CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:( 99% of peoples pictures don't work at work booo. I'll have to look when I get off. Until then I say get a sweet new set of rims. I haven't caught up with everything in your build just yet but I hope it's going swell aaaaaaaaaaand hello again =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont even plan to take any more pictures of this mess until i finally get some new things in. Plans for wheels, headlights, lip, and spoiler are locked in my head so time is the only thing in the way.

I did pick up some M-Audio AV40 studio monitors for my little in home setup. I love em. They are perfect in a tight spaced room.

The hatchwack

K00PA

Registered VIP
Looking good as always bro...
I know you've been itching to purchase something, but it'll all be good with time ;)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good as always bro...
I know you've been itching to purchase something, but it'll all be good with time ;)
yeah i have the itch, but mostly because of problems with the ride. Like, the headlights, one is a true OEM light, one isn't so the amber insert is different which gives off a different tint when my lights are on (bugs the s**t out of me), one headlight has a broken adjustment tab so the beam points down really bad. The wheel issue I have with the one damaged wheel is obvious. I want to replace my front bumper along with a lip since my bumper is cracked (non OEM). If it were OEM it would have just bent like a normal bumper instead of making a clean snap.

There's other details that bother me that I dont talk about. My driver's side door panel is fubar. The arm rest part is broken badly and the mounting holes for the 6 1/2 speaker were ruined when i bought the car, so you can't mount a speaker there.

my steering wheel suede is basically all gone. So i want that replaced. I want new carpet, not wasting my time shampooing it. Need new taillights.....

im a big complainer....im not happy with the ride right now

K00PA

Registered VIP
yeah i have the itch, but mostly because of problems with the ride. Like, the headlights, one is a true OEM light, one isn't so the amber insert is different which gives off a different tint when my lights are on (bugs the s*** out of me), one headlight has a broken adjustment tab so the beam points down really bad. The wheel issue I have with the one damaged wheel is obvious. I want to replace my front bumper along with a lip since my bumper is cracked (non OEM). If it were OEM it would have just bent like a normal bumper instead of making a clean snap.

There's other details that bother me that I dont talk about. My driver's side door panel is fubar. The arm rest part is broken badly and the mounting holes for the 6 1/2 speaker were ruined when i bought the car, so you can't mount a speaker there.

my steering wheel suede is basically all gone. So i want that replaced. I want new carpet, not wasting my time shampooing it. Need new taillights.....

Not being a big complainer bro, cause Im the same way! Its just all in being a perfectionist and that what makes a build good cause you know its not cookie cut like other vehicles are these days! So like I said and you pretty much already know; in time things will get better your main focus is the baby right now. I know its your passion when it comes to doing this (Including Me) but being patient is your best bet cause you've been doing good so far ;) so dont beat yourself up bro! Since I met you at EJ1squad, you've always came and finished hard, so I know this build will definitely be epic when your hands get back to getting dirty :D

How far until you have your little man in your arms?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm with you on this one. My driver's side door panel is long gone, the plastic armrest part is shattered.

Need new taillights.....
Just curious, why?

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i have the itch, but mostly because of problems with the ride. Like, the headlights, one is a true OEM light, one isn't so the amber insert is different which gives off a different tint when my lights are on (bugs the s*** out of me), one headlight has a broken adjustment tab so the beam points down really bad. The wheel issue I have with the one damaged wheel is obvious. I want to replace my front bumper along with a lip since my bumper is cracked (non OEM). If it were OEM it would have just bent like a normal bumper instead of making a clean snap.

So what you are saying is that you want to give it to me right? lol
Perhaps you should just start doing some little things to cheer you up =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How far until you have your little man in your arms?
4 weeks until the due date. :cool: but i think he's gonna come before this month is over

Just curious, why?
my passenger taillight is pushed in at the lower inside corner making the outer casing nearly separate from the rest of the light. That, and the fact that the gaskets are worthless now and allow a lil bit of water to leak in when it rains. (thats a common hatch problem) instead of new rubber gaskets, id rather get a fresh set of lights.

So what you are saying is that you want to give it to me right? lol
Perhaps you should just start doing some little things to cheer you up =)
Everything i want to do costs some big money. We have one more big hospital bill to knock out and then everything is all good. I was going to start buying this month, but then we got a call saying, "...and this is the portion the insurance doesn't cover..." :roll: so im dumping the saved cash on that.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you gonna snag carpet from stockinteriors.com? Or ball and get OEM?
Also i hope you keep the 96-98 tails!

K00PA

Registered VIP
4 weeks until the due date. :cool: but i think he's gonna come before this month is over
=) So dope!
If he comes early then that should let you know he's going to be a BAUCE! lol Man dude Im so happy for ya man and I cant wait to see him...

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

my passenger taillight is pushed in at the lower inside corner making the outer casing nearly separate from the rest of the light. That, and the fact that the gaskets are worthless now and allow a lil bit of water to leak in when it rains. (thats a common hatch problem) instead of new rubber gaskets, id rather get a fresh set of lights.

Everything i want to do costs some big money. We have one more big hospital bill to knock out and then everything is all good. I was going to start buying this month, but then we got a call saying, "...and this is the portion the insurance doesn't cover..." :roll: so im dumping the saved cash on that.
I feel ya on that man. Some things in life are more important. I'm pretty excited for you!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know I don't have to tell you but that's all the kind of stuff that comes with the territory when you're building a car that's that old. It still doesn't seem like an 6th gen is an old car to me but when you do the math…

It's easy to let that stuff bother you but it just makes it all the more satisfying when it's fixed. Just don't pull a Jezek :P

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you gonna snag carpet from stockinteriors.com? Or ball and get OEM?
Also i hope you keep the 96-98 tails!
depends on if I put in a big oem order or not at the time.

=) So dope!
If he comes early then that should let you know he's going to be a BAUCE! lol Man dude Im so happy for ya man and I cant wait to see him...
:thumbs up

I know I don't have to tell you but that's all the kind of stuff that comes with the territory when you're building a car that's that old. It still doesn't seem like an 6th gen is an old car to me but when you do the math…

It's easy to let that stuff bother you but it just makes it all the more satisfying when it's fixed. Just don't pull a Jezek :P
I knew I'd be dealing with the old worn out bits, but I want expecting to take this long to replace them all. I'm OCD about things so it's just greeting to me finally.

And that's hilarious about Jezek haha!!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey bro, don't let the little things get you down, I haven't done any mods to my hatch cause I've been paying bills and trying to stay ahead. But I can finally see the little light at the end of the tunnel. Ive learned a lot about patience from following your build, and I look up to you as an influence in mine. I haven't been into the scene as long, but I now know that quality of mods is more important than quantity. And I look to your car and style for ideas as where to go with mine. I've been holding out for f&f's this whole time, I commute 60 miles a day bouncing to work and back, I'm sure that once your healthy baby is here and you and he mrs. Take a deep breath, it won't be so bad. I could live with those little probs if my hatch WAS THAT KLEEEN YO!!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ thanks man. I can deal with the small issues in my car and all. It just sucks when someone thinks the car is nice and i'm thinking to myself, "except the damn door panel and yatta yatta" lol. Ill get over it.

Since I have had so much time, I keep finding new things to go a little bigger and better!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heck yeah dood, that's why your hatch is ballin already. I have my own list of stuff I haven't fixed yet. But next week is my last payment and I own it, first thing is the f&fs. You should help me figure out what wheels I should get...