CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

xHanzJay

Lulzaflopter
lol holy lord spoon wiper blades... and "brade" is classic hahahaha..

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Are the wipers worth the price? Aren't they around $150? I'm all for balling parts, but I can't see the price being worth it.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the wiper blade :thumbup:

Been meaning to ask about the mirrors, you got those from Japan right? In North America our right hand side mirrors, objects appear closer than they are. How will that work for your situation with Japanese mirror on Usdm car. This question can apply to any Jdm mirror being put on a Usdm car.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Been meaning to ask about the mirrors, you got those from Japan right? In North America our right hand side mirrors, objects appear closer than they are. How will that work for your situation with Japanese mirror on Usdm car. This question can apply to any Jdm mirror being put on a Usdm car.
on these style mirrors, they have the same magnification on both sides, my old apr mirrors were that way, it takes a little while to get used to but so much better

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
If you get mirrors that are different magnification they are pretty much useless. I had a set of Garnador S14 mirrors planning to get one and ended up selling them. The buyer put them on his car and they were useless.

xHanzJay

Lulzaflopter
If you get mirrors that are different magnification they are pretty much useless. I had a set of Garnador S14 mirrors planning to get one and ended up selling them. The buyer put them on his car and they were useless.
trim/modify USDM mirrors to fit the JDM shape? lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are the wipers worth the price? Aren't they around $150? I'm all for balling parts, but I can't see the price being worth it.
I got them from an official Spoon distributor so that cuts the cost a lot and I had it shipped direct from TypeOne to my door. With PayPal fees and the transaction I barely broke 100 USD lol. It's a ripoff from ICB motorsports or anyone with a high list price. They are trying to make their money back as a business which is understandable, but sometimes it's not worth it.

I agree the price for these is still a bit much for a wiper, but it's no different than a shiny oil cap lol

My mirrors aren't car specific mirrors and like buzzbombtom said, they have the same magnification on both sides. Getting used to them was easy for me becasue they have a much wider view than stock so I don't have to lean and bend and look back and forth to see traffic. I can see the tail end of a car in my mirror and the front of the same car in my peripheral at the same time. These are also Japanese safety standard size so they have bigger glass than an APR mirror or First Molding.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I agree the price for these is still a bit much for a wiper, but it's no different than a shiny oil cap lol
When you put it that way it makes more sense. $120 for my oil cap is a little outrageous, but to me it's worth it. I guess it's just that wipers wear down.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you put it that way it makes more sense. $120 for my oil cap is a little outrageous, but to me it's worth it. I guess it's just that wipers wear down.
With these, yes the blades wear down, but the other spoon section is detachable.

SiR.Huey

Is that supposed to say spoon sports wiper "Brade" or blade? ill do research on it but it caught my eye. Haha. It's a wind deflector thing to help keep the blades on the window at high speeds right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that supposed to say spoon sports wiper "Brade" or blade? ill do research on it but it caught my eye. Haha. It's a wind deflector thing to help keep the blades on the window at high speeds right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's just a English translation spelled how it's pronounced, and that's the theory behind their function but I'm sure I won't really be taking advantage of that. I first saw these when I went to japan on the type one s2000 race car and the crz racer. I got them since I finally could and because I don't know of anyone else with them and becasue Spoon lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey after you started driving in your buddy club seat did it "conform" to you and fit you better? Mine is really tight across my shoulders and under my arm pits. The waist is fine but it feels like the set is pushing me out up top.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey after you started driving in your buddy club seat did it "conform" to you and fit you better? Mine is really tight across my shoulders and under my arm pits. The waist is fine but it feels like the set is pushing me out up top.
No it doesn't really conform over time, but it does have a lot fo flex compared to higher end seats. Our body sizes are much different too though. I'm much higher up in the seat since i'm taller, so I dont have that problem.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man, i appreciate it!

:thumbs up

K-Tuned has stepped up for me in a major way for me ever since I got my hands on their Race Spec shifter cables, which actually was an unexpected experience, but i'm very grateful. The good guys at K-tuned hooked me up with a raw high flow fuel rail, #1 of only 5, and they took the time to get it to me the way I wanted and with the connections i preferred. Top notch service!

The K-Tuned raw rail vs. Hybrid-racing rail

This thing is quite beefy in comparison :thumbs up

The raw rail idea came up when I asked about having a polished rail catered to my swap. After them seeing what I did with their RSX billet shifter, they pulled the triggered and hooked me up. So of course I threw some shine on it

The solo cam bay is starting to get ripped apart to ease the swap day drama of parts removal

There was plenty splatter and gunk around, so I went to wash up afterwards.

Powder coated goodies headed my way thanks to K-N-2-EK Alex!!! I'll of course throw some detailed pics up in due time.

"what's left for the swap?" RSX-S O2 sensor, will be provided by AutoFair Honda K parts, and an exhaust. I'll also be buying more tools to complete the swap myself
Now are you keeping the Ex cluster as posted on pg. 1 in your mods list or what's your plan for that?[/QUOTE]

Good lord. I fell asleep for a few years, and I come back to a comeback like this. This car is beautiful. And the swap is flawless. I'm jealous. :oops:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good lord. I fell asleep for a few years, and I come back to a comeback like this. This car is beautiful. And the swap is flawless. I'm jealous. :oops:
Thanks!!! means a lot from with your flawless builds :drive:
you'd better! I wanna see this thing
:( the car isn't going to make it out there. I'll be there doing some photo and video coverage though. I was expecting to receive some other parts along with the powder coated pieces and didn't find out that I wouldn't be getting them until my last package arrived without them :roll: That killed a months time and money due to ordering eye candy for the car. I have too many little details that I don't want to skip over just to get it to Wekfest

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're almost there... it's gonna be crazy!!

NeonCivicEK

The Civic Whore
Wow Took me two days to read this whole thread XD Sucks about the hatch bro was looking purdy, your new sedan is coming along well too, subscribed! also your clean engine bays made me spend my weekend cleaning mine and polishing every aluminum peice XD