ClubCivic - Meet Barney!!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahhh, is he taking off those stickers with a razor? :???: That shits pretty risky. But anywho, looks like a pretty nice little project. What are the plans for it?
yes, he works at a body shop, he knows what he's doing... besides the plan is to have it repainted anyways... i'd rather have a few razor scrapes than the stickers that were on there...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, he works at a body shop, he knows what he's doing... besides the plan is to have it repainted anyways... i'd rather have a few razor scrapes than the stickers that were on there...
any hookup? Would love to get the integra repainted ... i was thinking maybe a grey a little darker than the VSM it is now

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any hookup? Would love to get the integra repainted ... i was thinking maybe a grey a little darker than the VSM it is now
i can always ask... i asked him for a guesstimate on repainting barney, he said about $1200... :???:

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol "barney" XD

I'm glad you have a ride! :] i'm sure it'll be fun to fix up the car. now you'll have a lot of projects to work on and keep you busy. hehehe.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can always ask... i asked him for a guesstimate on repainting barney, he said about $1200... :???:
never mind ... ill hit earl schieb i aint lookin to be show quality ... it was $440 to repaint my old accord ... ill spend a little more on the acura cause i want an actual clear coat and not the "intergrated clear" they used last time

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
never mind ... ill hit earl schieb i aint lookin to be show quality ... it was $440 to repaint my old accord ... ill spend a little more on the acura cause i want an actual clear coat and not the "intergrated clear" they used last time

Where's this? I would be interested for such a price.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where's this? I would be interested for such a price.
Earl Scheib auto paint and body
CONCORD
2130 MARKET St.
CONCORD, CA 94520
(925) 609-7780

i had both these cars painted there

Stage 2 paintjob ... $330. Painted November 2003

statge 3 paintjob ... $440 but that included fixing 2 dents, shaving all the emblems, and painting all the way down. Painted Febuary 2004

The hayward location also does good work .... im not sure what exact job this guy got or what he paid, but the car was painted sometime in 2003

sorry to derail your thread daniel

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the info melt. You coming to the fremont meet?

PS How long did you have the cars after you got them painted and did the paint start to get f**ked up or anything?

I remember seeing pics of your old accord, looked nice

/threadjack

sorry =)

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no fremont meet for me i be chiclllni u p heere in chcicoooo but they be holdin up good ... liek i said the kley is to get the paint jbo wqit out ther integragra clear coat cauisue its bvluusghit you boggta get the extrernal clear

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no fremont meet for me i be chiclllni u p heere in chcicoooo but they be holdin up good ... liek i said the kley is to get the paint jbo wqit out ther integragra clear coat cauisue its bvluusghit you boggta get the extrernal clear
drunk post?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drunk post?
hell yea i dont even remember comin on my computer llast night ... imma have to peep all the other forums and see where else i was drunkin it up

but like i was tryin to say ... if you get the intergrated clear it scratches madd easy .. other than that the paint is good

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn i just found an open beer in my fridge ... at least i tried to save it

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hahha, you're a funny guy melt.

Are you planning on getting the teg painted there?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im still deciding if i want to keep the teg ive had it for almost 3 years, but yes ill probably get it painted there this summer .... im gonna shave my emblems and primer, spray the trunk this weekend so its not black no more with the horrible paint it has right now

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What do you mean about the windows being "frosted over"?

Could it be tar from a smoker? Spray some glass cleaner or Simple Green or somethign on the interior and try wiping some off. If the cloth comes back yellowish brown, it's probably smoker's tar. It will come off, but with a lot of work.