civhatch92's low budget dd hatch

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, if I had to do that stuff to my engine, it would be in my small 10 ft garage with s**t laying all around and it's not fun.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks like your moving along there, I know how hectic daily life can be, it's had to get time with the car when other things seem to occupy your time, glwb!
Definitely man.. keep on keeping on!

I know what you mean on the automatic. My dad keeps saying that once I learn stick i won't like it and i'll stick with the autotragic. Anyways, damn, your garage is sick. So that's what was hiding behind those 500 cars out front of your house haha. When i was there, I was like wtf is this? haha. I might see you tomorrow night to pick the bumper up, you got any other hatch parts I might be interested in?
Well my dad's a mechanic, so we've always got lots of cars around being worked on.. and with our family being a family of 5 and each of us having at LEAST 1 car each... yeah that makes a bunch of cars.

I wish i had a garage to rip into my engine
Sure does help! ;)

UPDATE:

Got the oil pan gasket slapped on and threw the oil pan back on, whoop cross that off the list as complete!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh I see. I said you must have like 5-6 people living there.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I knew u would be making a build for this. Ill be tuned in!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sucks about fenders dude. I am probably gonna have to buy two also, cause mine are pushed in from the accident so the corner lights don't sit right. I might just try to bend them though. The hood also doesn't sit flushed 'cause they're pushed down. Hopefully you'll find a good deal on fenders. I wanna see this thing moving.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sucks about fenders dude. I am probably gonna have to buy two also, cause mine are pushed in from the accident so the corner lights don't sit right. I might just try to bend them though. The hood also doesn't sit flushed 'cause they're pushed down. Hopefully you'll find a good deal on fenders. I wanna see this thing moving.
I really hate having to buy them brand new.. I'd like to save up money so I can purchase an EP3 eventually for a daily. If your fenders are too beat they definitely won't sit right with the corners, that's the worst part about fitment.. fenders/hood/corners will never fit right if something is bent!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, tell me about it. I might be screwed with this support and might have to scrap the $150 to get a new rad support and have someone drill the welds out and spot weld the new one in, 'cause bending this f**ker back into place is hard as hell. I'm surprised my headlights are still semi straight. My corners slide into the headlight slot, but getting the rods into the fender is a b***h, and it just looks funky.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah, tell me about it. I might be screwed with this support and might have to scrap the $150 to get a new rad support and have someone drill the welds out and spot weld the new one in, 'cause bending this f***er back into place is hard as hell. I'm surprised my headlights are still semi straight. My corners slide into the headlight slot, but getting the rods into the fender is a b****, and it just looks funky.
It shouldn't be too bad to drill out the spot welds on the support actually.. you just have to find them all and go to town with some good drill bits, then some hammering to break it all apart.. then just have someone spot weld it back in and your set!

UPDATE:

Put the motor back on the stand so I could push it around my garage away from my precious white civic... s**t scares me when the motor is hanging from the ceiling a few feet from my other hatch :shock:

Cleaned out some of the garage today for a bit.. so I can get the green hatch out through the other garage door once the time comes to put the motor in. No pics, and nothing else new yet.. I just want this done!!!!!!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah haha. I guess. Idk. We'll see how it goes down the road.

Yeah, keep it away from the sexy hatch. It would suck if it fell on top of it, haha. I wanna see this motor in the green hatch though.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just got word today that my contract for my job is up on September 6th and there are NO positions that they can place me into in a different laboratory. I'm going to be unemployed... FML. :thumb down

I did place an order last night for parts though, just two things and not too expensive (NO they're not fenders)

BLAH!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As long as you get unemployment, better than nothing...:what:

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude, that sucks so much.
:word: So lame, I hate this economy.

As long as you get unemployment, better than nothing...:what:
Heh I suppose so, but I really want to try and find another job ASAP. I absolutely HATE sitting around the house bumming with no job and having little money.

I'm going to try and keep this build moving, I don't really need much more in the way of parts, so the lack of funds shouldn't slow me down too much.. hopefully. Basically it's time for some good ole' do it yourself, get your hands dirty manual labor!

I have started to prep the drivers door and front bumper, as they both need some bondo work. No pics yet, but perhaps by the end of the week.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've did some bondo work on the doors and roof of my car, however that was because before I bought the car, we used the bondo to fill the side molding slots in. :/

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
UPDATE:

Skipping out on Honda Day 2011 this year to work on my car a bit.

Trying to keep this alive, UPS came and dropped off some parts!

Vision amber corner lenses and EG Fog light kit:

Started trimming up the bumper for the fog lights.. got the majority of it done but there needs to be some adjustments before final install.. the front covers don't seem to mount right so I'll look in to that at a later time.

Seal on the shift linkage coming out of the trans tends to leak so I wanted to replace it.. turns out they gave me the wrong seal.

Also picked up the axle seals that go into the transmission, since the old ones didn't look like they were in the best of shape.

Put the new oil filter on.. no oil yet though, since the motors going to be moving all around when I install it.

Plans were to actually get the motor into the engine bay TODAY, before I go on vacation next week. Forgot I still had to hook up the steering column to the rack inside the car. So the car still sits the same without the motor.

UPS should also be bringing another package, I just placed an order last night =]

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I absolutely love ur safety glasses pictures!