Civic Si

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad, where are you at in Ohio? I've got a catback for sale in pretty good shape for a 96-00 EX Civic. I think it would just be a bit too long on the SI.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you do go the painting route I had rims that were in worse condition. Self etching primer and whatever color you want will work. If you want them polished again just sand them and clear them.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys! I'll probably have to wait until next weekend to do them, but after I'm done I'll put some pictures up.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I believe this is the type of spoiler I want to get. The lower spoiler with only two points of contact. Just don't know if I really want to drill into my trunk...

Edit: Color needed is black

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got the same spoiler on my car, yup i had to drill a few holes. but if dont plan on taking it off, then do it. also, there is an Si spoiler too, its a bit taller. it looks ok.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got the same spoiler on my car, yup i had to drill a few holes. but if dont plan on taking it off, then do it. also, there is an Si spoiler too, its a bit taller. it looks ok.
Do you think I could get ahold of this lower spoiler from a Honda parts store? I saw the Si spoiler, but I don't really like how high it is.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DO NOT GET THE SPOILER FROM THE DEALER. over price. i got mine on craigs list for $25. matches my car perfect.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotcha, I'll keep an eye out for some on craigslist. Got my car on craigslist actually =) I'm proud that I found it haha.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, updating my choice for catback exhaust..that previous one is still a little pricey for me. Thinking about the Yonaka exhaust system sold in the marketplace here. Is Yonaka a good brand to buy from?

civic98ek

Registered VIP
that megan catback sounds really good on your car tho. i was going to buy the same exhaust on craigslist but the guy never got back to me about it. si wheels look pretty nice painted white but everyone in my area has them so i personally dont really like them. i have rotas but alotta ppl have those too. i would definatly lower it. good luck! very clean car.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I'm gonna wait a paycheck or two to decide which exhaust to get. So if I can afford the megan exhaust I'll probably get that one. And I may end up just polishing up my wheels real good, I'll post pics after it's done.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got an 01-05 Si emblem for the front grille, I'm liking it already. Hopefully getting those wheels polished up this weekend! Most likely going to end up getting the Yonaka catback exhaust system and either a Megan racing short shifter for like $50 or a Skunk2 short shifter with carbon fiber shifting knob for like $150. Probably going with the Megan shifter.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the yonaka cat back. I think it sounds really nice. Absolutely no rasp and a nice deep tone.
Sweet. Yeah the only reason I was leery about getting it is because I don't really like that can at the muffler tip...I just like cylinder look better. But am I willing to pay $160 more just for the Megan racing exhaust 'cause it has the cylinder? Nope lol.