civrex's 91 std civic hatch project build!!!

civrex

5+ Year Member
welp it's time for some winter mode just put my si wheel's on! and thank god i put that heater core in cause it's freezing out there!!!

lot's of pic's coming again beware!!!

i washed it up today, and decided to take it out for some photoshooting only done by me though lol. with a little snow out too!!!

civrex

5+ Year Member
alright sorry for all that just had to catch thing's up till today! now here is where im at as we speak 2:30am jan,05 lol. this is what i got done yesterday!

well it's been awhile since i've done anything with christmas and all that in the way, but now it's time to start back up again! so i figured i'll start working on my suspention again i need lower lol!!! but anyway's awhile ago i bought some top hat's to extend them and finally got around to doing that! so here's how they turned out for now. i cut the top of the hat off got some piping big enough to where the top piece can go down in instead of on top, i think it look's better.

front's i made 1' to 1 1/2 and rear's i did 2'

now here they are welded and painted.

and here's how they look complete with bushing's etc...

and i also have some strut's on the way hopefully!!!

civrex

5+ Year Member
then i cleaned my wheel's off they were a messss!!!!

there's two done lol!

and i've been wanting to do all red tail's for awhile now also, i just couldn't find anything to use. till the other day i seen this so decided to try it out!

here's the original orange corner.

in the process.

and the one on the left is done still need to do the right, it's hard to tell in pic's though.

now both corner's done,

then i said f*** it, i'll just do the reverse light's too just for now.

civrex

5+ Year Member
i also went out today and took some random shot's again, only change's are i took the replica wing off for some modification's.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Makes me want to go home and work on my hatch! Oh wait... awww..

civrex

5+ Year Member
lol get to it! it's a pain in the a** sometime's but well worth it in the long run!!

civrex

5+ Year Member
alright here we go today was a long hard busy day!!! i got my strut's, and only got to put the two front's on for now. but i've owned a 4th gen for like four year's and was alway's depressed on the lowest i could go, but tonight changed it all! i didn't think ef's could go low for a fairly decent price being that i am a father of three and have limit's lol. but i actually think i got it too low lol.

here's the two front strut's the one on left is the one i took off my car, and right is the new one! you can see how much shorter it is, with the same amount or more of travel!

here it is ready to go back in with extended top hat installed and coilover sleeve's. here's where you can see my mistake lol. there's no sleeve it's just the spring.

then here it is installed

so when i did the other one i made sure i put the adjustable part in there i'll just have to fix the one pictured up there tomarrow lol. but yeah here's a little sneek peak of them installed the passenger side is what i dont want and driver's side is how it going to be.

passenger side

and driver's side

and here's how much diffrence in the rear's which will hopefully be done tomarrow!!!

greddy1387

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol about time you go low brotha but theresss nooo spring rate at all on coilovers your gonna hate it

civrex

5+ Year Member
so here it is, it's official my ef is now slammed to it's max for now.

here's the rear strut assembled i put the eibach spring's back on for the rear's with my extended top hat.

here's a bay pic to see the front top hat's.

this is the car jacked up notice the tire is off the ground and there's only that much gap between the tire and fender with it off the ground!

here's the underneath of car with it all done not moved yet which mean's there not settled yet.

here it is all down but still not driven yet

now after i drove on them for the first time!

now comparing it with my pop's hatch lol!!!

man this thing is crazy low, im already bottoming out on my shock tower's with the uca's! i did alot of driving today and scrapped pretty decent amount of my flap's off already lol. also some other sh*t like under the car and swept lot's of rock's off the road borrough's probaly happy lol.

civrex

5+ Year Member
yeah i know but i wanna put my og's on to see what i have to do like to adjust them perfect for them! i need smaller tire's though baddd. cant wait till spring, i think tomarrow im going to put the og's on and see what's up. i might end up rolling/pulling sh*t too we'll see!

greddy1387

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok bruh i defff wanna see how the OGs look dumped lol. i cant wait to get my wheels.

ef8hatch

ef8hatch

AWSOME hatch bud, im 15 but im gettin a ef8 hatch soon, whats the best engine to put in one for power? Iwanna get one where to ends up bein bout 230 to 300 hp, how much u think itll cost and what should i have, such as the block, cams, cam shafts, what would be the best setup. And btw love the old skool too lol. Nic ef9.

civrex

5+ Year Member
so your getting a crx? you said ef8 so i figured that's what your getting. and i would say it all depend's on your price range how much are you looking to spend? and for a decent price you can get either a b16 sir, or gsr b18. they have alot of aftermarket support and to swap them in isn't to bad either. you'll need mpfi done if it's a dpfi, ef to b mount's, shift linkage, a vtec subharness, or plug's that go to knock sensor, vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure, and 2nd o2 sensor. 90 -93 integra throttle cable, clutch cable, axle's and intermediate shaft, rear t mount bracket with bolt's, and a pr3-pw0 ecu. depending on what model civic, crx you have. and if you dont have a dx or si you will need to get the spindle off of one of them then take out the dust ring's from the back of it. you can get the complete change over from hmotorsonline.com for around or under 2 grand or check around diffrent place's for one. and thing's to find out if you staying with cable tranny or going to hydro, staying obd0 or going obd1, witch everone you go with make sure you match up the dizzy, wire harness, and ecu for it! if i think of anything else ill let you know or any more question's feel free to ask.