CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up congrats on your baby!

...yeah the wax is the same. Good old fashioned turtle wax. A pain to put on and take off, but worth it. Just installed the mirrors so ill grab some garage photos and throw em up sometime today
thanks man. mirrors look pretty good. not sure id be able to handle no electric control tho :(

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree. I absolutely hate the OEM EK mirrors. I always wished the USDM ones looked more like EG or DC mirrors.

So what's next??
Honestly, im not really sure what i want to do next. I'll just stack money a bit until something jumps out at me i guess.

thanks man. mirrors look pretty good. not sure id be able to handle no electric control tho :(
I have a CX chassis, so i had manual control to begin with. No losses on my end haha.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks super good. I'm jelly.

I think the stock mirrors on the EKs/EJs look like Dumbo ears IMO. These kick ass.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like the mirrors. I like the 6th gens stock mirrors a whole lot actually. Way more than the bubbly EG chassis mirrors. But to each his own. Car is the sex regardless, just voicing my opinion =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really like the mirrors..IMO they look better on hatches and I'm glad I stayed away from them. :thumbup:

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mirrors themselves look cool but I dunno they're a bit puny looking in the pics. Need a full front and back shot of the car with them on before formulate an opinion lol. Though stock ek mirrors do somewhat annoy me.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like the mirrors. I like the 6th gens stock mirrors a whole lot actually. Way more than the bubbly EG chassis mirrors. But to each his own. Car is the sex regardless, just voicing my opinion =)

Ikinda agree with young, from the side and rear angles the stock mirrors are tolerable, but from straight on they do give an "opie" vibe lol. I'd be scared to rock mirrors that nice cause some redneck would see them in the parking lot some where and stick them in his pocket. Then you'd see a cavalier witha fart can the next week and they'd be duct taped on.

Super_Dooper

Shes a Screamer
Looks good really clean. You do good quality work, its nice to see people who take pride and put in the effort to their car.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really like the mirrors..IMO they look better on hatches and I'm glad I stayed away from them. :thumbup:
i agree. I think its because the hatches are much smaller so things are more proportioned when using some mirrors like this

Mirrors themselves look cool but I dunno they're a bit puny looking in the pics. Need a full front and back shot of the car with them on before formulate an opinion lol. Though stock ek mirrors do somewhat annoy me.
I'll knock out some photos sometime so you can have a better look. The stock mirros just have a HUGE housing around them making them seem much bigger. Kinda like baggy clothes on a skinny kid.

I'd be scared to rock mirrors that nice cause some redneck would see them in the parking lot some where and stick them in his pocket. Then you'd see a cavalier witha fart can the next week and they'd be duct taped on.
hell, its scary to rock a civic period anywhere in the U.S. :what:

Looks good really clean. You do good quality work, its nice to see people who take pride and put in the effort to their car.
Thanks! :thumbs up

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha for real, I posted a build thread but was in a rush before work, check I out if you feel like it

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

nope you arent the only one, ive seen these for a few years and was never a fan of them. i like the stock mirrors the best lol even over ctr

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Exactly my thoughts

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope you arent the only one, ive seen these for a few years and was never a fan of them. i like the stock mirrors the best lol even over ctr
Exactly my thoughts

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk
The thing I like the most is the increased visibility and no glare. Regardless of how they look, they function great. I can see the next lane traffic out of the corner of my eye and still see the rear of that vehicle in the mirror. I think oem mirrors should come standard with a wider view.