaks. I work 6 days a week on 2nd.
Without rolling the fenders or anything, you are stuck around a +30 - +40 range on a 7" wide wheel. The wheel width and ride height play a big part in your fitment along with the tire choice. I'm assuming you have a 7" wide wheel based off of your tire size. Use a camber kit to close the gap as much as possible so that you can be sure you won't rub on the fender edge.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! Hopefully one of these doesnt get knocked off lol.
Haha. I know right!
Lookin' good :thumbup:
Absolutely love it
Thats some clean s***! Makes me want a style like that!
Wow looks awesome!
Wow those are nice and a lot better view IMO...it's very clear.
Thanks for your feed back, and the mirrors are Very Elegant.

Where does the adjusting take place? At the mirror housing and arm rod mating area? or do you do adjust the glass itself?
at the end of the rod connecting to the carbon fiber housing. Its a pivoting point there.

after looking at those mirrors on your car for a good hour I decided that I truly love the style they bring to your car, just took some time to grow on me since stock ek mirrors are my favorite for some reason.
I feel ya. Its a big change from the large stock housings and the extended look from ctr folding mirrors. Now I need to get the rest of the car looking nice
loving the mirrors man
:thumbs up thanks

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay great! Thank you again, I should be close to my new set up within the next few weeks, I got a new front bumper cover last month and spent some of the money I was saving on a new lip before he price went up anymore, maybe I'll be able to get my cx looking half as good as yours lol, I'll post pics on a thread when I can find the time... Cx spoiler ftw lol