civhatch92's low budget dd hatch

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Most of you know me from my previous build thread of my 1992 Frost White Turbo eg hatch:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=165564

Welcome to my SECOND 1992 honda civic hatchback dx build thread!

I've had this Tahitian Green Pearl shell sitting in my garage for the last 3 years or so. My intentions were to rebuild the entire body and swap my motor from my other hatch into it. When my motor blew in my other hatch I just rebuilt the entire car since I knew it would be down for awhile... so now I'm left with this shell STILL sitting in my garage.

At last I decided that I should just throw it together and use it as a daily driver. Aiming to spend less than $1200 in parts on this build since I'm cheap and may encounter some troubles with employment in the near future.

Current Budget of Items Purchased:
D16Z6 motor+trans $425
P28 ECU $100
Steelies $24
Rear hatch $30
Mirrors $20
Front Bumper $20
Camber kit $89.85
Denji headlights + HID kit $170
-----------------------------------------------------
Total: $878.85

Plans:

D16Z6 swap
lower on ebay s***-coils (already on car)
rock steelies hardcore
front lip
cd player
fog lights
possibly some mud guards
drive it!

To recap from what I've posted in my other thread:

Picked up a rear hatch from some kid the other weekend for $30. It's not in bad shape, but has some paint run spots and chips here/there. I'm probably just going to keep it the way it is.. since this isn't a show car!

I sold a door to a fellow member on here and then used that money to go and purchase some mirrors and a front bumper for $40. Too bad someone had rattle canned the entire bumper, ugh I f**king hate sanding!

The car was on the ground before a few weeks ago, but I put the front back up on stands because I've been working on getting the brakes done.

UPS should be arriving at my house any day now with a package or two.. I'll keep you fools updated :D

WBJ

Registered VIP
You have quite the project here. And IMO the "drive it" part is the most awesome.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You have quite the project here. And IMO the "drive it" part is the most awesome.
Thanks; this is NOTHING compared to my last project! Can't wait to get this done and drive it every day.. I'm so sick of driving an automatic 1999 mercury tracer.. which is a purple color ugh.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from the ground up....that's the only way to build em. Ill be anxiously checking for new posts

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
from the ground up....that's the only way to build em. Ill be anxiously checking for new posts
I'll be keeping an eye on your build thread as well , considering your last one was siiiiick; I'm sure this one will be epic as well. Just don't make me want an EK too much, because I can't afford another project. hah .

UPDATE:

No one bothered to tell me a package arrived for me today.. found out it came when I checked my email and saw that it was delivered. Ran downstairs and there it was ready to be opened... damnit I LOVE when parts arrive!

pictaaarrrrrsssssss:

Adjustable camber

Rear toe adjustable

Helllllllllllll yeah it's all purple :lol:
I needed this camber kit as the front tires sit squatted waaay to much even without the car being UBER slammed. Hopefully going to install this weekend if possible and maybe get the car back on the ground so I can snap a pic or two for ya'll.

Still waiting on another package to be shipped..

Trip to the junkyard this weekend possibly as well to pick up some bolts/odds and ends.

Stay tuned!

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
ooooh very nice ;) i like the parts u recieved, whats on the way? oh and when you go to the junkyard wanna pick up the bolt for the lca that holds the strut for me? jkjk, im liking the pics they look really good with your editing.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ooooh very nice ;) i like the parts u recieved, whats on the way? oh and when you go to the junkyard wanna pick up the bolt for the lca that holds the strut for me? jkjk, im liking the pics they look really good with your editing.
Thanks man.. you'll find out what the other parts are as soon as they come. I like to keep things secret ;)
I might have one of those bolts laying around somewhere.. I've got several bins of random bolts/nuts I'm using to piece this one back together.

UPDATE:

Spent the better part of the evening with this bad boy:

That's right, front bumper; round 2... GO!

The front grill is going to be a pain in the ass to sand considering I'm going to have to do it by hand. Debating on fog lights, so then I won't have to sand ALL of the two side grill parts.. I'm sure I'll just throw the cash out for the fogs eventually, but right now I need to focus on the main body stuff (finding fenders) and getting the wiring in the engine bay sorted out. The previous owner just dropped the motor out of the bottom and cut all the wires off on the wrong side of the connector.. so I need to rewire them all to a connector.. greeeeeeat. My dad's a whiz with this stuff, so hopefully we get it figured out and I can get the motor install under way.

rayej8

5+ Year Member
wow second build huh im in for a journey on this one
loved ur white hatch build cant wait to see wat this one comes out lookin
jus been inspired to finish my lsv ive been holdin out since november thanks man
keep up the good work!!!

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow second build huh im in for a journey on this one
loved ur white hatch build cant wait to see wat this one comes out lookin
jus been inspired to finish my lsv ive been holdin out since november thanks man
keep up the good work!!!
Thank's for the positive interest man! It's difficult to finish a build sometimes.. with money and loosing interest and what not from time to time. This build isn't going to be ANYWHERE near what my white hatch was.. basically just throwing a daily together and figured I would show you guys some pics along the way.

rayej8

5+ Year Member
Thank's for the positive interest man! It's difficult to finish a build sometimes.. with money and loosing interest and what not from time to time. This build isn't going to be ANYWHERE near what my white hatch was.. basically just throwing a daily together and figured I would show you guys some pics along the way.
yea man totally understand bills crept up on me and my mindset was on payin those bills not finishing the lsv now jus piecing it together got some pr3 pistons and im off will make a thread soon lik my sig says 230whp or bust hahaha ;)
but keep up the good work....the white hatch was probably the best write up ive seen so far

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Update:

Headed to the junkyard over the weekend and managed to pick up a few parts actually for once! Still NO luck on fenders though, so I'm still kinda bummer about that. Fenders are the last major body pieces I need for the car and I'm having the hardest time trying to find some for what I see as a decent price.

Now the pics:

Complete set of front splash shields for the front fender wells and under the bumper:

Mirrors, could use some paint on the back sides.. but whatever:

Exhaust header+heat shield:

MINT cluster bezel with vents:

Black glovebox:

COMPLETE air intake chamber assembly (minus the piece that goes into the intake throttle body.. I already have that!)

Busted out my favorite cleaning agent and did some washing of the parts.

Didn't manage to take anymore pics of the parts clean.. because well, they look the same just a bit cleaner.
I did tackle the front end and got the brakes all hooked up, installed the front camber kit and got one of the rear toe controls installed. Hoping to finish the last toe control this week so the suspension will be complete. Found some bolts and put the front bumper support beam back on as well (can't see it in the pics really.)

I promised a pic of the car on the ground, so here we go finally:

THAT'S RIGHT... I GOT ONE DOOR ON! Too bad the other door I have isn't painted (it's all sanded down because I was going to use it on my other build but changed my mind.. ugh) Two more random shots of my two civics chilling.

^Holy bugs on the front bumper I know.. desperately need to wash my white hatch!

Still waiting on that UPS truck... and getting ready to hopefully order some other stuff..

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAUUUUUUHHHHHH

Another of your threads!!!
Can't wait to see this.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
simple green owns!

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
i have a 94 civic dx coupe that i am completely gutting this weekend to take the shell to the scrap yard. So ill sell you the wire harness off it if you want it so you wont have to splice anything. It should work shouldn't it they didn't change the harness from in these well if it will and you want it Pm me and ill give u my number to contact me.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Update:

Gauge cluster installed along with the new bezel:

Also started to clean up the dash since it had a whole lot of dust/dirt and crap all over it..

Just a pic of the ECU

Started to tackle the last toe control:

Oh wait, what's this..

Yep, snapped the head off... damn you old suspension bolts. I hate when this happens, ugh. Going out of town for the weekend, so no updates until next week perhaps. STILL waiting on a package.. seller has been having some other stuff to deal with and got my address wrong. it'll get taken care of, I have faith in him!