CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

enzorubinich

do you have a write up on how to do a minor wire tuck? ive been looking around and cant find anything...i have been cleaning my bay but i want something a little more cleaner look...also is there a way to do it with OUT cutting anything or have to extend stuff???

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you going to be doing EKK1 or EKK2?
I can't decide if it's really worth swapping out my subframe to run EKK2.... I would like to run a nice intake manifold, but I also need to room in the rear for a turbo/manifold. Any insight on this?
EKK2 for me. I didnt really want to switch subframes, but after seeing nearly everyone on EKK1's switch, i figured it's gotta be worth it. Plus i want to run a RRC on a K24 (which is taller than the K20) so i need as much ground clearance and radiator clearance as i can get. The axle angle is better as well, which really comes into play with higher horsepower k swaps. So it's worth it to go EKK2, but EKK1 is fine if you keep to the basics performance wise and dont mind raising the car up a bit.

do you have a write up on how to do a minor wire tuck? ive been looking around and cant find anything...i have been cleaning my bay but i want something a little more cleaner look...also is there a way to do it with OUT cutting anything or have to extend stuff???
All of your answers should be found in this thread. It takes a bit of reading but its worth it.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1693934

And yes, you can tuck quite a bit without extending or cutting any wires. Its a tedious process but worth it in my opinion. I didnt cut anything in mine, but i did have to unwrap the factory loom in places, de-pin a clip or two, but thats about it. There is no set way to wire tuck, you simply move stuff out of view and reorganize.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kinda suspension u riding n how low?? i always see you posting on people with cs-ii im jus curious
I'm on function and form type 1 version 2. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against progress suspension, I usually speak up because some suspension setups get ragged on without any actual experience (just he say she say) an opinion without experience is pretty useless. I'm right at 3" from the ground to my jack points. I have ridden lower but this feels just right for handling and my driving style.

you'll love the k-swap..i was contemplating buying my cousin's k24 set up and putting it in my car before i sold it..here's some inspiration to follow. He's one of the ones who got me interested in building cars and has always been there to help me through mine (old car)

http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_0912_1998_honda_civic_dx/index.html
Yeah I stay lurking on k20a.org so i'm really hyped about the swap. Got 1500 towards my motor so far. I'm penny pinching whenever I can. I'm hoping my tax return will cover it with money left over.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Motor and Trans. I just want to knock out those since they are the biggest purchases besides kpro and possibly a header. I'm being lazy and trying to get an engine that I won't have to rip apart. Since tsx motors are harder to come by its going to be a lil pricey.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want a nice header with proven power. hit up the site below..the owner of the shop is a good friend of mine and stands behind his work..he's one of the best fabricators I've seen. he was the only person i trusted with my old car and the only person i'd trust with any of my cars. if you do decide to go through him let me know and i'll talk to him about getting you a friends price =)

http://aspheaders.com/

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want a nice header with proven power. hit up the site below..the owner of the shop is a good friend of mine and stands behind his work..he's one of the best fabricators I've seen. he was the only person i trusted with my old car and the only person i'd trust with any of my cars. if you do decide to go through him let me know and i'll talk to him about getting you a friends price =)

http://aspheaders.com/
Thanks :cool: I was looking into his headers. The welds are seemless from what i've seen others post and they lay down some good power. I was hoping the K-tuned ram header would put down decent numbers for the price but it doesn't seem like it'll be worth it.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you wont be disappointed with Stefan's products, he takes his time to make it perfect..he is a perfectionist, so much that he basically only does headers now.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are you broke? Get some sort of update going!

J/K hows that sarcasm for ya? I enjoyed it in my thread

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you broke? Get some sort of update going!

J/K hows that sarcasm for ya? I enjoyed it in my thread
hahaha thats excellent.....and i ordered a couple of things today....and thinking about ordering a thing or two more :shock: !!!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha thats excellent.....and i ordered a couple of things today....and thinking about ordering a thing or two more :shock: !!!
you make me want to order parts, and i dont even have parts to order. mine are waiting in a friends garage lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you make me want to order parts, and i dont even have parts to order. mine are waiting in a friends garage lol
haha do it, just buy s**t!!! lol

3 Things ordered, nothing too fancy. Lets see if they can arrive by friday...hmmm

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha do it, just buy s***!!! lol

3 Things ordered, nothing too fancy. Lets see if they can arrive by friday...hmmm
when you have money its so hard to stay focused! i always find all the good deals when its not what i want at the moment.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I could be ordering car parts :( I never rolled around this plain for so long. I feel...gasp* normal haha

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, i figured i might as well knock out some of the little odds and ends that have been bothering me.

so i ordered, a hood latch, front grill bumper clips and brackets, front license plate nut, rear license plate grommets and self tapping screws, heater duct (since i have a/c removed), oem bumper clips, reel assymbly to neatly wire my horn with the quick release (got damaged on the initial install), a/c firewall grommet, engine harness grommet, and passenger and driver side headlight harness grommets.

only other tid bits that bother me would be my drivers side door panel and the rear deck lid that i dont have.

and now i wait for the delivery guys......:sleep:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ugh....a lil bummed out.

I had ordered an authentic Spoon Sports wing from Evasive Motorsports but they are back-ordered. The next one due in isn't until March. =( I went ahead and cancelled the order. Hopefully i can find one elsewhere with a proper price tag on it

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn :(
I probably would have left my order though, at least until I found one somewhere else.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow your gonna have some nice legit stuff coming in! Why dont you buy things like axles, mounts, shifter box, all that odd stuff?

after all you are waiting for tax return money!