CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In for boost.
:cool:
Wow man. That is great stuff bro. I'm glade to see the results you can get just from small upgrades on a stock long block. This is why I'm to going k series. Huge gains with small changes. Much respect bro.
Yeah man. I can't wait until I can get started on the boost stuff. The motor will stay internally stock and JTran and myself have narrowed it down to a GT30R or Precision 5858, so we should make some respectable power with turbo too. I'm still sorting out all those details though.

These engines are wicked with the right combo of parts. Only a few people caught on that all my mods were midrange performers. They just so happened to not hurt the top end much. I prefer this setup because I make over 200whp past 5500 rpm all the way to 8100+. Most setups with a similar 230whp peak only make that power at their highest rpm and make a lot less at only 500-1000rpm below that. We're trying to tailor the turbo setup to make power in a similar fashion.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go 6262! You will spool that easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's no need to go that big and lose power down low and pick up on the top end (comparing the 6262 to the gt3076r and 5858, spoolin won't be a problem period). We're going for more of a plateau of power rather than linear. I'm not building the motor and only wanting around 450whp. A 6262 would be far more than I need for my goals.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's no need to go that big and lose power down low and pick up on the top end (comparing the 6262 to the gt3076r and 5858, spoolin won't be a problem period). We're going for more of a plateau of power rather than linear. I'm not building the motor and only wanting around 450whp. A 6262 would be far more than I need for my goals.

Oh nevermind then, I thought I read before that you wanted to build the motor

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh nevermind then, I thought I read before that you wanted to build the motor

Yeah, I wanted to build a second motor on the side but it would be NA. I want to push the current tsx with all oem internals.

Haven't been doing much besides seizing my drivers side axle and I recently ordered some prothane bushings for my steering rack since one is pretty soft and started to work it's way out.

Some photos because Mayweather can't read

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is wekfest date officially on the 19th or nah?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is wekfest date officially on the 19th or nah?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
yup it's the 19th from 1 to 6. I'll be doing some coverage this time.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Threw in some prothane bushingsin my steering rack.

Random photo of nothing

And one more

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This should help with the final touches on tightening everything up down there, I know your rack is fairly new, but it wouldnt hurt to double check if you wanted to be sure.

http://www.civicforumz.com/civic-diy-tutorials-info-13/d-i-y-loose-sloppy-steering-adjusting-your-steering-rack-170271
Steering isn't loose or sloppy though. Issues stem from other things. My passenger axle is being replaced soon, and my rear mount bracket is getting replaced and some new hardware since I have a stripped bolt.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bad-ass car! Child :thumbup:
Thanks man! So much motivation after this weekends Wekfest event. The quality of cars was ridiculous.

couple of recent pics of the car

Genyc07

Man CHILD this is a fantastic build. I've always heard there's no replacement for displacement. If you were to do another k swap would u use the 24 or would you opt for a different donor?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man CHILD this is a fantastic build. I've always heard there's no replacement for displacement. If you were to do another k swap would u use the 24 or would you opt for a different donor?
Definitely a K24 bottom end. I chose the 06-08 model tsx K24a2 because it's the most potent with OEM internals. If I were to build an engine, I'd use a K24 block and K20 ported head. The torque from the K24 blocks is worth every penny.

Genyc07

That's what I was thinking myself. 205 hp out the box with a six speed in my 2000 coupe is sick. I am looking to do a solid rebuild on used engine that I will hopefully find this winter. I'm a big fan of doing thing right the first time and I'm sure if I went bswap is be mad I didn't buck up for the k. My concerns are the shifter location and the hood closing. I thought I read those two things can cause issues. Also did u loose ac or any accessories. This will be a daiy driver for me and I don't want to loose any of the comfort features in my ride.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what I was thinking myself. 205 hp out the box with a six speed in my 2000 coupe is sick. I am looking to do a solid rebuild on used engine that I will hopefully find this winter. I'm a big fan of doing thing right the first time and I'm sure if I went bswap is be mad I didn't buck up for the k. My concerns are the shifter location and the hood closing. I thought I read those two things can cause issues. Also did u loose ac or any accessories. This will be a daiy driver for me and I don't want to loose any of the comfort features in my ride.
I daily drive mine, but I chose to take out my creature comforts. You can do the swap and keep A/C and power steering, it'll just take some extra steps to keep them. As far as the hood closing, that depends on the engine mounts you use and/or how you mount the engine. Hasport has the best mounts. I'm using Hasport EKK2 mounts and I have my k24 on the lower setting which allows me to close my hood like normal. No cutting, no tilted hood or anything.

Mounting the shifter leaves you with a few options. Stock shifters, bolt in shifters, and the rsx billet shifter can each be mounted a little different and cables can be ran under the car or through the firewall if you want.