civrex's 91 std civic hatch project build!!!

civrex

5+ Year Member
well i want to start off by saying what's up cc!!! i've been on here for awhile but forgot my old password so i had to redo my registration. i use to have a 90 civic hatch dx had it for about 3-31/2 year's i love old skool, ef's there the greatest!!! but anyway's you gotta check out my old build go here lot's of pic's!!!

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/honda-civic-crx-ef-1984-1991/97296-civrexs-dd-project-build.html

i got into an accident and had to go get a new project which is how it all started off again with this!!! i will be coping and pasting this stuff over till im up to date here, so just hang on i'll warn you i love pic's they show, tell everything.

THIS IS THE START OF A NEW BEGINING!!!

so im back already from my accident's< lol!!! but no it's finally time to start all over again. yes my car was probally fixable and so on but i just didn't want a wrecked car! i wanted something new with a fresh start again, to do thing's right this time around from my experiance! so i've been looking around for a decent shape stock hatch 88-91 of course, i love to keep it old skool! but yeah i finally found one that i thought was decent with a little rust. so i seen this and new i could work with it a little and make it mine's and nice. it's a (1991 std civic hatch) here's how i first seen the car!

no tire's, no front bumper or filler peice, some rust, broken windsheild, the paint's in pretty decent shape beside's the roof, hood, and right fender. i wasn't looking for something already perfect as i like a challenge to see what i can make it become! i picked it up 10/15/10!

and here's the next morning after i brought it home!

and here's how the interior look's

civrex

5+ Year Member
now it's time to get this thing started! so the next morning i start off by taking the interior harness out of both car's, then i redid my wire tuck better! here is a pic of the wire's.

this s**t was a mess so many plug's!!!

i then ran them through the car and out of the whole where the door harness come's out of and then screwed them down!

i then got a bucket with some water and started degreasing the engine bay.

stripped the interior out and started cleaning up the floor board a little, that was nasty floor's good and sterdy though that's a +!

engine bay cleaned up!

and here's my other one that i started stripping

fender's installed

took the gay cluster out and installed mine

civrex

5+ Year Member
i started looking into everything and noticed the std didn't come with a stock sway bar,

so i took mine off and painted it for the hell of it then installed it!

the zc waiting on stand, to be installed

sway bar put on, engine's in car, suspention ripped out as to another std thing with the spline diffrence's!

rear suspention also ripped out. while i had this ripped apart i went ahead and rounded off that lip for my wheel's to fit!

i put in my eibach sportline spring's front and rear and also my skunk2 lower control arm's!

civrex

5+ Year Member
Lol all beat pics hahaha d your crazy and u KNow 92-95 isthe best
huh^^^ lol. beat pic's??? but hell yeah ef is what got ya'll started lol. nah i do like all year's but for me old skool it is you know, till i die!!! lol :lol:

greddy1387

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol i only seen ur first pics and i thought thats all you were putting on hahaha and Im and EG lover 92-95 my next plan is a daily ls 4 dr with 2 dr front end and OG sanss but thats down the road

civrex

5+ Year Member
so i put my wheel's on and sat her on the ground! she's looking a little better so far but i still have alot of work ahead of me!

rear shot with nasty rusted rear bumper filler piece!

side shot!

i then started laying my carpet down to get the interior done a little and take a break from mechanical work!

so i got the interior almost installed, roof rack on, spoon mirror's installed, halo's in for now till i get stock one's, and then stopped for the night. i drove the car to the car wash to spray it off a little since i had it somewhat done, to see how it drove. oh yeah i also to my rear filler piece off my white hatch and temporaily painted it with some red i had laying around!

it shine's up pretty good for almost 20 year old paint i didn't wash it i just sprayed it down real quick!

i still need a front bumper, filler piece, corner light's, etc...

civrex

5+ Year Member
Lol i only seen ur first pics and i thought thats all you were putting on hahaha and Im and EG lover 92-95 my next plan is a daily ls 4 dr with 2 dr front end and OG sanss but thats down the road
oh lol alright i got you now ;) and hell yeah that's what i need a daily 4 dr or at least a 2dr cp.

civrex

5+ Year Member
the next morning after just getting the car done the night befor i didn't like it at all i was already wanting my hatch back! the steering sucked ass it was so sloppy, it need's alignment, the steering wheel dosn't tilt do to being std, the swithche's like light's and wiper are junk, so the steering wheel was like all the way up and i couldn't really see over it i felt like i was driving an old skool caprice or some thing, it was so touchy too like it had power steering and i like my s**t tight! so i just had to have my stuff back!!!!

so i ripped the whole rear crossmember or what ever and rack opinion out, if i would have known this i would of left the sway bar on here already and did it all together!

this is the one im installing i marked it so my steering wheel wouldn't be all out of wack when reinstalled!

i had it that far so i said f*** it, and ripped out my whole steering column also! i can't not have tilt wheel and i didn't want to get this hatch and down grade from what i already had!

here's both of them together!

at least now if i ever want my rear wiper back everything's wired up and ran now lol!

civrex

5+ Year Member
alright here we go some more another problem when i took it home that day! i went to hit the brake's and they went to the floor there was barely anything there so, i got to looking at the booster and pump and noticed it was leaking before so that's what i ended up doing! i ripped mine out and the junk one then reinstalled mine's from the white hatch! and i figured i mine's well do it while the steering column was out!

here it is out!

and here you can see where it was leaking before!

then other one reinstalled!

and then steering put back in!

so we started bleeding the brake's and then broke a bleeder screw i hate messing with these damn thing's! so i had to let the car sit till the next morning so i can get a new one! woke up the next morning got one and then went to put it in and it didn't fit!!!! so i didn't feel like runing 12 mile's away to get the right one at are nearest auto zone store so i said f*** it and ended up ripping the whole rear brake and hub setup off mine!

here's the old one the one giving me problem's!

and here's the other one that im installing!

and done

then we left the car up and bled all the brake's and it's a little better but im going to get someone to bleed them right for me to get them perfect! i hate doing that!

civrex

5+ Year Member
i really hate the trunk's of ef's there's stuff alway's falling in that big spare tire area, so i cut out a peice of board to perfect fit around the plastic interior quarter panel thing's, and then glued some new carpet on it. here's how it came out!! next im going to drill through it and mount my battery so i can bolt it down.

i called the windshield place and told them i had a windshield i just needed them switched and asked them how much would it be. they said 150+ and if they broke it then im responsible!!! then i asked how much for a new one they said $212. but i just got mine through them not to long ago why buy another one when i had a perfect one you know!!! so i said f*** it and took it out my self this was my first time doing this i was worried but it wasn't that bad!

i had a buddy of mine help me i used a guitar string and we just kept going back and forth/in and out motion!

and here's a pic of me being tired and hairy for all of you who never seen a face to my name lol!

civrex

5+ Year Member
here's a pic of my white hatch for more pic's check out my last build thread! my pop's think's he's a beast picking up a bare ef hatch lol!!!

civrex

5+ Year Member
well im just going to keep going while i have the time lol! you guy's are probally getting tired of me lol.

but anyway's here's how the interior look's for now! i installed my little clock on the vent's, and i put a 92-95 center console setup in for now, i have the other si passenger seat, but it's at home and i don't feel like digging it out yet lol.

here's the engine bay wire tucked clean etc..., these are some pic's with the polished valve cover!

but i think it look's cleaner with my black wrikle painted one on! what do you guy's think?

civrex

5+ Year Member
i washed the hatch again with a bug scrubber and some soap, wet sanded hood and passenger side fender a little, scraped all my window's with a razor and then cleaned them there blinging now that's what im talking bout lol, but i didn't get to buff/wax the car yet! i hate this getting dark eairly s**t, i cant do to much in a day, but it's only going to get worst soon! I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyway's here's the pic's BEWARE LOT'S OF THEM!

i went to a little cookout today at stephin's and he went sticker happy on my fairing!

i put my broad way mirror in!

and tonight i tried my wing on.

civrex

5+ Year Member
once i get the rest of my stuff on i think it'll look good! im keeping it my mind's made up!!! so today i really didn't get to much done, i just taped up the rear bumper and painted it all beside's the molding around it!

here's how it came out i love it! i think it look's good! it def changed the look!

and here you can also see the molding's look better i took a scotch brite pad to all of them and they came out pretty clean! that was easy enough lol.

and then i scraped all extra 3m tape off of my visor's cleaned them and installed new then applied them to the car!

it's getting better and better! i cant wait to get a front bumper, t-bracket, corner light's, ect...

civrex

5+ Year Member
i finally got around to getting my broken windsheild out, and other one installed!

and then today i went for a ride and my girl came with me, well since i had the car the heater core's been bad, leaking somewhere? but i wasn't worried about it i was going to let it go because i want to park the car every winter anyway's but, she started flipping saying it's cold in here bla bla bla non stop so i said well f*** it then i'll put a good one in! and since i had to take the dash off i decided to put my crx dash in this one now!

how it did look!

dash off

took heater core out

both dash's

that's it till tomarrow it's to dark to take pic's! but i got the crx dash in but not completly installed, and heater core still need's hooked up from the outside! will post more pic's tomarrow.

civrex

5+ Year Member
so finally i found someone with the part's i needed!!! i was so geeked lol! but i just went to go get a bumper, bumper filler peice, and corner light's, and ended up getting pretty much a whole front end for cheap!

so i ended up also getting stock 91 civic headlight's pretty clean, and amber corner's! both side's.

and also some bumper light's!

then here's the bumper i picked up

it also came with the bumper support and foam peice in between it!

then i also got the filler peice, a t-bracket that goes between the headlight's, and a pair of decent fender's with molding's! so here's a picture of everything i got tonight!

civrex

5+ Year Member
well finally got around to uploading the pic's! so here's the crx dash installed!!! dont mind the mess this is when i just got done.

and heater core work's great also!!! now i dont have a toggle for a heat switch either lol, my white hatch only had high or off because it was hooked to a toggle. now i have 1-4 heat lol!!! and i still didn't get around to getting them pedal's off.

and here's the front end installed! headlight's, corner's, bumper, t-bracket, and filler. i just slapped it on for now i got to mess with it a little to get it lined up perfect.

this front end is ugly lol i need to get my lip on, bumper painted, and something else to make it look right i dont know??? ughhhh oh well at least it's almost complete now!

civrex

5+ Year Member
it was pretty decent out today so i took the car to the wash! i cleaned it up and then sprayed a quick wax over it. then went to take a little photo shooting! pic's, pic's, pic's!!!

then i couldn't take it any longer, so i went and put my vw lip on!

these last four are my favorite one's!

civrex

5+ Year Member
today i got around to getting this annoying front end off again to paint front filler and bumper! and since i had it off i tried fixing most of the indent's on it. if you look at the other pic's you can see how it was dented, and hanging down a little on driver's side. i took the heat gun to it some. it's a little better now!

off sanded and taped up

i also resprayed the lip. here's the bumper painted lip installed and still taped on molding!

and done

here it is installed i also just bought a bra for the hood!

i love the way the bra make's it look! i've been looking for one of these since i got my hatch!

i think the front end look's pretty clean now!