Chris is back.

EM1_Chris

5+ Year Member
Sweet EM1 man! I also have an FBP and I myself am very OCD lol. I like your approach on how you mod your cars.

Quick question about your old E92. How was the car in terms on reliability, daily driveability, gas mileage, affordability etc.? I am thinking of getting one in a couple years, or a E90 sedan. I have heard mixed reviews on E90 post about both cars but, I want to get your take on it since you have went from Hondas to a M3, then back to Hondas.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That thing needs a good clay bar and waxing...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All that planning and prepping paid off. Good work!

I'll likely use your template when I do my side markers. Are yours wired up to just illuminate or blink with your blinkers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sweet EM1 man! I also have an FBP and I myself am very OCD lol. I like your approach on how you mod your cars.

Quick question about your old E92. How was the car in terms on reliability, daily driveability, gas mileage, affordability etc.? I am thinking of getting one in a couple years, or a E90 sedan. I have heard mixed reviews on E90 post about both cars but, I want to get your take on it since you have went from Hondas to a M3, then back to Hondas.
Thank you man. I think I remember your name from when I was posting on here back in 08 and 09.

I only owned the car for 8 months, but in that time I had no problems. I didn't drive it everyday either, because I have that red 97 civic. I drove it maybe once or twice a week.

Some refer to the M3 as a really nice "daily driver" rather than a fun weekend car.

Gas mileage was about 14 in the city and 21 on the highway, but that's what you get for owning a V8 powerhouse. If you are going to own a car like the M3, you shouldn't have be worried about gas mileage IMO. I didn't have to do any maintenance either, but I know that everything is very expensive. Even if you buy all the parts from the dealer for an oil change, it's still about $130.

I would like to own another one maybe when I get older, but right now I need to focus on other priorities. Me and my g/f are moving into our own place next month so I needed to free up some money. I am thankful for the opportunity to own such an amazing car.

That thing needs a good clay bar and waxing...
man....look at all my cars I've owned. They are all always bright and clean. I will get around to it...I have only had the car for a month.

Car. Looks. Amazing!!! We have to meet up this summer!
I'm sure I will be up that way, we definitely will. Are you going to look for another EM1?

All that planning and prepping paid off. Good work!

I'll likely use your template when I do my side markers. Are yours wired up to just illuminate or blink with your blinkers?

Thanks =) Since I am not a JDM fan boy mine are wired to blink only when the turn signal is on. That's how the S2000 comes, so I went based off of that.

Good job on the sidemarkers. I hate the randomly placed ones.
Same here man...I've seen ones that are wayyyyyy up near the top of the fender and I'm thinking....WTF were you thinking bro? LMAO

I've turned quite OCD the last couple of years, so I had to make sure I did it 100% perfect. I think the fact that I was able to own a pair of genuine CTR fenders in the past helped me in picking the perfect place to cut. I wish everyone did their small projects properly, but everyone these days just doesn't care about the small details like some of us...

EM1_Chris

5+ Year Member
Thank you man. I think I remember your name from when I was posting on here back in 08 and 09.

I only owned the car for 8 months, but in that time I had no problems. I didn't drive it everyday either, because I have that red 97 civic. I drove it maybe once or twice a week.

Some refer to the M3 as a really nice "daily driver" rather than a fun weekend car.

Gas mileage was about 14 in the city and 21 on the highway, but that's what you get for owning a V8 powerhouse. If you are going to own a car like the M3, you shouldn't have be worried about gas mileage IMO. I didn't have to do any maintenance either, but I know that everything is very expensive. Even if you buy all the parts from the dealer for an oil change, it's still about $130.

I would like to own another one maybe when I get older, but right now I need to focus on other priorities. Me and my g/f are moving into our own place next month so I needed to free up some money. I am thankful for the opportunity to own such an amazing car.
Thanks for the insight/thoughts on the M3. It helps me understand the cost of ownership better.

Are you getting amber or clear side-markers for the EM1?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the insight/thoughts on the M3. It helps me understand the cost of ownership better.

Are you getting amber or clear side-markers for the EM1?
No problem man, you can find high mileage 08's and 09's now for under 40k so they are definitely affordable. Hell, I sold my 09 M3 for $39,5xx and it had 50k on it.

If you are familiar with working on cars I'd recommend doing everything maintenance related yourself. All the basic stuff seemed pretty easy when I was looking into it.

I also read on the forums that the S65 engine was one of the most reliable engines BMW was using currently. Not too many people had crazy issues. As long as your take care of the car then it will take care of you, you know? Especially when it's a high end car.

I ordered amber side markers. When I had the S2000, I changed out the OEM amber ones for the OEM CR clear side markers. I ended up changing them back to amber not too long after. Not a fan of clear side markers. Even if they are OEM, it just seems too "aftermarket" for me.

Great progress bro car is looking good keep up the good work
Thanks a lot dude!!! Thanks for reading =)

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I agree with you about the clear side markers. It's like altezza tail lights. Lol

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Exactly!! It's kinda ricey in a way. I mean everyone is going to have their own opinion but I think amber is just a better looking OEM color. The only time no amber is okay is on oem CTR headlights and 99-00 taillights =)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi Chris, Your hand-drawn sketch inspired my to create this CAD Drawing. My dimensions are close to what you came up with. I used the image of your Ek to create this. I also added two dimensions from center of wheel to center of marker. I figured that if the picture was scaled 1:1 it would give pretty accurate dimensions - I scaled your image by scaling your wheel to size(15" Dia.)

Attachments

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have got way too much time on your hands...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have got way too much time on your hands...
I love CAD. :D

Edit:
and it took me less then an hour to do that. could of been less too but i added the head light and bumper lol

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love CAD. :D

Edit:
and it took me less then an hour to do that. could of been less too but i added the head light and bumper lol
Me too. Was that just done on AutoCAD or do you use something else?

I'm a big fan of 3D CAD programs, those are a lot of fun.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ordered amber side markers. When I had the S2000, I changed out the OEM amber ones for the OEM CR clear side markers. I ended up changing them back to amber not too long after. Not a fan of clear side markers. Even if they are OEM, it just seems too "aftermarket" for me.

=)

feels appropriate to leave this little picture of mine here! :thumbup::D

BTW Chris I shed some more light regarding the CTR mirrors I have...check my build thread again and I hope that helps you!

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hi Chris, Your hand-drawn sketch inspired my to create this CAD Drawing. My dimensions are close to what you came up with. I used the image of your Ek to create this. I also added two dimensions from center of wheel to center of marker. I figured that if the picture was scaled 1:1 it would give pretty accurate dimensions - I scaled your image by scaling your wheel to size(15" Dia.)
wow that is pretty cool man. I have never heard of that program, but after checking out what you did my interest is definitely peaked. I guess I was pretty close then with my measurements!

feels appropriate to leave this little picture of mine here! :thumbup::D

BTW Chris I shed some more light regarding the CTR mirrors I have...check my build thread again and I hope that helps you!
That's a great picture man! I will check out your post thanks!! =)

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Me too. Was that just done on AutoCAD or do you use something else?

I'm a big fan of 3D CAD programs, those are a lot of fun.
Me three! CAD is by far the most fun thing besides cars and video games to me. AutoCAD 2013 FTW!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ NICE!

wow that is pretty cool man. I have never heard of that program, but after checking out what you did my interest is definitely peaked. I guess I was pretty close then with my measurements!

That's a great picture man! I will check out your post thanks!! =)
What you did was very impressive! The drawing i created is still not thee exact location though(it was just a little something for reference.),IMO only Honda knows that.