Civic Si Vs Solara

RedCivicSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright who do you think would win cause i have intake exhaust an vafc tuned against prob a stock solara v6 when i looked at it....? doubt he has anything done to it and he claims it has like 240hp and i said yeah right......he said he prob could beat me and i said to put money on that..... but anyways what do you guys think

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic si > solara

if the solara is a v6 stick and with a good driver, you will probably win by 1-2 cars. i was at a toyota dealership couple weeks ago, i know the new ones are 225hp i think.. i older solara were barely over 200. but the solara should be hitting high 15s in the 1/4. if you run on the freeway.. the solara will win in the long run..

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What year Solara does he have?

2004 Solara

2.4-liter DOHC
16-valve VVT-i 4-cylinder
157 hp @ 5,600 rpm
162 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm Standard Standard Standard

3.3-liter DOHC
24-valve VVT-i V6
225 hp @ 5,600 rpm
240 lb.-ft. @ 3,600 rpm

Last edited:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just race him and find out

RedCivicSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i believe it is a 99' 00' but yeah i was just going to race him.... he pissed me off by just coming up to me at lunch asking what i had done and talking to me like i didnt know how much hp intake exhaust gives me f**king kid i should of beat this s**t out of him

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SE 2.2 inline four with 135 horsepower,

SE V6 3.3 200 horsepower

Race him regardless..

spursfan

4LOOKS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
arent those Solaros heavy?

your cars got to be quicker

taneski

LOZANI
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
race him its a toyota dude and there heavy as f**k i know a guy in my town that has one

just like my friends nissan skyline r33 that he just got its 325hp but its pretty heavy it doesnt feel like your going fastgood acceleration but.

If you know you can beat him race for cash and if you win bash the fu***r as well

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
race him and tell us what happened

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k that faget. blow his mind out. i raced a f**kin toyota coralla tonite mad drunk. smoked him. lol

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ Right, the new (03-04) Solaras have 225 HP and 240 ft. lbs. It gets to 60 in 6.9 seconds. They have a 5-speed manumatic. My brother used to work at a Toyota dealership. He kinda stole one and brought it home. It still had the plastic s**t all in the interior. He let me drive it. They do have some pick up but they are fat and ugly as dog s**t. The seats are uncomfortable as hell. It is very possible for the guy to have 240 horsepower in his. I wouldn't doubt it. But IMO, I suggest you smoke him ;)

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the 00 solora's do a low 7 - 0-60 and a mid 15 in the 1/4, about the same as an 00 Si does. if ur a good driver ull kick ass...but if u do lose just tell him that u got 160hp 4 banger against his 225hp v6 and u still were like a fender behind him. and his car is still a soccer moms car

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just looked it up...
99 solara 0-60 7.1 1/4 in 15.6
00 si 0-60 7.2 1/4 in 15.7
so yea, u definatly can beat him cuz of ur mods and if ur a good driver

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RedCivicSi said:
Alright who do you think would win cause i have intake exhaust an vafc tuned against prob a stock solara v6 when i looked at it....? doubt he has anything done to it and he claims it has like 240hp and i said yeah right......he said he prob could beat me and i said to put money on that..... but anyways what do you guys think
depends... are you any good at racing? 'cause as long as you can launch and don't f**k up your shifting you should be able to hang with him

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Solara is pretty heavy. It's essentially a coupe built on a Sedan chassis. If the Solara is an auto i'm going with the Si for the win.

Then again, my Eclipse is essentially a coupe built on a sedan chassis....granted it's still lighter than a Solara...but I still beat an Si.

Yeah, f**k it...I say Si wins.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
Holy old post batman!
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know, my friend has a solara, and we didn't actually race, but it was pretty quick! His has 200hp. ugly though, but it is quick, you're not going to stomp all over him. He may win. I'm not sure I could beat him with my stock si.